PDA

View Full Version : Gene Wars

Danarth
29-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I dunno if this is a good place to post this, but i'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I just downloaded Gene Wars from form Underdogs, says it's a CD-ripped version of the game, but when i download it, all i get is another load of zip files, when i unzip them, all i get is another lot of zip files, and when i've done that, there are still no files to run the game.

Frodo
29-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Is there a .rar file? If so, you can extract that, then you should (hopefully) be able to play the game?

mouse31e
29-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Had you thought of trying the underdogs forum?

If that's where you got the file from it would seem likely that someone there can help you!

SupSuper
29-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I got Gene Wars from HOTU so I might as well help:

1. Extract the zip file you downloaded. You'll get a bunch of ZIP files, GENEWA01.ZIP to GENEWA16.ZIP

2. Extract all of those to the same folder and you'll get a bunch of RAR files, GENEWARS.RAR to GENEWARS.R14

3. Extract GENEWARS.RAR (You'll need WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/) or some such) to where you want the game (a folder called GENEWARS will be created).

4. Run SETSOUND.EXE to set up the sound and run the game with GW.EXE :) (you can delete all the ZIPs and RARs you extracted)

Danarth
30-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Jeez, i'm just full of problems...................I did all that, everything seemed alright, but then i tried to load it, then it complained about not having enough virtual memory, then shuts down Yahoo, MSN, and my Net Browsers, any ideas what i can do?