PDA

View Full Version : Websites

Bobbin Threadbare
01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
I think there should be a sub-forum in the 'Technical' forum (like PDA/Smartphone section) called websites. Basically people would talk about they're websites and coding related to website designing. Using web designing programs such as Dreamweaver and Microsoft Front Page. Good idea?

Limetang
01-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Nov 1 2005, 10:48 AM
I think there should be a sub-forum in the 'Technical' forum (like PDA/Smartphone section) called websites. Basically people would talk about they're websites and coding related to website designing. Using web designing programs such as Dreamweaver and Microsoft Front Page. Good idea?
Writing a page in NotePad is better than using Dreamweaver and Frontpage, you don't get the horrible unnecessary code.

But, I like the idea, it's better than the PDA forum...

Bobbin Threadbare
01-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I never said these were good or bad. Jusst giving examples of website clients.

bruno
01-11-2005, 10:25 AM
i agree with bobbin , with the sub-forum, i expect some admi read your idea :whistle:

Bobbin Threadbare
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Wow, I didn't really expect so many positive thoughts on this!!! Well... two.

*gets a magnet which drags admins to this thread*

Limetang
01-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Nov 1 2005, 11:34 AM
Admins are robots?

I seriously hope this is added.

The Niles
01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not against this but I don't want another subforum as dead as the PDA/Smartphone one. Just place your questions in the technical forum and if there is enough traffic we will create a subforum for it.

Bobbin Threadbare
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Limetang+Nov 1 2005, 10:35 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limetang @ Nov 1 2005, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Bobbin Threadbare@Nov 1 2005, 11:34 AM
Admins are robots? [/b][/quote]
No. Magnets are not necessarilary attract metal. Magnets attract something to the magnet. Use this as an example "That Smith is a real babe magnet". This means that women are attracted to this Smith fellow.

Back on topic... That's a fair enough point, Niles.

Tulac
01-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I have a hunch that web design is much more popular than PDA's on this forum...

Rogue
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare+Nov 1 2005, 05:48 AM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin Threadbare @ Nov 1 2005, 05:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think there should be a sub-forum in the 'Technical' forum (like PDA/Smartphone section) called websites. Basically people would talk about they're websites and coding related to website designing. Using web designing programs such as Dreamweaver and Microsoft Front Page. Good idea?[/b]
Good idea!

Originally posted by Limetang@ Nov 1 2005, 06:15 AM

Writing a page in NotePad is better than using Dreamweaver and Frontpage, you don't get the horrible unnecessary code.

But, I like the idea, it's better than the PDA forum...

Both DW and Frontpage can be customized and setup so they don't add unnecessary code to your web page. Ignoring good web-page tools will not improve your web design.

******QuoteBegin-The Niles@ Nov 1 2005, 07:36 AM

* I'm not against this but I don't want another subforum as dead as the PDA/Smartphone one. Just place your questions in the technical forum and if there is enough traffic we will create a subforum for it.[/quote]

That was the worst sub-forum idea, as there was only 2 users if I remember that where interested in PDAs and Smartphones.

mouse31e
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
I think it's a good idea.
I personally find it very useful to get feedback (appearance/accessibility rather than content) on my websites and to have somewhere where I could ask for that feedback would be really helpful because with a new site the general site traffic are fairly poor at giving that kind of feedback.
:ok:

The Niles
01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Anubis@Nov 1 2005, 02:32 PM
That was the worst sub-forum idea, as there was only 2 users if I remember that where interested in PDAs and Smartphones.
Thanks, it was my idea.

Rogue
02-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Sorry, I tried to be honest. :blink: LOL

:sneaky:

Speaking of PDA, I even have PDA, but it's so bad that it's not worth mentioning on that sub-forum. :yawn: (My GBA SP has even more power then that junk)

The Fifth Horseman
04-11-2005, 02:07 PM
I think that a webdesign subforum might be useful, both for people who want feedback on their website and those who need help in designing theirs.

Two thumbs up.