PDA

View Full Version : Ever Wanted To Create A Classic Game?

Kenney
24-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm dying to start on a new game project. I want to create a classic looking 3rd person point 'n click adventure! Sadly, my weak point is drawing, my art is below average! :P So, are you a great painter? Did you ever wanted to create a game and make money out of it? Here's your chance!

(We'll be making this project in Macromedia Flash, the game will be sponsored by a games company. We will share the money 50-50)

troop18546
24-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm all for money, man. But, painting in MSpaint would take me a LOT of time.

Kenney
24-09-2005, 03:30 PM
If you make a sample of some work you made I can say if you're in or not! :D

Tulac
24-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I suggest you take a look at the art section to see who's talented around here...

Kenney
24-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Great idea! I'll check it out!

win98
27-09-2005, 07:11 AM
i may suck at art but i could be somthing like a help desk email manger for the game or somthing and look after an email adress for people with questions on it you would not have to give me any profits at all i would jst mange it and tell another person who answerd the questions what to answer first as it might be an important question if you want me post back here problem is i live in new zealand so it might be a problem

win98
27-09-2005, 07:13 AM
also to find out the berst artist look out for posters with their own gallery in the arts section and pm them

chickenman
29-09-2005, 09:34 AM
You cannot make a good game in Flash, also it would look like dog sh*t if you use MS Paint.

Go learn a programming language, such as basic or C++, so you can make a game that most people would like to play, even pay for it.

Take my advice, drop the project and learn a programming language.

Danny252
29-09-2005, 03:28 PM
My advice, shut up and go program yourself.

Blood-Pigggy
29-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Danny252@Sep 29 2005, 10:28 AM
My advice, shut up and go program yourself.
Agreed.
Also, don't tell anyone to go and learn a "proper" language.
I've made many games using simple tools like DarkBASIC or the Games Factory.

If you know what you're doing you can make a proffesional looking game.
Oh, Kenney, I'm great at the program MS-Paint, but otherwise... nah.

Mr.Snuggles
29-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Im studing Manga but im not that good. 1-10 im about 6....but im not good at enviroments....only bodies.

Kenney
29-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by chickenman@Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM
You cannot make a good game in Flash, also it would look like dog sh*t if you use MS Paint.

Go learn a programming language, such as basic or C++, so you can make a game that most people would like to play, even pay for it.

Take my advice, drop the project and learn a programming language.
Kinda funny, but I already know Visual Basic and LUA to program for PSP and why isn't Flash a proper programming language? :blink:
I'm choosing Flash because anyone can play it, they don't even have to download it! And I don't want people to pay for their stuff, as long as I get payed :bleh: !

@Every Paint user
Just let me see some of your stuff, Even Paint may look good!

Mr.Snuggles
30-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kenney@Sep 29 2005, 10:13 PM
Kinda funny, but I already know Visual Basic and LUA to program for PSP and why isn't Flash a proper programming language? :blink:
I'm choosing Flash because anyone can play it, they don't even have to download it! And I don't want people to pay for their stuff, as long as I get payed :bleh: !

You how to use it right? Then do it yourselve. I means drawing isn't hard, it's just boxes and ovals all together. Whats so hard about that?

Kenney
30-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Snuggles+Sep 30 2005, 12:54 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr.Snuggles @ Sep 30 2005, 12:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Kenney@Sep 29 2005, 10:13 PM
I'm choosing Flash because anyone can play it, they don't even have to download it! And I don't want people to pay for their stuff, as long as I get payed* :bleh: !

You how to use it right? Then do it yourselve. I means drawing isn't hard, it's just boxes and ovals all together. Whats so hard about that? [/b][/quote]
Take a look at abandon adventure games. Those people drawing that were real artists and not some casual people with Paint! LOL

Mr.Snuggles
30-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Kenney+Sep 30 2005, 06:27 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kenney @ Sep 30 2005, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mr.Snuggles@Sep 30 2005, 12:54 PM
******QuoteBegin-Kenney@Sep 29 2005, 10:13 PM
I'm choosing Flash because anyone can play it, they don't even have to download it! And I don't want people to pay for their stuff, as long as I get payed* :bleh: !

You how to use it right? Then do it yourselve. I means drawing isn't hard, it's just boxes and ovals all together. Whats so hard about that?
Take a look at abandon adventure games. Those people drawing that were real artists and not some casual people with Paint! LOL [/b][/quote]
I knew that.........., I can draw OK but not perfect. I understand they were real artists that did that. Anyways, why not make a 3D or 2D.5 game with certain textures and not textures that were drawned? I don't think that might work but could be possible.

Kon-Tiki
30-09-2005, 10:56 PM
@Chicken: I'm quite tired of your behaviour in here. This forum's meant to help people out and to show the stuff people've made. Your attitude's the very opposite of it. You've been verbally warned more than enough times, and frankly, I'm running out of patience. One more of this and worse measurements'll be taken.

Tom Henrik
30-09-2005, 11:10 PM
And there can be wonders done with Paint. Take a look at Wired's and TheGiantMidgit's Portolios, and you'll see what I mean. Even my current avatar was made in Paint.

Just because you can't use Flash or Paint, doesn't mean it sucks.

punch999
30-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Chicken have you seen what tom henrik can do with paint if not then shutup and if you have shutup!

LOL

Tom Henrik
01-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Actually, it would be better looking at TheGiantMidgit's portfolio to see what can be done in Paint. He is much better than me. Just take a look at his signature, for example. :ok:

chickenman
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry Tiki and every one else I'll try not to say any thing else like that again, I just think flash is not a very good thing to make a game in as I have never seen any great games made in it.

@Tom
That was made in paint... OMG :blink:

Maikel
04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by chickenman@Oct 1 2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry Tiki and every one else I'll try not to say any thing else like that again, I just think flash is not a very good thing to make a game in as I have never seen any great games made in it.

@Tom
That was made in paint... OMG :blink:
Flash is a stronger tool to create games then people realize. The reason most flash games look crappy is because it are one-man projects. And good coders are not very often talented graphic designers. Flash games made by designcompanies are often very professional. And wait till you see what the new flash can do :drool:

Flash 8 will rock.

Tom Henrik
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Just a nice little Flash game we have on AR:

http://www.reloaded.org/download/N/50/

It's one of the most addictive and fun games I have ever played ;)

Kenney
04-10-2005, 05:21 PM
All true what you just said, there need to be at least 2 people working on a Flash project, 1 for scripting and 1 for graphics. Ofcourse, there could be hundreds of more jobs like level editor, publisher, website builder etc. But at the moment I haven't found anyone yet who is willing to do graphics :(

troop18546
04-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, that one rocks, I only got it yesterday though. But thanks fot the reminder, I'll go play now. :ok: