PDA

View Full Version : Crusader No Remorse: Can't Save The Game

Danny
10-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm running crusader: no remorse with DOSbox (of course...) and the D-Fend frontend. It runs fairly well, but won't let me use the save options (neither quicksave nor conventional save). When I try to save, it crashes to the "dos" with the following error message:

Halted file FILE/FILE.C line 61
Unable to create file. error #3

Does anyone know what's wrong?

BTW, crusader: no regret works better, lets me save - but won't play music! only sounds! I do prefer a music-less game to a save-less game, though :)

25-09-2004, 08:17 PM
i have the same problem.. please help?

Eagle of Fire
25-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Try this. (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=990)

If it doesn't work then I can't help you, I know nothing about DosBOX

aaberg
26-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Try to read this Topic (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=990&hl=). It's about another game, but I think it's the same problem.

Eagle of Fire
26-09-2004, 08:42 PM
I hope you realize you just gave out the same link than in the previous post? ;)

aaberg
26-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Yop. It was a brainfart! :bleh:

Ash, Housewares.
13-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Seems you guys got off lucky.

I get this message:

Halted file File\File.C, Line 61.
Unable to create file. Error #2

Your previous link cannot help me, as all of my files were already unchecked in the read only file boxs.

My version of Crusader was gotten here btw(if this helps :P)

If anyone can help me, I would be greatful, I loved this game since I was a child!

BeefontheBone
13-04-2005, 10:27 PM
wasn't crusader one of the ones that needs a savegame dir to be created? check its discussion thread.

Yobor
13-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Meh I practically am the master of that thread :max:
Yes, go to the thread there. But I might as well answer your question.
Go to the main area where you placed Crusader (The place with the .exe file) and create a new folder called "SAVEGAMES", but without the quotes.

BeefontheBone
13-04-2005, 11:24 PM
there goes my memory for pointless things again - now I don't know math! (to quote family guy. i better had know maths since i'm doing a degree in it...)

Eagle of Fire
14-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Please do not resurect old threads from the dead. This thread is easily 7 months old.

If you still have trouble running the game please start a new thread about it.