PDA

View Full Version : Translation

Elvortay
07-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I hope this is in the right place. Well I've been using this site for quite a while now and I love it, so I thought I can contribute to it too. So Im offering to translate the site to hebrew, if you want. :D :D

A. J. Raffles
07-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Elvortay@Sep 7 2005, 12:05 PM
I hope this is in the right place. Well I've been using this site for quite a while now and I love it, so I thought I can contribute to it too. So Im offering to translate the site to hebrew, if you want. :D :D
Hebrew? Awesome.:ok: It's going to be an awful lot of work, though, if you want to do it on your own (the reviews need to be translated as well), so you might want to create some sort of recruitment thread first to find some people to help you.

Just in case you haven't had a look at it yet, here's the thread about translations of Abanonia: http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1659.
Good luck!

Elvortay
07-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, now I read it and I pretty much guessed that the reviews need to be translated too.

Sebatianos
07-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I would also suggest that you talk to Stroggy about this. He knows Hebrew as well, but he is currently on the Dutch translating team (so I don't know if he'd have the time). If nothing else, he can share experiance - being a translator himself :ok:

Elvortay
07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok will do

Tom Henrik
07-09-2005, 05:57 PM
That's a wonderful offer you come with :ok:

Remember, every translation on the site started by someone who took the job. Others will hopefully follow in time :)

And hebrew is an awesome language! :Brain:

Now, if only we would get it translated to some Asian languages, as well :P

A. J. Raffles
07-09-2005, 06:02 PM
African languages are still missing as well...

Tom Henrik
07-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Hmm... Kongonese? Kongonian?

Sebatianos
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Well technically speaking Hebrew is an Asian language... Israel is on the continent of Asia...

There were also some suggestions for Russian and Turkish translations (both countries have their largest parts in Asia), but I guess you were talking about languages like Chineese, Korean and Japaneese...

A. J. Raffles
07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 7 2005, 06:10 PM
Hmm... Kongonese? Kongonian?
Hmm, that doesn't sound quite right... Swahili would be great, though. Or SiSwati. Or Xhosa.:D

xcom freak
07-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 7 2005, 05:57 PM
That's a wonderful offer you come with :ok:

Remember, every translation on the site started by someone who took the job. Others will hopefully follow in time :)

And hebrew is an awesome language! :Brain:

Now, if only we would get it translated to some Asian languages, as well :P
I tried Arabic but frankly it takes a lot more time (about 10x) and it is right to left so the design has to be changed. So i abandoned it.... Good luck for hebrew.

Elvortay
08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I dont think it would be that hard to turn the layout from right to left, but I dont know how its build so... :whistle: :whistle:
So what should I do to start just translate the text of reviews?

Dino
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, if you translated language file, I think you should go for those reviews. I advise you first to translate smaller reviews, there's lot of them (they were usually added in the early stages of this site, so go through Abnadonia archives). Hope you'll be able to make it! :ok:

Elvortay
08-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Language file??

Tom Henrik
08-09-2005, 11:32 AM
We don't use the language file anymore.

See?
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1659

What you need to do is contact Kosta, and inform him of your plan :)

Elvortay
08-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Ok

Tom Henrik
08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Damnations...

The current layout of the site, doesn't support letters that doesn't look like these. This means we won't be able to add Hebrew to the site... now.

However, we are going to make it possible for when we redo the design and layout (which I think will happen soon, as it is beginning to get obvious that we need a new design).

So, your work will not be shown on the site, but it will not be in vain. If you really want to translate the site into Hebrew, then you can start by translating the reviews (start with the short ones) in Word. Then when we get the new layout, you already have a lot of translations stored on your machine. Then it's just a matter of copy those translations onto the site, and voila... Hebrew Abandonia, it is. :ok:

Elvortay
08-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Well, thats more or less what Kosta said... Its pretty sad, but maybe I can help with the new layout too, and then everything will be nice (Some say Im optimistic) :cheers:

cruelanais
28-02-2007, 08:59 PM
hello :)

I'll start translating the reviews into Turkish! well a slow start with a one-manned crew, but it's a start :D any technical guidance will be appreciated!

Abi79
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gökçe @ Feb 28 2007, 11:59 PM) 281335</div> hello :)

I'll start translating the reviews into Turkish! well a slow start with a one-manned crew, but it's a start :D any technical guidance will be appreciated! [/b]The greatest advice of them all: send a message to Kosta about this. ;)

cruelanais
01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I already did ;) and we more or less covered the site basics, it's come to the reviews now, the tough one :D

Abi79
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gökçe @ Mar 1 2007, 11:51 PM) 281519</div> I already did ;) and we more or less covered the site basics, it's come to the reviews now, the tough one :D
[/b]Good luck then! :ok: