PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Jackrabbit

Indie
05-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who know this green little fellow.. or if he was a phenomena only on my computer.. I remember him/his game as my favourite when I was about 5 or 6 years old. which means I had this game 10 years ago, while I had windows 3.1
In a later version of the game, you could also choose between this red rabbit thingy or Jazz... I think his name was Spaz/Spazz..

So, anyone remember, at all??

FreeFreddy
05-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Of course, it's a nice game from Epic Megagames, it has really good music and there was also Jazz Jackrabbit 2 out, too. I never played the second part, but the first one I still have as a normal full version and a christmas edition shareware version. ;)
I for my part like there the bonus-missions, that ones where you have to run in 3D and collect things. Just there were never enough time to explore it all... :rolleyes:

Kosta
05-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I played it myself quite a lot. However it is still being sold by hideous http://www.epicclassics.com

And I strongly recommend NOT visiting that site :P

FreeFreddy
05-09-2004, 05:01 PM
I won't visit it until it stops selling the game. :angry: ;)

The Niles
05-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I know it and remember not likeing it at all. I'm not a platform gamer.

Braindead
05-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 isn't sold on that page? Maybe it ain't classic enough.
That reminds me I should boot up Jazz 2 sometime... :)
Jazz was really ahead of it's time when it came out as it gave fast/furious levels while most of us were still used to commander keen action. ;)

All game companies should be like Epic Megagames who keep supporting their old games. :)

Btw I don't know what the problem is with the wink smilie, I quite like it. ;)

The Niles
05-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Like hell they should be. It would mean no abandonware.

TheVoid
05-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Which means no abandoned games, no Abandonia, no Braindead Admin of Abandonia.... :not_ok:

Puffin
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM
I loved Jazz Jackrabbit..... I first played it at my friends house, before we got a computer to my house.... then when we finally got a computer (1995) I got it.... but I don't have it anymore :(
It's so cool game....

Tom Henrik
05-09-2004, 10:53 PM
I feel that it is my duty to say at this time that I have never even played the game before :lol:

FreeFreddy
06-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Shame on you... :P :sneaky:

Ioncannon
10-09-2004, 12:36 AM
I LOVED JJR. hehe In the winter, the menu screen gets all snowy (or was that in the christmas edition? I got scared when that happened (I was like 6)

FreeFreddy
10-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Probably Christmas Edition... I don't recall exactly, though - it's some time ago now. B)

Braindead
10-09-2004, 12:06 PM
seems like hotu is hosting most of the Jazz Jackrabbit franchise, in fact just snatched jazz jackrabbit 2: the secret files edition :sneaky:

the winter version is called Jazz Jackrabbit: Holiday Hare. You have a version based on the Jazz1 engine and one on the Jazz2 engine.

Violet CLM
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
I know this topic is kind of old, but it's not that old, still on the first page, and I only just found it while searching.

For those of you who are interested in Jazz Jackrabbit and his nine and a half games, I suggest visiting www.jazz2online.com, where you can get patches and countless levels and tilesets for the games, as well as simple information regarding the franchise and products, and a discussion forum.
As for Home of the Underdogs... Jazz 1 is over ten years old, but it's still being sold. Jazz 2 is over six years old, but it's still being sold, in addition to played daily by dozens of people. Neither are abandoned, and neither are free to download. The only Jazz Jackrabbit games which are free to download are Holiday Hare 94, Holiday Hare 95 and any of the demo versions.

wormpaul
04-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 5 2004, 10:53 PM
I feel that it is my duty to say at this time that I have never even played the game before :lol:
What a shame....it`s such a great games..

And important: Made by a DUTCH company :ok:

Morrin
29-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit was one of the first games we had on computer (I was much into NES before) and it's truly the one of the most memorable games ever.

Fenris
29-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit is really great. Sonic is nothing compared to this carrot eating predator :)

The second part is even better than the first although the singleplayer mode is too easy the included multiplayer mode is hilarious.