PDA

View Full Version : Riders of Rohan

Tom Henrik
06-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/211)

aaberg
07-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Hmm, looks interesting. I think I am going to try it some time. I haven't got the time now though, there is so many games to try, and so little time. B)

Shifter
07-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm definately going to check this out as there are not too many good LOTR games..wel not old games anyways..there rae some better new ones coming out..

Anways..gonna check it out =D

Christian IV
30-04-2005, 08:20 AM
:blink: :bye:
Has anyone tried this game yet? i am curious if it follows the
Tolkein stories, or if it just used the title, I love the storeis and
was hopeful that it WAS a true reflection of the books, but
have not had time to check it out in detail so I just wondered.
Anyone know? :blink:

another_guest
30-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I don't know the story all that well, and I've only just downloaded the game, but judging by the (by the way excellent) review, I'd say the game follows the story pretty well even though you can apparently alter the course things take.

Christian IV
30-04-2005, 09:12 PM
:bye:
Thanks Another Quest, I just re read the review, and you are
right, it was a very through and detailed reveiw, and it
intrigues me. I am encouraged, for it does sound like the game
designers did respect the story while allowing us to have
dynamic possiblities as well. The individual combat balanced
with the overall story progression sounds encouraging also.
Thanks for encouraging me to look at it some more. I think
I will take a chance and try it, i avoided the movies recently
made of the Ring Triliogy for I greatly have NO faith in most
evocations of great fiction, but the gaming genre does give
us some possibilities. Thanks
:D

blastradius14
01-08-2005, 06:17 PM
I played a SNES lord of the rings game and it was horrible. Didn't even follow the book at all. However, this seems a much better game, and follows the actual story much closer.

What? Stupid ESA! I loved to play this game, and now I find out that I lost it a while ago! :cry:

19-02-2007, 02:31 AM
How can i make battles, duel, bow-part run faster?

23-05-2007, 09:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 19 2007, 03:31 AM) 279894</div>
How can i make battles, duel, bow-part run faster?
[/b]

Try using DosBox, jump the frameskilp (or whatever that speed thingy is) to about 20,000 or so.

29-07-2007, 09:38 AM
For those wondering about this game: I remember playing it several years back and it was a fun strategy-adventure game that follows the story fairly closely.

At the start of the game, the situation is much as to be found in the early part of the Two Towers; the characters (several of whom are represented within the game) are found in the locations upon the map as in the book.

The plot is non-linear in the sense that you can move the characters as you please; thus you can choose to interact (by choosing responses among a few that are offered) between characters who are initially separated or you can keep some in Helm's Deep, with Theodred, on the plains, etc. The game features battle scenes where tactics may alter the course of the conflict, archery, and hand-to-hand combat. The dialogue scenes also can alter the course of the game play, so that you might encounter very different outcomes through playing the game in different ways.

Finally, a sequel to Riders of Rohan is mentioned within the game itself. I don't actually know if that sequel was made, but based on the fond memories I have of this game, it's one I wouldn't pass up if it can be found.

LaFey
21-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Just uploaded some boxshots and the Quick Reference card.

Surgeon
10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Is there any walkthrough or help?

I can't win with Legolas (too weak to fight) and I can't shoot with him. Nor do I know how to replenish forces.

Luchsen
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
The Quick Reference Card could be of help.

Surgeon
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
The Quick Reference Card could be of help.

Not much on the game's content though in there.

Luchsen
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
The second paragraph didn't sound content-related.

I still haven't found a walkthrough. :(