PDA

View Full Version : How And Why Does Someone Or Something Get No Pm'ed

a1s
12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Braindead@Aug 12 2005, 04:26 PM
You're right the group name is kinda wrong chosen, I should've named it otherwise.
The reason why we revoke a right or warn a user is not something we will (ever) discuss in public but we will give you the reasoning after we grant the right back to you so you can avoid it in the future.

I'm tempted to lock this thread now and if somebody else than blastradius posts in this thread I will lock it.

As Tom said, just be calm, it's a matter of days to get it back if you behave.
however you could give us some resons as to why such things can be done.
P.S. as per your wish a new thread is started for this topic.

Blood-Pigggy
12-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm wondering about that too...
The punishment of no PM is very vague and bizarre, like spanking.

ReamusLQ
12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Aug 12 2005, 11:55 AM
I'm wondering about that too...
The punishment of no PM is very vague and bizarre, like spanking.
hehe...I don't think I ever really use PM, unless it's to ask for permission to review...oh, and the times when I've had to commend Titan for his brilliance

Tom Henrik
12-08-2005, 08:13 PM
By using the PM system you are entering the private life of the person you PM. Thus you should be humble, nice and use common sense.

Using the PM systems to exchange warez links, show offensive pictures, give links to offensive material, or being rude and flaming people, WILL make us take away the PM.

ReamusLQ
12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Aug 12 2005, 01:13 PM
By using the PM system you are entering the private life of the person you PM. Thus you should be humble, nice and use common sense.

Using the PM systems to exchange warez links, show offensive pictures, give links to offensive material, or being rude and flaming people, WILL make us take away the PM.
do you have the abilitiy to look at our PMs? For instance, if you get a hint that someone might be exchanging warez links, can you go in and look at all of the PMs of the user?

Braindead
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
my wish was for no further comments on the matter not for a new thread. ;)

do you have the abilitiy to look at our PMs?
Yes, of course we can, PMs are stored in the database just as posts are, but we will never look into PM's on our own iniative as we want to respect people's privacy.

ReamusLQ
12-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Braindead@Aug 12 2005, 01:49 PM
my wish was for no further comments on the matter not for a new thread. ;)

do you have the abilitiy to look at our PMs?
Yes, of course we can, PMs are stored in the database just as posts are, but we will never look into PM's on our own iniative as we want to respect people's privacy.
Ok, just wondering. Not that I have have anything increminating in my PM box or anything. So do you only look in them if you're looking for evidence of abuse?

Braindead
12-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Do I have to state the obvious?
I think the line "we will never look into PM's on our own iniative as we want to respect people's privacy" should be more than explanatory, worded otherwise it sounds as "the only appliance is for confirmation of proof."

Thread locked.