PDA

View Full Version : Street Rod 2

Kosta
11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/34)

Anonymous
25-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Street Rod II is a game with enormous potential! I have spent many nights praying that someone makes a modernized version of this game

Street Legal Racing: Redline by Activision Value

its kind of buggy if you dont have a Nvidia Video Card and the cars become almost impossible to control once you start to supercharge them but its a great game.

LotharGR
25-05-2004, 08:26 AM
And the latest "Need for Speed - Underground" can be considered like a modern version of "streed rod"

Anonymous
08-06-2004, 11:49 AM
How come it has sound from inside the computer and not real sound from the speakers?
I used to have a version that let you select.

Anonymous
21-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Wow, I didn't know this game was this hard. I literally tried for hours to beat the Mulholland Drive for pink slips. I finally gave up and tried the Aqueduct Drive instead, but after about 40 minutes of trying, I gave up, deciding it was plain impossible.

Didn't remember it this hard...do I just suck or is the game really insanely hard?

Cobraking
17-07-2004, 06:26 PM
In the beginning of Streetrod 2 it asks a code. Where can I obtain that code? Please reply.

Anonymous
18-07-2004, 08:49 AM
The aquaduct races are pretty easy. Just start off with a slow car and learn the track.
The Mulholland Drive is, as I see it, literally impossible. At a certain point in the track you come across a grey part of the road. No matter what you do, you crash. The entire road is blocked.

Tom Henrik
18-07-2004, 12:23 PM
In the beginning of Streetrod 2 it asks a code. Where can I obtain that code? Please reply.

The game should be cracked! It should not matter WHAT you type here. :)

SanxioN
21-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Street Legal and NFS:Underground. Fine, fine. But there isn't a real remake of Street Rod. One with the classic cars, and the late 50's/early 60's malt shakes and hamburger feel to it :D . And one that is as fun to play. That I would like to see.

The sluggish car-handling of Street Rod 2 is a real pain the ass...

druidebaron
22-10-2004, 12:39 PM
A freeware sequel of Street Rod 2 is being developed. Surprisingly it's called Street Rod 3 (http://streetrod3.com/) :Brain:

Tom Henrik
22-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Finally! Our dreams have come true! :Brain:

Arrakis
25-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Why is mulholland drive impossible ( the gray field ) ?
I can`t pass it and racing the King requiers me to finish mulholland drive.

I would also love a squel with the early 70`s muscle cars

Eagle of Fire
25-10-2004, 09:03 PM
That race is not "impossible", there is a trick. You need to pass the last area (the grey area) just right to be able to go thru.

Arrakis
26-10-2004, 01:52 PM
And with just right you mean ?

Eagle of Fire
26-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Should I really give out this spoiler? :bleh:

Arrakis
27-10-2004, 07:03 AM
yeah ... I can`t figure it out, how to pass the section in the track.

Eagle of Fire
27-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Well, I don't remember exactly, but I managed to do it once. You need to go very slowly and run over the "hole" at the exact right place. If I remember well, there is two "squares" over the hole, and your wheels should run over them.

Sebatianos
27-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Well as I remember it, you have to go under the speed of 60 mph and I think it helps if you are slowing donw just before you reach this ?speed bump?. I remember I could win cars for pinky slips easyly on molholand drive, because they will rather take this challange than the aquaduct race, but I never could defeat the king! :cry:

Eagle of Fire
27-10-2004, 10:47 PM
As I remember it, it was pretty easy to beat the "King"... Passing the "speed bump" was the problem.

The finish line is not far after.

fire god
14-11-2004, 01:30 AM
what are the controls for street rod 2 i cant work out what the acelerator and gear shift is

thanks for any help

Nuke
18-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by fire god@Nov 14 2004, 02:30 AM
what are the controls for street rod 2 i cant work out what the acelerator and gear shift is

thanks for any help
i got same problem

Lejhoo
20-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Oct 26 2004, 10:41 PM
Olb boy loving old games:)
The trick is to slow down to speed.......i dont remember 40 or 50 and cross the grey area with this speed.
But what about sound??? Does SR2 work with SB??? if someone has a version patched to SB please let me know gr8crow@interia.pl

Eagle of Fire
20-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Use VDMSound or DOSBox.

Daniel
22-12-2004, 11:54 PM
YES YOU SHOULD! :ok:

27-12-2004, 01:48 AM
anyone crack this game for stuff? street rod 3 looks good buts its still in alpha and movin slowly bean two years at leats already bhut worht a check out if you do 3d you can model your own codes. wish i could put my own cars in street ros 2 some people been treyin yo crack motor city online but doubt it will ever happen so check street rod 3 in a few years

wayne
29-12-2004, 11:24 AM
yes you should

Anonamous Finlander
30-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Street rod 2

The grey area in the mulholland drive?

I'm not sure about this, but I got through it while driving around in quite a slow car. I think, that it can be passed by driving straight with aproximate speed of 55 to 60 miles per hour. Although I can only beat the poorest opponents with the intermediate cars... :tomato:

By the way, it is nice to hear, that they are creating a successor to the Street rod series. :Brain:

Ps.

After many ours of successes and failures, I successfully managed to play street rod 1 through. It was quite a challenge though. :max:

Streed rod 2s mulholland drive is yet far too tricky for me to master, especially with the supercharged beasts. I'll always make a timing mistake and run off the road or ram my car too fast to the speed bump. :cry:

Friend of yours
30-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Howdy evrybuddy??! :beer:

Letsaa ... goo tu de ... aa ... how a drink :cheers:

Whatsha sayin' ? :drunk:

Nope. Just kidding. :D

Can't wait to get my hands to a Street rod 3 :kosta: , when it becomes available... LOL

BigB
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I want SR3!!!!!

BTW, what are the controls?
I think its like;
Insert = gear up
Delete = gear down
left = left
right = right
space = accelerate.

Gigantor
23-01-2005, 12:00 PM
SR2 is an awesome game! I remember playing this on a 386 at school. I was amazed at all the things you could customize and change on your cars. Plus, you could own many different makes/models.

I wish the creator of SR3 would make it open source. I'm sure there is a college student or two that would be willing to finish what he started.

26-01-2005, 01:11 PM
When the game switches to racing mode the lower half of my screen gets garbled and I can't see the steering wheel, speed-o, gear shifter, etc.

Any ideas.

Willie
03-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey guys...If you search a new game with a good gameplay just like street rod 2...try street legal, it's a game where you can build your car with parts that you buy...and built in yourself..etc..just try it, you'll love it

Hunden
04-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I got a game called Hot Rod, it's almost the same as the old street rod, and the grafh is much better than SR3

Gejmer Bo˛o
30-03-2005, 10:35 AM
It was easy to win the mullholand drive for me, but I couldn't beat the king on the drag race... :ranting:

Bad Trip
21-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Nah ... That long road is far too hard for me ... The Aqueduct race is hard too. I'm good only at drags and I feel sorry for me :cry:
Maybe I play too much Underground :angel: :whistle: :sneaky: :max:
:cheers: mates !

Tulac
21-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I'd say this game pwns NFSU, and I've played a lot of both so I can tell you that...

Bad Trip
21-04-2005, 10:04 PM
I know that mate :bye:
I'm not born yesterday, but I prefer Street Rod 1 coz this one is extremly hard for me

(One day I should REGISTER to that amazing spot :ok: GO ABANDONIA GO :max:

Tony
23-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Can someone please tell how to pass the "grey area" in the mulholland race? Its really annoying, I tried it numerous times and always crash no matter what I do. Apparently others are having the same problem.
btw, its not a "spoiler" this isn't a puzzle game its a racing game.

30-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi, Im new here.

I tried many many many times to pass the gray line on mulholland drive, but its really impossible...

now i have 26 years old, and passed 13 years and i still cant pass that mf line.

heeeelp pls!

rodzillahotrod
30-05-2005, 08:19 AM
can someone tell me what part of the car u click on to change things im kinda lost here i dont know muck about cars and im just lost....thanks in advance for all ur help

30-05-2005, 05:36 PM
hi,

just click on the front part of the car to show the engine. Find the bolts and click do get they out.

after, click in parts and select the part to install then when the engine is complete, you can get he to the road.

see ya

rodzillahotrod
31-05-2005, 06:41 AM
wheres the gear ratio at?

Suede_54
12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how to beat the king? Gave up years ago, always get stomped from the second i leave the line. What car, parts combination or strategy should i use?

rodzillahotrod
19-06-2005, 02:38 AM
god can someone please tell me how to beat this game only thing i can beat is the drag race and i cant win and cars like this....thanks in advance

Tulac
19-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Tune your car before every race, buy the best parts, and practice ;)

Ryan
22-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Anonymous@May 25 2004, 12:32 AM
Street Rod II is a game with enormous potential! I have spent many nights praying that someone makes a modernized version of this game

Street Legal Racing: Redline by Activision Value

its kind of buggy if you dont have a Nvidia Video Card and the cars become almost impossible to control once you start to supercharge them but its a great game.
Hi there

Well no worries there is a new version called Street rod 3 and its going to be a free version.

http://www.streetrod3.com/

jhonsy208
28-06-2005, 02:10 AM
someone speak spanish????

necesito saber si la version del street rod 3, funciona correctamente ya que baje el juego y no se ven las LETRAS (del preiodico, de las partes en si todas las descripciones no se ven) tengo un computador rapido con buena tarjeta de video!! y ni con eso las puedo ver... si alguien sabe como resolverlo por favor enviame la respuesta a jhonsy208@hotmail.com

i need to know how can see the word in the newspaper, in the game street rod 3 so, if someone know e-mail me to jhonsy208@hotmail.com thank a lot

05-07-2005, 12:27 AM
For Jhonsy: Mira, justamente estoy bajando el Street Rod 3, te aviso si me pasa lo mismo que a vos.

Hello, I see that I'm not alone playing this old game, I have the same problem when I reach the greay band in Mulholland Drive, I just crash it, no matters what I do, and the aqueduct I've tried it several times with the same crashy-result... There has to be some easier way to drive in this game. I am downloading at this very moment Street Rod 3! I was waiting for such a game since a lot of time!! Thanks for the data fellow gamers!

Guest_Zach
10-07-2005, 06:16 AM
I tryed to download Street Rod II and everything was fine until i went to the folder i extracted everything to and double clicked on the SR.EXE file and it said that it could not run in MS DOS or something of the sort. anyone by any chance know what to do? i played this game when i was little and im thrilled i found it to play again. it's a great game.

Thanks,

-Zach

Bobbin Threadbare
10-07-2005, 08:17 AM
English is a good language. I like English. :D

Frodo
10-07-2005, 08:29 AM
@ Guest Zach

According to the review page, you should be able to run it in Windows Xp, Dos, or DosBox.

What version of Windows do you use?
:)

Guest_Zach
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I use Windows XP

12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
the message i get says

C:\STREET~1\SR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Guest_John
13-07-2005, 03:57 AM
yea same here i played the game before back when i had windows 98 but now with XP i cant play :angry:

boby
13-07-2005, 07:45 AM
good game

Guest_john
13-07-2005, 02:15 PM
boby u got XP? if so how did u get it to work?

YetAnotherGuest
22-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I managed to get a Chevrolet Corvette -68 (I think it was this one...) to run at 126 mph. Winning mulholland drive is difficult, but not impossible. I never beat the King in it, since he always overtook me when I had to slow down at the speed bump. You need a perfect drive to beat the King at mulholland drive. The normal opponents are not as tough, but it takes a while to learn the track.

At the drag race vs. the King, it's not the speed that matters... it's the tactic. ;)

Don't know if there is a way to make your car go faster than the 126 mph, or how to beat Aqueduct race vs. the King, never made it that far.

CI_LS1
19-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Fun game, even though the driving stinks. Figured a good way to get cash early in the game. Buy a car, then sell it. Offer it for the price you paid. The buyer will offer a lower price. No, offer the buyer the same price. The buyer will offer a slightly higher price. Then, enter a price $12000 to $15000. 6/10 times, they will bite. Don't get greedy- too high of a price, and they will decline. Also, too high a price (over 18000) will sometimes take money away from you. And, once you buy a car from the paper, it is gone from the game- each car only appears twice- the POS version, and the new version. This seems to work for most cars but the $390 Fury seems to make people choke.

Hot Rod American Street drag is similar, and cash is easy in that game, too. Just run a chop shop! Most cars can be parted out for more than you paid for them.

I hope I'm not posting old news.

30-09-2005, 03:54 PM
there is a modernized game of sr2 at www.streetrod3.com

03-10-2005, 12:07 PM
ihr müsst am anfang ein auto. dann müsst ihr das auto 2mal um den gleichen Preis anbieden wie ihr es gekauft hab und dann müsst ihr es um 22001 dollar verkaufen. :D

03-10-2005, 12:07 PM
ihr müsst am anfang ein auto kaufen . dann müsst ihr das auto 2mal um den gleichen Preis anbieden wie ihr es gekauft hab und dann müsst ihr es um 22001 dollar verkaufen. :D

03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I`m the king of road!! :apple:

Johnno
21-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Anyone who can win Street Rod 2 is a *dirty word* champ and I take my hat off to you.
Has anybody ever achieved this feat?

That bloody grey area is a speed bump? Is there ANY way to pass in at full speed?

Because I certainly can't, 15 or so years since I first tried!

24-10-2005, 04:10 PM
that`s winn is very very diffult. :wall:

Sebatianos
24-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Johnno@Oct 21 2005, 11:39 PM
Anyone who can win Street Rod 2 is a *dirty word* champ and I take my hat off to you.
Has anybody ever achieved this feat?

That bloody grey area is a speed bump? Is there ANY way to pass in at full speed?

Because I certainly can't, 15 or so years since I first tried!
As far as I remember you need to slow down to some 60 mph (or 40). No, there is no way to to go over the speed bump at full speed (speedbumps are meant to slow you down).

Kees Drees
30-10-2005, 06:24 PM
When you want money en much of it, than you have to buy a car. Try to sell it at the same price, he give you a lower price, than you offer the same price again, he will give slitly more, you say no and then behind the number 22000, he will always take it.

Good luck with it..

07-11-2005, 02:44 PM
It is extremely hard to drive in this game. :P

Stylus
13-11-2005, 04:29 AM
:angry: Street Rod 2 is not better than Need for Speed Underground. In NFS the cars handle more realistically. NFS has import tuners not ol' muscle cars :wall: . I love muscle cars of course but, if you like import tuners (I like 'em aswell), go play

Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Underground 2
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

BTW: You can dload the Street Rod 3 alpha but... it restarted my computer several times :cry: for some odd reason.

29-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Of course you shoould! :help:

Javaguy
07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
is the guy who keeps saying of course you should in some way connected with street rod 3??

I found street rod 3 but didnt download as I was almost sick when playing the horrible re-make of stunts.

street rod 2 rocks!!
Its a game after my own heart.. gotta love those chevys
im a muscle car fanatic basicly

13-01-2006, 04:34 AM
To beat the aqueduct race you have to go on the sides of the walls when you get close to the speed bump. Go slightly up it to clear the speed bump then all the way back down.

Hercint
21-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I cant pass the grey line on Mulholland, but I can win cars pretty easy.

-Race on the Aqueduct for pink slips
-Count the offshoots (the grey squares on the sides)
--- The first bump is after three offshoots (count two after the oil slick if youre in a manual)
--- The second bump is four offshoots after the pointless walls
--- The third bump is two offshoots after the second pointless walls
- Slow down when you get to the bumps, you must go on the angled wall around them. If you go to fast you may flip and risk not getting back on flat ground in time.

My recommendation for new players is to buy a $400 or so car, give it a V8 big block and an auto trans, keep it two barrel carby until you can afford upgrades. Then go and find a player you can beat easily on the drag race track, but dont beat him. Slow down and stop before you get to the line (do it just after the overhead sign), wait for him to pass you, count to five, and then finish. After an easy victory, theyre more than happy to race for pink slips.

21-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by CI_LS1@Sep 19 2005, 07:08 PM
Figured a good way to get cash early in the game.
How did you figure that out? Months of experimentation? Decrypting the game code?

You heard about a cheat. Don't try and take credit for it, man.

The Fifth Horseman
21-04-2006, 03:45 PM
How did you figure that out? Months of experimentation? Decrypting the game code?
If you have actually read his post carefully, he just describes a strategy - possibly one he could have figured out by himself - to acquire money in the game.
No need for sarcasm, even less for flaming.

Cool Joe
27-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous@Jul 18 2004, 08:49 AM
The aquaduct races are pretty easy. Just start off with a slow car and learn the track.
The Mulholland Drive is, as I see it, literally impossible. At a certain point in the track you come across a grey part of the road. No matter what you do, you crash. The entire road is blocked.
I have spent much much time playing this game... I have had over $200,000 in my account by August... and I can master almost every aspect... but I've never beaten the King on Mulholland. Mulholland is tough. I get all my money by racing cars for pink slips on the Aqueduct race and then selling them. The Mulholland area that turns all grey is easy to get past, you just have to drive under 60mph. The problem is, then you get passed by your opponent and lose the race.

27-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Oct 27 2004, 04:30 PM
Well, I don't remember exactly, but I managed to do it once. You need to go very slowly and run over the "hole" at the exact right place. If I remember well, there is two "squares" over the hole, and your wheels should run over them.
this is incorrect... just pass on the left of the hole, right over the grey area, below 60 mph.

Kalvaer
10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Apr 21 2006, 03:45 PM
If you have actually read his post carefully, he just describes a strategy - possibly one he could have figured out by himself - to acquire money in the game.
No need for sarcasm, even less for flaming.
No kidding, its just like the "cheat" in SR1, Myself and a friend "discovered" that by pure accident as kids, and only because we where trying to sell the car off in pieces to try get more money.

None the less... whats with everyone posting about SR3 over and over.. Now I dont mean posting about it, I mean people posting "You can download SR3 here" when its been posted countless times before, on page 1 first? Do people not know how to read?

Oh and I still cant finish this game either, going to be trying during my bordem time at work to get it right

agent_a
20-05-2006, 06:13 AM
howcome street rod 2 does not work on my laptop? i click into it and it comes up with four screens but they are stuffed up! :ranting:

The Fifth Horseman
24-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Let's see...

It's obvious.

You are trying to run the game under Windows XP, aren't you?

Why don't you try the nice, pretty emulator known as DosBox?

cheesegrater
28-05-2006, 10:12 PM
What makes the car go fast ingame? Fuel Injection or Racing Manifold + 2 Racing Carburators?

hotgreen
30-05-2006, 03:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Willie @ Feb 3 2005, 01:07 PM) 60908</div>
Hey guys...If you search a new game with a good gameplay just like street rod 2...try street legal, it's a game where you can build your car with parts that you buy...and built in yourself..etc..just try it, you'll love it
[/b]
kool i really luv SR1&2, nd i hav heard of street legal... my friend told me it was made by the same plz but with a different objective. kool.
^_^ any even though i'm a grl i think the point of these games was ta intreeg nd stimulate, after a while it's not THAT hard ta beat the king!

hotty_green
13-06-2006, 03:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Arrakis @ Oct 26 2004, 12:54 AM) 19962</div>
Why is mulholland drive impossible ( the gray field ) ?
I can`t pass it and racing the King requiers me to finish mulholland drive.

I would also love a squel with the early 70`s muscle cars
[/b]

some of those 70's muscle car rule... i really luv the 1974 charger.. since my gramps owns one... it would b real kool if this car was in SR :kosta:

e
07-08-2006, 08:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Oct 25 2004, 09:03 PM) 20102</div>
That race is not "impossible", there is a trick. You need to pass the last area (the grey area) just right to be able to go thru.
[/b]

How do you get throught the grey area?

cool rod
02-09-2006, 12:26 PM
:sos: , How TF DO YOU CHANCE GEAR IS THIS FCKNG GAME?? :sos:

win98
02-09-2006, 07:55 PM
You change gear with space bar. Also early n the topic there was a link to street rod three I looked at it and I think they are gonna stop developing it.

bocha
24-09-2006, 08:24 PM
i just can´t win mulholland drive there´s a part where my car always crashes what can I do?

Guest_john_*
27-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Hint: Extra money:
Purchase a car, then sell it at the original price. Refuse the buyer's offer, then offer the same price to them again. Refuse the second offer, then offer a price of $22,001.

Before you buy something, repeatedly press [F1]. Then, buy the item you want. You will then receive $1,000 for each time that [F1] was pressed.
Information in this section was contributed by John M.

Hint: Winning cars:
The best way to win a car, is to go to the Aqueduct and count the gray square tiles on the side (the same ones that wreck your car). When you count six, ride up the wall to avoid the first barrier, then count four. Ride up the wall and back again. Then, count three and repeat. The finish line is right there, and this is a sure way to win anyone's car. If the numbers are not right take some practice runs on it and count for yourself.
Information in this section was contributed by Ryan Macek.

Hint: Avoid losses:
Save the game every night before you go out. If you lose money, your car or crash, you can easily go back to your old game with everything intact.
Information in this section was contributed by Ryan Macek.

Craig Mathisen
04-01-2007, 07:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Oct 26 2004, 10:41 PM) 20467</div>
[/b]

Listen to me very carefully beating this game is "very" possible...like you guys I had an extremely hard time with this game but there is hope.

1. Win 10 aqueduct races for Pink Slips
2. Using this money build a really fast car with a racing trans, and a V8 engine with a huge Block (Fuel Injection or Super Charger)
3. Strip the bumpers, chop the roof, slap some slicks on there and put a 4.xx:1 differential in that badboy.
4. Save the game
5. When it is Wednesday win the Grudge night
6. save game
7. the king wants to race you now, but first
a. put a 2.xx:1 differential in
b. put a three speed tranny in, this helps so you pay attention to the road on muholland dr
c. replace the engline and make everything brand spanking new and finely tuned.
d. your car should have a max speed of 120+
8. Save Game
9. Now you have to Drag Race the King, Win!
10. Now you have to Muholland with him
a. Dont try to beat the king ASap, take your time
b. When you see the wet cement, make sure you are going slower than 50mph, down shift when on the cement, and then shift back into 3rd gear when your off
c. the second patch of wet cement do the same thing as in (b) above
d. Gun your engine through the bridge and pass the king. you should win this race but it may take 25 or more trys to win. Avoid the rocks, avoid the side of the road, don't fall of the mountain, and keep a straight path through the bridge, USE YOUR BRAKE, Its all about beating him at the end of the Race not killing yourself.

11. If you haven't killd yourself then you should be on the Aqueducts...in this race you know what to do...D
a. keep the count of the blocks on the sides
b. first count is 2
c. second count is 4
d. third count is 2 again....blow the king out in this race and you will Win. unfortunately you never get to race with his car..

18-01-2007, 12:07 PM
this is a cheat some my know some might not you can buy a car and make loads of money lets say you buy the 62 plymouth for $390 right after you buy it sell it offer it for $390 twice then on the third offer put a price of $22,001 or 22,222 any more then that and they wont take it but if you do right they will take it everytime hope that helps

PS one thing i am trying to find out how come the king has a supercharger on his ford you cant buy one for a ford why is that

EDIT: WTF ALLCAPS? :butcher:

The Fifth Horseman
18-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Please don't post in ALLCAPS.
That's simply rude and will not make your peculiar grammar, spelling and lack of interpunction any less noticeable.

18-01-2007, 04:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 18 2007, 02:10 PM) 275549</div>
Please don't post in ALLCAPS.
That's simply rude and will not make your peculiar grammar, spelling and lack of interpunction any less noticeable.
[/b]

WTF is wrong with you

hey look i am sorry about the caps i am so sorry that my grammar is not as good as yours and i am also sorry about the interpunction all i was doing was trying to help but i am sorry next time i will check with you before i post to make sure its alright and you are the one being rude about grammar and everything else

The Fifth Horseman
19-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Grammar etc are one thing, and people usually improve theirs over time.

ALLCAPS is equivalent to shouting. How would you feel if everyone was shouting at you instead of talking normally?
Most people just ignore this kind of posts when reading the forum, because they are simply annoying to read.

19-01-2007, 11:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 19 2007, 12:10 PM) 275627</div>
Grammar etc are one thing, and people usually improve theirs over time.

ALLCAPS is equivalent to shouting. How would you feel if everyone was shouting at you instead of talking normally?
Most people just ignore this kind of posts when reading the forum, because they are simply annoying to read.
[/b]

well i have one thing to tell you and that is no i dont like shouting and i know that allcaps was shouting???
and about grammar and evething esle i am kinda new at this typeing thing so why dont you give me a brake!!!!!!!! and i will tell you whats annoying is you so just get off my back!!!

The Fifth Horseman
19-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Calm down, kid.
I'm just doing my job.

19-01-2007, 06:07 PM
well you may be doing your job but the point i was making is the way your doing it i am not telling you how to do your job or anything like that its the way you said some things about grammar and caps etc etc that is what was making it sound very rude that is the one and only thing i am replying for if you had said it some other way i would have just left it alone and said nothing else but the thing i am say is this i didnt get on this web site to start a fight i got on here to find things out about street rod 2 not fight and i also hope that in the future we may even become friends

:ok:

The Fifth Horseman
22-01-2007, 01:06 PM
You're right. Sorry for sounding the way I did.

Mustang Legend
13-04-2007, 04:31 AM
What's up all? After many years of playing this game off and on, I'm finally the new King of the County!

I haven't seen any posts here or anywhere with showing the ending. And I searched hard for tips.

You have to beat the King on all 3 courses, drag, muholland and then the aqueduct. Drag and Aqueduct are cake with practice, Muholland drive is the toughest race by far. I used the 69 Shelby to win. That and the 68 Corvette are equally as fast in my experience.

After that, the same "you did it" text screen from winning street rod one comes up, then it cuts to a highway shot of the sunset. You get out of your car, the King gets out of his, and you get in his car with his girl and speed off, leaving him there standing. It' s just the one scence, but it is animated and good graphics (for the early 90's!).

Please see the screenshots for proof and best of luck in your efforts, just remember Mustangs and American cars rule in games and in real life. :ok:

King 2

17-04-2007, 11:41 PM
i have been looking for a forum like this how do i buy a supercarger for ford? and how do i paint my car with flames?? or just black

live2enjoy
19-04-2007, 04:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 17 2007, 03:41 PM) 287276</div>
i have been looking for a forum like this how do i buy a supercarger for ford? and how do i paint my car with flames?? or just black
[/b]

LOL that's what Hot Rod American Street Drag is for ;-]

I'm not an expert of Street Rod 1 or 2 but I dont think you can put a super-charger in a ford or flames. But then again I never got to the later stages of the game where you can buy a GT350 and race The King.

Guest_nano_*
18-05-2007, 08:00 PM
[size=3]Where I can get the letters to enter the game?

(put page x line x letter x)

:sos: :angry: :sos:

Guest_nano_*
18-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh I forgot
My name is Daniel From Argentina and My mail is
*REMOVED*@hotmail.com

Thanks

-Sorry, No E-mail adressess. TC

_r.u.s.s.
18-05-2007, 08:28 PM
type in nothing :) (how easy it can sometimes be.. just to try)
oh btw, hope that some mod of this forum will erase your mail adress soon cause you will get so much spam

26-05-2007, 04:29 AM
can somebody please tell me how to get this to run in dosbox? clearly im an idiot

Sebatianos
26-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Nah, here's a step by step walkthrough of getting it to run in DOSBox.

1) Install DOSBox.
2) Create a folder on your harddrive with a name DOSGAMES (optional, but makes things easier - and it's best if you place all the games you want to run in DOSBox in this folder).
3) Download the game.
4) Extract the game (to a folder).
5) Name the folder with no more letters then 8 (example - SROD2).
6) Put the SROD2 folder into the DOSGAMES folder.
7) Run DOSBox.
8) Type: MOUNT C: X:\DOSGAMES (press enter - use the letter of the diskdrive you put the DOSGAMES folder instead of X).
9) Type: C: (press enter - now you'll be in the folder with all the DOS games).
10) Type: CD SROD2 (press enter - if you want any other game you put in the DOSGAMES folder type the name of that game's folder instead of SROD2).
11) Run the BAT or EXE file (in this case SR - type the name of the file and press enter).

That's it! You can apply this to any other game, just make sure it's in the folder with no more then 8 letters/numbers in the name.

30-05-2007, 04:49 PM
How on earth do you change the gear ratio in Street ROD II?

11-06-2007, 01:58 AM
buy a differential from the parts section of the newspaper,

go under the car and click the diff to swap it

trikztar
23-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Hmm...I used to play this a lot - not sure if I ever beat the king though. The driving physics are pretty bad, but it's still a great game :)

CrackerJack
04-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Love this game. Love this game. Love this game.

The tips throughout the forum have been good. That speed bump/wet cement part of the mullholland is an absolute killer; even if you pass through it, you lose so much speed you get overtaken and lose.

The rest of the game is all good after enough practice. Go the Mercury Cougar!

Thanks to everyone who has posted about Street Rod 2. This game is one of the all time greats. Keep the posts rocking and rolling.

27-08-2007, 07:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Oct 26 2004, 11:41 PM) 20467</div>
[/b]
to pass the grey area on mulholland just slow down to almost a crawling pace

Hap
25-09-2007, 10:35 PM
You don't have to slow to a crawl. Just be decelerating under 60 right as you pass the gray section. I beat it once. You have to do the PERFECT race, AND be lucky enough to be decelerating just at the right time to pass. I saved my game with with the best possible car with it freshly tuned. I would keep loading the game and racing the King over and over. It took my over 40 times to finally do it. I think the programmers screwed up making this strange part of the road to make it more difficult. No one seems to understand what it is anyway. I figure they beta tested the game and they found it was too easy for them to beat so they put in there an obstacle that you have to hit just right to get past. By the way, it can't be a speed bump because I have gone over it just barely moving and still crashed. Wet cement seems the most probable. Anyway, that is why I prefer Street Rod 1, I think the races are better.

12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I can play only one in-game month, is that normal?

12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
sry, I meant to say from 14th of June till 14th of September

raymanPL
03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi!

This game is not so hard as it seems :) If it`s too hard, just use the cheat I have just discovered:

1)Use Dosbox
2)Slow down the emulation (Below +/- 500 CPU cycles, depending on your hardware)
3)The game will run VERY slowly, but if You use a fast car...at 120mph you will have the feeling as if you were going 80 mph.

Works. I`m about to challenge the King.

P.S. A bunch of hints:
- Base on acceleration (especially on Mullholand races) instead of top-speed (This ain`t SR1). A powercharger* on your V8 engine is the key to succes.
-Not all cars, which are "loaded with extras" will have the same parameters (top speed, acceleration etc.). Cheap junk with the best parts is pretty useless. The best cars are: 1968 Corvette, 1966 Dodge Charger (my favourite). Shelby GT500 is a Ford-type, so you can`t get a powercharger* for it. For me: Useless junk.
-To get across the roadworks (wet cement?) in Mullholand races: just slow down to 50-60 mph and drive through.

Good luck! :)

Please notice: There are no powerchargers for Ford-type cars in this game.

o_unico
06-05-2008, 01:29 AM
I won today my first Mulholland Race withiout cheats or Slow Down the CPU Cylces, If you want i can record my technique for you Learn :)

ttam02.t35.com rACEr
23-12-2008, 09:50 AM
http://sourceforge.net/projects/streetrod3/

ttam02.t35.com rACEr

SR2 is an awesome game! I remember playing this on a 386 at school. I was amazed at all the things you could customize and change on your cars. Plus, you could own many different makes/models.

I wish the creator of SR3 would make it open source. I'm sure there is a college student or two that would be willing to finish what he started.

ttam02.t35.com rACEr
23-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes you can, download my mod here:
http://ttam02.t35.com
rACEr

this is a cheat some my know some might not you can buy a car and make loads of money lets say you buy the 62 plymouth for $390 right after you buy it sell it offer it for $390 twice then on the third offer put a price of $22,001 or 22,222 any more then that and they wont take it but if you do right they will take it everytime hope that helps

PS one thing i am trying to find out how come the king has a supercharger on his ford you cant buy one for a ford why is that

EDIT: WTF ALLCAPS? :butcher:

ttam02.t35.com rACEr
23-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Just use my mod, it skips past the letter-line-page part.
You can download it here:
http://ttam02.t35.com
rACEr

BTW, if you have an Original/Unmodded copy of the game and you
REALLY want to enter the correct letter they are:

ex; First Letter, Line 1, Page 20 = R
1-1-20 = R
1-1-28 = B
1-3-16 = S
1-4-12 = T
1-6-12 = X
1-2-16 = F
1-2-28 = H
1-3-19 = P
2-6-8 = O
2-4-28 = O
2-3-10 = L
3-5-3 = M
3-1-3 = R
3-4-10 = Y
3-4-20 = A
4-2-8 = N
4-1-10 = K
4-1-16 = L
4-1-19 = C
4-2-19 = U
4-4-3 = E
4-5-12 = K
5-3-8 = V
5-3-20 = W

[size=3]Where I can get the letters to enter the game?

(put page x line x letter x)

:sos: :angry: :sos:

o_unico
23-12-2008, 04:33 PM
ttam02.t35.com rACEr
thanks by the link, but theres no sound?

Visitor
30-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I beat this game when I was a kid many many times, I just found this site last night and downloaded it, I will start playing it soon...

I saw alot of people asking if there was another game like this, and Street Rod 3 kept comming up, apparently there was some huge problem with the Development team and most of them quit, The project was dead for a while but never actually given up on, as there has been some activity on the website and I'm pretty sure there starting to make it again...

Another game was an online game from EA, called Motor City Online, which was just like SR2 but WAY better, and also much harder to tune the car right, way more options, anyway after about a 2 year run they shut it down to concentrate there efforts on the SIMS Online, but now there are some people making a replica of it Called Motor World Online, which will be very similar to the original MCO and this game...Not sure when the plan to get the beta out, but you should check it out, and keep an eye out for it..

Kike
04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
wheres the gear ratio at?
To change the gear ratio:
Go under the car
Press "I"
And you will see all the Diferentials you have.

Kike

Kike
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
How on earth do you change the gear ratio in Street ROD II?
Go under the car and press "I". Then you could select one of yours diferentials.

negative_chill
25-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone have any tips on how to not blow out your engine during a race? Because it keeps happening to me often

Eagle of Fire
26-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I have never had my engine blow up... But my tires, yes. In the last area there is some pipes or ditch or whatever running on the ground leaving you with a very small area to use to drive on.

What I did back in the days was to test drive it and learn where to be exactly by saving before the race and reloading every time. The ditches don't move so you can end up finishing a race at top speed without crashing.

negative_chill
27-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I have never had my engine blow up... But my tires, yes. In the last area there is some pipes or ditch or whatever running on the ground leaving you with a very small area to use to drive on.

I thought maybe I just had overtuned it? You know where you can go in and adjust it?

IDK, I know even less about cars than I do about computers

Eagle of Fire
28-05-2013, 04:43 AM
I am afraid I cannot help you here for the same reason. I do remember beating the game without this problem though.

Doink
28-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I thought maybe I just had overtuned it? You know where you can go in and adjust it?

IDK, I know even less about cars than I do about computers

I seem to remember there being a rev counter and a manual gear change in this game for certain cars you can only go flat out in top gear other wise you blow the engine.

negative_chill
28-05-2013, 10:58 PM
I seem to remember there being a rev counter and a manual gear change in this game for certain cars you can only go flat out in top gear other wise you blow the engine.

I think my engine constantly blowing out my have had something to due with it being extremely worn out when I purchased it second hand

08-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Anyone have any tips on how to not blow out your engine during a race? Because it keeps happening to me oftenR
Enable sound - you will hear non-vibrating sound when your engine is about to blow.