PDA

View Full Version : Ufo: Enemy Unknown

ReamusLQ
30-08-2005, 01:28 AM
I can't download it. Whenever I click on the link, nothing happens, and then it goes to a blank screen. Any suggestions?

efthimios
30-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Yes, me too. There seems to be a problem today. There was the same problem earlier.

ReamusLQ
30-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 29 2005, 07:12 PM
Yes, me too. There seems to be a problem today. There was the same problem earlier.
:cry: I don't like problems :-(

Eagle of Fire
30-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Moved since this have absolutly nothing to do with troubleshooting.

Tom Henrik
30-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Works for me... :huh:

Kosta
30-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Me too :blink:

Tulac
30-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Works for me too, it probably has to do with this...
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7271

ReamusLQ
30-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Aug 30 2005, 01:48 PM
Moved since this have absolutly nothing to do with troubleshooting.
How did it not have something to do with troubleshooting? Google defines troubleshooting as "Diagnosing and solving a problem." I was stating the problem (that the download wouldn't work...) and asking for a solution. Isn't that troubleshooting? I think it's more of a troubleshooting comment than a comment on the site...What exactly IS a trouble shooting question then?

Oh, and yes it does work now

Blood-Pigggy
30-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm off topic here, but yes, this should be in the troubleshooting section.
In fact if this was in the site comments section I would remove, comments are as the word says, saying something about something. Not asking a question about something being fixed.

Tulac
30-08-2005, 11:49 PM
The troubleshooting is for games, as in games not working, not being able to download one is site related, and so it is a site comment... (at least I think so)

Tom Henrik
30-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Not to mention the admins look at Site comments and not in Troubleshooting ;)

moogle
31-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Aug 30 2005, 11:54 PM
Not to mention the admins look at Site comments and not in Troubleshooting ;)
Ya, because the admins can actually help here, whereas in trouble shooting, its mainly a bunch of "WTF How I run this Dosbox!?" noobs.

Eagle of Fire
31-08-2005, 02:35 AM
The answer is simple; the Troubleshooting forum is dedicated to helping people running the games you can find on this site. At occasion we also help people from other sites (mainly from HOTU), but the priority is always the game we have here on Abandonia.

If you start a thread about slow downloads or downloads which doesn't work, you are talking about the site and nowhere even relatively close to something which would relate to a trouble you may find in trying to run a game we have on the site. Thus, I move it to the most suitable place I can find on the board, being "Site comments/suggestions", where it belong.

I hope this answer your question(s). :)

ReamusLQ
31-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Aug 30 2005, 07:35 PM
The answer is simple; the Troubleshooting forum is dedicated to helping people running the games you can find on this site. At occasion we also help people from other sites (mainly from HOTU), but the priority is always the game we have here on Abandonia.

If you start a thread about slow downloads or downloads which doesn't work, you are talking about the site and nowhere even relatively close to something which would relate to a trouble you may find in trying to run a game we have on the site. Thus, I move it to the most suitable place I can find on the board, being "Site comments/suggestions", where it belong.

I hope this answer your question(s). :)
I'm satisfied with that