PDA

View Full Version : Lemmings

Kosta
11-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/37)

Anonymous
25-05-2004, 04:34 AM
Nasty, nasty lil' lemmings. To dang addictive. You are an evil person for having this game on here.

Kiddiarni
11-06-2004, 01:04 PM
This Game Ownz

auhsor
11-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Heh, lemmings is cool. One of my favourite strategy type games. And the inspiration for my avatar too.

Kiddiarni
11-06-2004, 10:37 PM
lol

mika
04-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Heh, check this out: http://193.151.73.87/games/lemmings/index.html

This site is actually a link from http://www.funnygames.nl/. Amazing that the lemmings game is done in DHTML!

FreeFreddy
04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Heh, check this out: http://193.151.73.87/games/lemmings/index.html
That shows, how much old games actually were loved, so even now there are remakes of them.
Do you think today's modern games like Warcraft III or Max Payne or Battlefield 1949 will have their remakes sometime later, when they are outdated, too? I doubt it, because I'm sure that the classic games were much better in their time than today's games at this time...

Durak
04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Reason for that FF is that Warcraft III sucks.

*snicker*

revgb
04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Durak WC3 is a great game and the best rts in a long time
plus its the frist 3d rts that actully looks good

Titan
04-08-2004, 11:58 PM
:ot:

unclefester
07-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Durak WC3 is a great game and the best rts in a long time
plus its the frist 3d rts that actully looks good

I am sure you have nto played Earth 2150 and Dark Reign 2.I liked the last remake of lemmings. However i cwan't figure out how to play the old one

Malchior
07-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Nah. Lemming 2: The Tribes! Now that beats ALL Lemmings games hands down.

Yeah, the original had ... well, originality, but the sequel found out how to make the game enjoyable, while still keeping it difficult and addictive.

And the others, well...
Lemmings 3: ain't really a Lemmings game.
3D Lemmings: 99% of the challenge was getting move the cameras around.
Lemmings Paintball: puh-lease.
Lemmings Revolutions: never played this one, but I suppose it looks promising.

Havell
08-08-2004, 09:52 AM

No single smiley post please. This is considered spamming.

Breaking rules again Titan?

Titan
08-08-2004, 11:13 AM

No single smiley post please. This is considered spamming.

Breaking rules again titANUS?

Wouldn't think so... it's better that i warn, then just move the entire thing w/o notice...

Nah. Lemming 2: The Tribes! Now that beats ALL Lemmings games hands down. *

Yeah, the original had ... well, originality, but the sequel found out how to make the game enjoyable, while still keeping it difficult and addictive.

And the others, well...
Lemmings 3: ain't really a Lemmings game.
3D Lemmings: 99% of the challenge was getting move the cameras around.
Lemmings Paintball: puh-lease.
Lemmings Revolutions: never played this one, but I suppose it looks promising.

You are forgetting about "Operation Lemmings"... one of the coolest games i've ever had to my A500... too bad it didn't work with my A600

Malchior
09-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Operation Lemmings???

Never even heard of it. Although it's not all that surprising cosidering I was never into the Amiga scene.

What was it like? I can't seem to find much about it online. Apart from the game itself of course. Is it worth trying to get Amiga emulation to check it out?

Titan
09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah! all the way!

Anyway; Sugestion would be to post some level-codes here also, or as Extra... for all lazy lurkers out there

Omuletzu
11-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah! all the way!

Anyway; Sugestion would be to post some level-codes here also, or as Extra... for all lazy lurkers out there
Hey are you implying something with that???
Oh and by the way so you know I AM THE ONLY LAZY LURKER around here...

FreeFreddy
11-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Than do something to change that. :wink:

Omuletzu
12-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Not in my power :oops: :cry:

scruff
01-12-2004, 12:20 AM
one word... Greatest game evar!

01-12-2004, 03:26 AM
some lemmings trivia!

it was first made for amiga (everyone knows this though)

an arcade version was made in prototype, but obviously the concept of lemmings didnt really work as an arcade game! YOU PAID FOR TIME!!!!!!! LOL. needless to say, it was never released. you can play it in MAME, however. if you're a masochist.

Fawfulhasfury
17-12-2004, 11:53 PM
How do you beat the first level. This game is hard!! :blink:

JimBo
25-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Where on the site is lemmings? I cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me out?

JJXB
25-12-2004, 05:26 AM
click the link in the first post of this thread.

daza
29-12-2004, 03:19 PM
who has the code for level four in taxing?? please post asap as its is doin ma head in not

wormpaul
29-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Dec 18 2004, 12:53 AM
How do you beat the first level. This game is hard!! :blink:
Come on..

When you got the lemmings feel it will go smootly :ok:

LemmingsLover
29-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Kosta@Mar 11 2004, 11:19 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?ID=37)
Anyone of you has an idea how to make LemEdit and Custlemm to work with DosBox 0.63 under Win2000?

thanks
:ok:

ultranewbie
29-12-2004, 08:21 PM
How are you supposed to beat the levels on the hardest setting? I've never been able to do it, is there anybody that has? Or are they just there to torment and mock me?

Oh, a FYI.. Lemmings happens to be the only computer game in history that my mother approved of. Weird, or a good sign for Lemmings?

Tuttle
30-12-2004, 08:53 AM
There are walkthroughs around for all the levels. Beating Mayhem is possible, but it typically involves sacrificing every non-essential lemming and having pixel-perfect timing.

Sabbit
16-01-2005, 04:48 AM
If anyone wants, I wrote down the first 36 level codes. It's as far as I got this afternoon, god this game is addicting.... I close my eyes and see little green-haired pixels marching back and forth behind my eyelids.... o.o

El Pollo
16-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by ultranewbie@Dec 29 2004, 09:21 PM
How are you supposed to beat the levels on the hardest setting? I've never been able to do it, is there anybody that has? Or are they just there to torment and mock me?

No, with some good ideas, luck and lots of practice its possible to complete the game. I admit, that there was one level, where I had to ask a friend how to do it. I didn't know that you can make the Bumpers walk again, by digging the ground under their feet.

Btw, I can offer the complete set of level codes for Lemmings, if someone wants them. But keep in mind that skipping levels kills much of the fun.

Sidewinder
30-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Theese fun lemming games like this, is best to play on a Amiga.
Do anyone here still use Amiga? :tomato:
The sounds, graphic and controlling are much more comfortable.
There is possible download a Amiga simulator called WinUAE, or WinFellow.
The experience is much more fun and you even need to wait for the floppy images to load. LOL
Much of theese games on this site are originaly produced for Amiga,
The game has been wery reduced after formating it to DOS :whistle:

M?re & Romsdal (17)

xoopx
30-01-2005, 02:03 PM
i use winuae, but my real amiga is in pieces. it might work, it might not! i keep it so anyone who says "OMG AMIGA ROMZ ARE COPYETRIETED" i can point to the real ones on my amiga and say FAIR USE.
anyway yeah i mentioned earlier as a guest (LOL) about it being for the amiga first of all, and the existence of a crazy arcade prototype version of lemmings. another popular game that was on the amiga first was WORMS, although i dont like worms.

xoopx
30-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sidewinder@Jan 30 2005, 02:54 PM

The experience is much more fun and you even need to wait for the floppy images to load. LOL

just set the floppy drive emulation speed to "turbo"

Sidewinder
30-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by xoopx@Jan 30 2005, 03:03 PM
i use winuae, but my real amiga is in pieces. it might work, it might not! i keep it so anyone who says "OMG AMIGA ROMZ ARE COPYETRIETED" i can point to the real ones on my amiga and say FAIR USE.
anyway yeah i mentioned earlier as a guest (LOL) about it being for the amiga first of all, and the existence of a crazy arcade prototype version of lemmings. another popular game that was on the amiga first was WORMS, although i dont like worms.
I have been gnown up with amiga 500 since i was 5, could write my name on it before hand-writing.
Since we got PC when i was 8, the Amiga did becom a bit forgotted.
7 years lather i took it my room and connected it to my stereo! The music is unic :kosta: . But the quality is nothing to cheer about:. :not_ok: 3 mouses has been changed, (all with the bad LMB. Need to press it wey hard) This anoying thing happend to my mouse a week ago.:angry:
The keyboard did also in periods become defect. Caps lock flashed constently.
But a year ago i bought a A500 (with 100 disks and 7 defect joysticks (danyoy).
from someone witch have taken good care of it, (Mom throwed the old one :wall: )
I do not have much knowlege about the inside of Amiga, but i have opend it to pull out two in-bended poles in the mouse port.
when i didnt have the mouse and keyboard, half of the games is usless without
Hated thoose startup whith hit space to continue.
Win UAE is a good emulator, but the sound quality is still a bit reduced but
the graphic is actually better on a old commondore monitor.
(because of the blurring on the screen witch hides the pixels?

Witch Amiga do you have? do you know how to make agiga formated disk to run un pc-? Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?

xoopx
30-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Sidewinder@Jan 30 2005, 05:14 PM

Win UAE is a good emulator, but the sound quality is still a bit reduced but
the graphic is actually better on a old commondore monitor.
(because of the blurring on the screen witch hides the pixels?

Witch Amiga do you have?* do you know how to* make agiga formated disk to run un pc-?* Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?
pc floppy drives cant read amiga disks.
for the sound in winuae, set it to "emulated, 100% accurate" (if you pc can handle it) it makes a difference in the sound. of course its not as good as the real amiga sound but its close enough.
hah yeah the p.c monitor isnt so kind to the low res games.. but there are filters in winuae you can run (i dont bother with them) amiga games always looked so much better on a tv or old monitor.
i had a 500, a 600 (both broke) and a 1200.
my opinion = dont mess with the hardware. its ancient and going to break.. you already found out the CIA controller chips like to die.. and there arent any replacements. it sounds terrible, but you're much better off spending any money on a faster p.c for winuae than improving the old amiga.

Sidewinder
08-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by xoopx@Jan 30 2005, 07:23 PM
[Witch Amiga do you have?* do you know how to* make agiga formated disk to run un pc-?* Is it possible to re-build the amiga to a PC?
pc floppy drives cant read amiga disks.
for the sound in winuae, set it to "emulated, 100% accurate" (if you pc can handle it) it makes a difference in the sound. of course its not as good as the real amiga sound but its close enough.
i had a 500, a 600 (both broke) and a 1200.
my opinion = dont mess with the hardware. its ancient and going to break.. you already found out the CIA controller chips like to die.. and there arent any replacements. it sounds terrible, but you're much better off spending any money on a faster p.c for winuae than improving the old amiga. [/quote]
`Without internet for a while`
I have a Pentium 4 and winXP, better bee good enough. (Use OpenGL filter but its just a little diffrence).
But i have heard someone that builded a amiga to a PC. (Was very fast)
Anyway, i dont know what`s a CIA, chips, and the hardware inside.,.
It shall be possible to formad adf to amiga floppy. -i have read a bit about it, and downloaded a missunderstanded program wich stands that it need 2 disk stations on PC. Wery difficult! Can`t understand it. I have herd about using shell on the Amiga workbench.
But it would be realy cool to link Amiga to PC. I tried to link the two A500 (before the old got throwed) Over a com cable with lotus turbo 2, didn`t work.
A amiga 1200 must be wery rare! That must be Difficult to get, and surely worth a lot. Is it a big diffrence from A500?

Echo-Chan
24-03-2005, 07:37 AM
AUGH! LEMMINGS! How I've missed you so! :kosta:
Mom loves 'em even more! She was a total addict back in the day. :blink:

Although, I'm having some difficulty running this and ONML under DOSBox. I try to continue after finishing a level ("click left mouse button to continue"), but it just kicks me out to the main menu and totally freezes. I tried using VDMSound as well, but after a few levels that freezes up, too.

Any reccomendations? Is this version even supposed to work under DOSBox? The front page didn't specify any compatability issues, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanx!

csteelooper
26-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Hello, does anyone know how to get the sound working when playing this game in DosBOX 0.63? Other games' sound works great, I can't seem to find a tool for this game's sound config, although there is an ADLIB.DAT file, meaning it should support ADLIB. I know from my earlier experience with this game, that the sound was quite good, and i'd love to be able to hear it again. Anyone?

Echo-CHan
26-03-2005, 08:36 PM
That's one thing I did figure out, and it's pretty simple. You need to reduce the CPU speed to 3000 cycles or lower.

To do that, go to the DOSBOX.GONFIG file (there should be a shortcut to it in the program group) and scroll down to the CPU section. The second option under the header should read "cycles=(some number)". Change that number to 3000, save the file, start up DOSBox, and run Lemmings.

You should be able to jam to that cool Lemmings music no problem now! :ok:

DCLeadboot
02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I always loved this game when I had it on my old SEGA Master System II, years ago. Recently, we gave it away to our minister, whose son is hyperactive, so it seemed that I might never see this game again! :cry:
Then I discoved the DOS version on Abadonia! :D

Question: I am missing the music and the trademark "Let's go!" How do you configure the sound in DOS-Box?

DCLeadboot
02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DCLeadboot@Apr 2 2005, 11:18 AM
Question: I am missing the music and the trademark "Let's go!" How do you configure the sound in DOS-Box?
Wait sorry, cancel this question!! :crazy:

11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I just tried ti download lemmings and it said the zip file was currupted. Is that my fault?

Winzip
22-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Yep, redownload.

04-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Echo-Chan@Mar 24 2005, 08:37 AM
Although, I'm having some difficulty running this and ONML under DOSBox. I try to continue after finishing a level ("click left mouse button to continue"), but it just kicks me out to the main menu and totally freezes. I tried using VDMSound as well, but after a few levels that freezes up, too.

I have the same problem too in dosbox...
it seems to be a mouse-driver conflict of some sort with dosbox.
when you play it with keyboard there isn't any problem.
Also when you play it in the normal dos-environment there is no problem but since I'm running XP there is no %^&* sound.

Actually the game doesn't "freeze" but simply pauses untill you press the right mous button. But you still will get kicked back to the main menu which is quite fustrating.. espacially when you play the next level by clicking you keep the music of level one. Playing lemmings with only one song isn't any fun.

Sadly enough I have no solution. Even tried to load a dos-mous driver in dosbox but no effect... does anyone else have a solution?

El Pollo
05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Is there more than one song in Lemmings ?

The_Harlz
11-05-2005, 11:20 AM
...who would have thought, those lovely people who made Lemmings would go onto to make the fun but nasty and ever so poplular GTA3... incredible!

Oh and...

> Is there more than one song in Lemmings ? <

There are HEAPs of different songs in Lemmings! I've even heard some have been remixed and downloadable in MP3 format.

VAUGHAN BUTTERS
30-05-2005, 10:12 AM
AAhh lemmings

i use to have this on the old acorn the GRaphics and music were a lot

better than the pc version
though

GREAT puzzle game

Recommend it for kids :ok: :ok: :ok:

09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Level 7 of crazy seems to be impossible to me... I have decided that the only way is to use the walk through...that tells me how to do it... as I had been trying for days... my ramp will not go high enoug to clear the stones for the others to fall out...

HELP!!!

Chica
23-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Hello! I was trying out Lemmings in DOSBox, and after each level I finish, something weird happens. First, I get the results screen, but it's small, and it's actually sideways. The same thing with the main screen. I have to hit F1 to go to the next level, and the next level is okay, so is the music, but then like I said, the results screen turns up on its side, and then the main screen does the same. Does anyone know why this is happening? ^^; By the way, in the other program (VDMSound), I actually can't even start it up. It says:

: Insufficient Memory
Exiting Lemmings...
Have a nice DOS!

:eeeeeh:

Yes. :bleh:

I think the best game play is when I just plain load it without any of the two programs, but there's no music or sound. Oh well. I'd much appreciate any help sent my way! :)

23-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Try to run it under Win 98 which has real DOS. All Dos emulators are not perfect yet.

Kearnsy
24-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by VAUGHAN BUTTERS@May 30 2005, 10:12 AM
AAhh lemmings

i use to have this on the old acorn the GRaphics and music were a lot

better than the pc version
though

GREAT puzzle game

Recommend it for kids :ok: :ok: :ok:
Me too!!

I agree with your recomendation too. good for building those problem solvings skills, but it could disturb some others ie:nuke button!!!

Good fun.... for a while. :tomato:

Mootrix
26-09-2005, 07:11 PM
If i just run: lemmings.bat i get no sound ? :help:
is there anyway that i can get some sound ? ThnQ

Bluntman
19-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Average rating is 3.2 :blink: :blink: ??!!?

Can't believe someone rated this game NOT with 5.

CMON THIS IS ONE TRUE CLASSIC

Blue_bags
19-10-2005, 08:20 PM
:ot: U guys should try syndicate :sniper:

VAUGHAN BUTTERS
21-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Kearnsy@Sep 24 2005, 02:52 PM

Me too!!

I agree with your recomendation too. good for building those problem solvings skills, but it could disturb some others ie:nuke button!!!

Good fun.... for a while. :tomato:
By Any Chance was this the first game you ever played?

it was definitly my first

30-10-2005, 03:13 PM
:help: Hi!, I need help!.
I don't know what to do with the lily pad in the game.
Do you know how to push it to the jungle???
I tried everything but nothing works!
please help me!!!!!!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Winlemm
09-11-2005, 09:26 AM
LEMMINGS IS THE BEST GAME EVER IT ROCKS

EDIT - the rest was deleted because it was :SPAM:

09-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Lilypads? Jungle? This lemmings you know-which is why my name is winlemm after the special windows edition you can buy for just ?2.99 in your local game. :ok:

05-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Hiya, first of all, thanks to the people who made this!

I have one teeny problem..graphic related I think,

I went through a step by step thing for dos and got the game running which was great, not sure if the sound is working coz I've got the speakers off and I'm not too bothered either way about that, it's just, you know the icons at the bottom of the screen, the thing that makes them 'dig' and 'blockers'? all the icons are just blank, I can see the numbers above them but I can't tell which one I'm clicking on? :(

Hope anyone can help me with this;

(I'm using dosbox for windows, I have windows ME)

Thanks in advance.

Mazza

questi
19-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Sorry guys i have got 1 prob...^^ i cant start this game ....with what program do ya play this???

Moppie
08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
use dosbox. u can find a link to the site on sourceforge at tah main site: utilities/programs. it works. Lemmings only freezes after I played 5 lvls. just restart it if that happens. just dont forget to write down tah passwords in case of a freeze. it returns to the main menu but the tape below doesnt move and the keys dont have any effect anymore. windows-key minimizes it rightclick/close youll be fine. :ok:

WaAn
10-01-2006, 03:39 PM
<Sniff> Played this when i was young. Well, very young. :D 7 years perhaps.

boero
02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
How can install correctly this hardware? I need some help! What are the different steps ?? II want to play some lemmings !!!. thanks !!

Gelfo
02-03-2006, 10:36 AM
what hardware?

iamthejake2000
23-03-2006, 09:09 PM
yo... i had this game for dos years ago and can't find the disk. it had way more music than any version i can find online (like turkish march on fun 14). anyone know how to get that version? thanks.

by the way, when i was little i loved the nuke! :D

-jake

BeefontheBone
23-03-2006, 09:31 PM
We've got the music right here (http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=music_list) :)

To answer the previous question (assuming you meant software), it's a DOS program - you need either a DOS system or the wonderful DOSBox emulator (it's on the front page of the site under utilities).

Confused
15-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey There All!! ok so it goes lyk this... i love lemmings and used 2 play it when i was little and when i found it on this site i was SO excited... so, i downloaded the game and dosbox 0.65, because i'm running XP, and everything went fine, then as soon as i open lemmings theres no sound and neither my keyboard or mouse will work, the only thing i can do is ALT+TAB .... so can anyone help me i am SO confused and frustrated :wall: because i love this game... if so can u please explain it to me in simple terms... i'm not 2 good at this kinda thing... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :help: thanks.

The Fifth Horseman
19-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Did you run the game from Windows or from DosBox?
If from DosBox, then try changing the settings in dosbox.conf until you find a working combination.

BTW: The review seems to be lacking compatibility info. :blink:

angus
21-05-2006, 07:16 AM
i've actually got a real DOS computer, MS DOS 6.22 with Windows 3.11 (ah the joys of drivers and config.sys files) and lemmings opeartes fine in VGA and PC compatible mode. however, the mouse wont scroll right. it will do everything else, scroll left, select lemmings and turn them into diggers or whatever, but the cursor will refuse to get any closer to the right margin than about a centimetre, just before it would have started scrolling. No other game (apart from Oh No More Lemmings) does this. Do you have any suggestion how do remedy this problem short of hunting around for another serial mouse with a working driver that will be a real pain to install and then juggle around to optimise conventional memory? Help would be greatly appreciated.

:wall:

steve
30-06-2006, 03:06 AM
I downloaded the lemmings game but my computer is too fast to run it. What can I do so that I can play it with the music and everything?

Japo
30-06-2006, 09:35 AM
http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

:ok:

Jordan
05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I was looking around for this game. :D Thanks! I found it on eBay but it was for $15 for the CD and another $15 for shipping and now I found it free yay :D

Guest_Mia_*
08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey, I got this running in DOSbox with sound, but I just have one question... is it possible to play it in DOSbox full screen and how?

Onyx
08-07-2006, 01:00 PM
@Mia- press ALT+ENTER for fullscreen.

If picture does not appear right open dosbox.conf with notepad and replace

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=1024x768 (not sure about this number but it doesn't matter)

with

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=true
fullresolution=640x480

enjoy :ok:

Leerok
13-07-2006, 03:07 AM
I was just wondering if there are there any levels with unique music besides:

Fun 22: Beast of a Level - NHCMJLNGDO
Tricky 14: MENACING!! - HMDIBINMEW
Taxing 15: What an AWESOME level - NHMDHFALGS
Mayhem 22: A beastII of a level - FINLMDIQIW

Lekonua
21-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I still have the CD for this game! ^_^

I used to spend hours trying to get a perfect score on every level possible.

So...friggin'...addicting...

But on my CD the sound is all screwed up when I try to play it. Everything else is perfectly okay, though so I just turn my speakers off.

30-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Hello

Sorry to ask what is probably a silly question - but how does this game work?? :sos:

I know I have to "give" the little lemmings tasks to perform, but how do I do that, what keys to use?

I have tried both keyboard and mouse, with the same result: When the marker (a cross) is on one of the lemmings it turns into a sqaure and the text says "walker 1", "walker 2" etc. When I move the marker to the "task-buttons" at the bottom of the page it also turns into a square, but no matter what key I press (or mouse button) nothing more happens. The lemmings just keep walking back and forth and don't even notice! :wallbash:

Please help! This game seems like so much fun and everybody has written nice things about it here, so I want to play it too!

Frodo
30-11-2006, 09:52 PM
You have to click on one of the squares at the bottom (digger, builder etc), and THEN click on one of the Lemmings. The Lemming will perform the task that you have assigned it.

:)

02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 30 2006, 10:52 PM) 269543</div>
You have to click on one of the squares at the bottom (digger, builder etc), and THEN click on one of the Lemmings. The Lemming will perform the task that you have assigned it.

:)
[/b]

Thanks, that was just the lead I needed! (Also, I noticed that only the task with a number above it can be used.)

This really is an addictive game, once I got started I couldn't take my eyes off it and now I am on level 29. Of course, my eyes are getting kind of sore - but what the heck, no pain no gain.

Thanks again for the hint!

20-02-2007, 06:08 AM
:sos: Please help me S.O.S , I don't know the lvl codes, so PLEASE , tell me where do u find them !
:titan: I will kill you all, if you don't tell me the lvl codes !

nitro
20-02-2007, 09:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 20 2007, 09:08 AM) 280094</div>
:sos: Please help me S.O.S , I don't know the lvl codes, so PLEASE , tell me where do u find them !
:titan: I will kill you all, if you don't tell me the lvl codes !
[/b]

Just play the game and you will get a new code every time you complete a level. If that's too mush trouble then you could try google, but it is a lot less fun.

Solaris
16-03-2007, 06:25 AM
I love lemmings!! :kosta: :kosta: It's super fun and the music rocks! The only problem is this downloadable version is missing a lot of the songs from the cd. this game is still a must play though!

Megaritz
29-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm playing Lemmings on DosBox, which I downloaded from this site, and I have a big problem. Whenever I fail a level (which happens a lot in the later levels), ALL subsequent attempts at that level will have the Level 1 music. "Dun...dun...Dun...dun...dun, dun dun-dun dun-dun..." When I get to the next level, it plays the normal music again (for the first attempt). But it's very annoying to have to play through the majority of my time listening to that. Not that there's anything wrong with that song, but I would REALLY like to be able to enjoy the songs other than that one more than 5% of the time.

I'd really appriciate it if someone has some kind of workaround. Other than simply succeeding in every level on my first try, I just couldn't do that. Even if I could, it's fun to blow them all up sometimes.

Megaritz
29-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Thought I'd clarify that I meant to say I downloaded Lemmings here, not DosBox. Also, I'm sure I spelt "subsequent" wrong.

01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
how do you get sound for the game to work?

_r.u.s.s.
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
run it via dosbox or vdmsound. but they arnt as exciting as you would think
well.. if you find "BLEEP" BLUUP-BLAP "BREEE" BLAP exctigin then they are exciting

01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
what command do i use to load it through dos box

_r.u.s.s.
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
intro

01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
thanks i got it

The_Lemming
19-02-2009, 09:10 PM
"YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
LEMMINGS!!!!!!!
Lemmings, Lemmings, Lemmings, Lemmings, LEMMINGS!!!!!"

-Me, upon discovering Lemmings

_r.u.s.s.
19-02-2009, 09:15 PM
YEEEEES tripod tripod tripod

me upon discovering your signature

(it shows me this:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8791/images1814165iu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
)

The_Lemming
19-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll have to alter my signature.

MUST FIND THAT PICTURE!

_r.u.s.s.
19-02-2009, 10:06 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/518/lemmings4903904so7.jpg

The_Lemming
19-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Thank you, r.u.s.s.!

Simoneer
09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Ah, Lemmings... One of my all time favorites. Lovely little bastards.

Speaking of which, I have the Holiday version (Xmas Lemmings) lying around here. Somewhere. Got it for like 2-5 bucks at the cheap... bucket... thingy... (bargain bin?) at a store a few years ago. Nothing to regret. :)

BranjoHello
31-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Lemmings are totaly lovable, they won my heart the first time I saw them.
I like the remake Lemmins that have all this parts in one package.

Lantern Jaw
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
In fullscreen the game goes back to the title menu and freezes after the first level.
I am on XP and Dosbox 0.73 (set to auto cycles)

Any help really appreciated.

KernelJ
05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm having all the problems mentioned by people through this thread, crashing and going to the main screen frozen, music resetting to level 1 music. I reckon that 'Fabulous Furlough' did a terrible hackjob cracking the game and has damaged the program beyond repair. Abandonia needs to find a better crack of the game without these problems, or the original version with the copy protection still in place so at least it works properly. Very poor...

KernelJ
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I've found a version at http://camanis.net/lemmings/files/games/lemmings/lemmings_dos.zip which appears to run without the aforementioned problems AND has the copy protection removed. The version hosted here should be swapped for that one! :thumbs:

_r.u.s.s.
05-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I've found a version at http://camanis.net/lemmings/files/games/lemmings/lemmings_dos.zip which appears to run without the aforementioned problems AND has the copy protection removed. The version hosted here should be swapped for that one! :thumbs:
thanks a lot! i added it into extras as the alternate downloadable version (just in case.. because for example i don't have issues with current version on dosbox)

pjlasl
12-09-2011, 05:55 PM
A classic! I spent countless hours playing this game.