PDA

View Full Version : Asterix & Obelix

Kosta
20-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/72)

Vassiliki
01-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Apparently noone is playing this game right now,or at least noone appears to be having any trouble finishing it. As odd as it may sound, I do!
In act 8 "The Bank", how can I finish the stage? I seem to have trouble opening all the treasure bins, as there are no barrels in some of the floors.
If anyone is out there and kind enough to help me please do!
Thanks!! :help:

Sebatianos
01-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Haven't played it in a while, but as I recall just power up and jump!
I'll look into it and if this doesn't work, I'll tell you what does!

scorch3000
05-11-2004, 10:14 AM
I remember asterix from when i was a young lad, i spent hours reading them books. I read one a few weeks back, when i younger sister brought it home, still good for a laugh. Somone at school said if they were superheros, the romans would call them Fatman and Rotten.

Sebatianos
05-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by scorch3000@Nov 5 2004, 01:14 PM
Somone at school said if they were superheros, the romans would call them Fatman and Rotten.
Nope, I guess they call the dinamic duo Batmanix and Robinix!

Christian IV
23-04-2005, 12:48 AM
:bye:

Valle. In Roma Semper es Lux et Numinex....re Asterix and
Obelix

They are great games, I loved the books years ago, and
thought they were really good insights on the Roman world
from the "people" view, id est exempli gratia the unconqured peoples,
who often had a pretty rough time until they got their own
back on the Romans towards the end of the Empire. Haven't
played the games for a while, will have to check them out again

Pax :king:

or should we say "in pace " :D

Boogiechillone
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Christian IV@Apr 23 2005, 12:48 AM
:bye:

Valle. In Roma Semper es Lux et Numinex....re Asterix and
Obelix

They are great games, I loved the books years ago, and
thought they were really good insights on the Roman world
from the "people" view, id est exempli gratia the unconqured peoples,
who often had a pretty rough time until they got their own
back on the Romans towards the end of the Empire. Haven't
played the games for a while, will have to check them out again

Pax :king:

or should we say "in pace " :D
Incorrect lation word order ;) :

emplemplum gratium est ;)

But's nother Topic:

I loved the Comix for years and still do. they were part of my childhood and also not unimportant for my education :)
i still watch the movies very often and i like it a lot....

"sing" *if asterix ruled the world .... * "sing"

MFG :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :Titan: :help:

Fox
03-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by scorch3000@Nov 5 2004, 11:14 AM
I remember asterix from when i was a young lad, i spent hours reading them books. I read one a few weeks back, when i younger sister brought it home, still good for a laugh.
just read a few of them over the weeks. Look at the pictures they make you laugh a lot. :Brain:

Christian IV
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
:cry: :D
Sorry about the word order in my latin quote earlier.
it has been some 40 years and more since i was able to
read latin fluently, and even more since i remember all the
fine points. isnt it amazing how long roman culture has
lasted, even in such signs as Asterix and Obelisk? the books
are very imaginative and ingenious,
equal to the Tin Tin series as art works.

cheers

valle :ok:

09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
A very nice and funny Jump&Run Game with smooth scrolling and animations.

Gelfo
10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Christian IV@Jun 12 2005, 04:44 PM
equal to the Tin Tin series as art works.

Not quite. Asterix worked when we were kids, but reading them as adults, it just doesn't. Tintin however...

Anyway, there's a new Asterix book coming out? I had no idea they were still being made, wow. Onto the subject of the game.. I can't remember if this was the one I had on the Master System, but if it is, it's fun :D

Sebatianos
10-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Gelfo@Oct 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Not quite. Asterix worked when we were kids, but reading them as adults, it just doesn't. Tintin however...
Are you sure you're already an adoult? I mean Asterix is dealing with some serious issues. Sure the basic plotline is somewhat simple, but it has many great jokes based on the social behaviour... I simply couldn't get half those jokes untill I got to know more of the world, more of the history and more of the human behaviour (it's not as shallow as it seems).

Anyway, back to this game. It's an excelent and really fun game. Just look at the screenshots and you'll know if you played it on your master system or not. the point of this game is to go around the ancient world and collect things (like a rugby ball when you win a rugby game in England...).

Blood-Pigggy
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Oct 10 2005, 02:12 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Oct 10 2005, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Gelfo@Oct 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Are you sure you're already an adoult? I mean Asterix is dealing with some serious issues. Sure the basic plotline is somewhat simple, but it has many great jokes based on the social behaviour... I simply couldn't get half those jokes untill I got to know more of the world, more of the history and more of the human behaviour (it's not as shallow as it seems).

Anyway, back to this game. It's an excelent and really fun game. Just look at the screenshots and you'll know if you played it on your master system or not. the point of this game is to go around the ancient world and collect things (like a rugby ball when you win a rugby game in England...). [/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Gelfo.
Nothing is more hilarious than Captain Haddock (Don't know what they call him in your parts).

Maramil
28-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I remember playing this with my brother when i was small, and it was great fun,
but one thing irritates me: if you play this in multiplayer you have to jump simultaniously because if you jump at the same time the other cant steer his character anymore wich makes him fall down (example: in level 2) and kills him....

but it's still a great game!

:Titan: :Titan: :Titan:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Thornwood
27-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Shame, that. I love the Asterix books, and was curious as to how it would be made into a video game.

Personally, I like them better in French, although I must say that the English translations are really good, especially considering the amount of puns in the original ones. Better than the Tintin ones (honestly, Milou is a much better name for a dog than Snowy, and there's no beating "Mille milliards de mille sabords!" for swearing), although I haven't read that many of those.

Sorry, off-topic rant. Hope I'll get ahold of this game someday.

Hurrah for the Indomitable Gauls!

Pwent
28-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Thornwood@Nov 27 2005, 09:58 PM
Shame, that. I love the Asterix books, and was curious as to how it would be made into a video game.

Personally, I like them better in French, although I must say that the English translations are really good, especially considering the amount of puns in the original ones. Better than the Tintin ones (honestly, Milou is a much better name for a dog than Snowy, and there's no beating "Mille milliards de mille sabords!" for swearing), although I haven't read that many of those.

Sorry, off-topic rant. Hope I'll get ahold of this game someday.

Hurrah for the Indomitable Gauls!
how bout 'Hundreds of blue bilious blistering barnacles!'

Thornwood
28-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Eh, I still think french is more fun to swear in. :bleh: *is a shameless francophile*

DarkMagic
09-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm stuck on the "London" level where you go up the ladders inside a dungeon or smth. I reach the top but there's no exit, I dont know where to go from there, please help

Sebatianos
09-01-2006, 06:32 PM
You need to free all the rugby players from the prison. There's one on each floor. To open the doors you need to hold down the hit button (Asterix will wind up for a punch and Obelix will take a deep breath). When you release the button they'll preform a "superpunch" knocking the door in. But be careful, there are three things behind the doors: the players you need to rescue, gold coins and hoodlems that will attack you. When you free all the players you'll finish the level.

-GaMoR-
13-01-2006, 09:47 AM
HELP ME

Who knos where i can get this game??? I want to play it KNOW (as soon as possible)

HELP ME

SEND ME THE GAME VIA EMAIL: Warez-wanting-rule-breaker@gettingitsoon.NOT

PLZ HELP ME

the Gamer from germany

Max
23-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh man i remember this game. Used to spend ages playing it. Was brilliant fun.

DAMIAN
26-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Kosta@Aug 20 2004, 10:07 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!
ASTERIX IS COOL

Chef Tony
16-04-2006, 06:54 PM
I've got some trouble with the Olympic games levev. How can I run faster? Can anybody help me please? So.. if somebody needs the game ask me :angel:

Sebatianos
16-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't remember exactly what you need to do, but I think it was fast-pressing the forward key (like those sports games where you need to go fast, pressing - left/right).

Oh and just a friendly remark. I hope you were about to tell people that you know where this game can be bought legally, becaus you know of a great second hand store - because we're not supporting illegal distribution (that's also why all e-mails of non registred members get deleted).

thomas
09-05-2006, 10:36 AM
A very nice and funny Jump&Run Game with smooth scrolling and animations. :bye: thanks anyway

thomas
09-05-2006, 11:12 AM
thanks for playing...!!it is famous game

Dillon
12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I used to read Asterix comics when I was 6 (I think I was the only American kid reading that), and at the same time I had a video game called "Garfield: Caught in the Act" and it was very similar to Asterix, now, after finding it, I wish I had both!! LOL! Great game, by the way.

old nintendo zombie
18-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh My God!! now i remember this game!! when you said there were olympics in it!!

:sos: :sos: :sos: WHERE CAN I GET IT :sos: :sos: :sos:

:sos: :sos: :sos: WHERE CAN I GET IT :sos: :sos: :sos:

HELP!!!

Frodo
18-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Old Nintendo Zombie

I'm afraid the game is ESA now, which means you can't download it.

:)

Maramil
08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Very nice game, played it ALOT...

slamdunker23
17-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi guys!

I have a real big problem.
I know that this game is ESA. Is there any possible choice to get this game?
Can someone send it to me? Perhabs per email or ICQ?

It would be really nice if that works!

Slamdunker23

The Fifth Horseman
18-12-2006, 02:19 PM
This game is still protected by the copyright owner.

Therefore we cannot:
1. put it up for download on Abandonia
2. provide you with links to any source of download
3. send you the archive through e-mail
4. send it to you via any messenger programs

So please don't ask for it.

Slamdunker23
18-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Sorry, that I've asked for it.
I only looked for that game in the web and so I found this site, but I think it wasn't a good idea to ask here therefore.
I hope, I will find someone else, who can give me a little bit more information about it.

Thanks for your help!

Bye

siemka
13-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi!

I stuck on pirate's boat. :wallbash: What should I do to go to the next level??

Thanks for all your help! :kosta:

Maddin
02-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi
Can somebody tell me how to play this game on xp?

Thanks

The Fifth Horseman
02-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Use DosBox (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net) to run the game. You can download it here (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1).

Sebatianos
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
And the game does run OK in XP, only without the sound.

13-06-2007, 04:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Apr 2 2007, 09:02 PM) 285980</div>
And the game does run OK in XP, only without the sound.
[/b]
:unsure: "Sorry, this game will not run under Windows NT" ... quoth XP.

The Fifth Horseman
13-06-2007, 05:08 PM
So run it with DOSBox. This guide should get you started (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14913)

Alberto
25-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey! What's up? I just write to ask you for some help. Does anybody know how can I get this game? I have searched it everywhere, but It wasn`t successful. Thanks a lot. I forgot, I'm spanish, but I have no problem if I have to get it out of here.

Mighty Midget
25-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Sorry, your only chance here will be to buy it somewhere. Try e-bay or any other of them online auction sites

heynow
30-06-2007, 04:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chef Tony @ Apr 16 2006, 07:54 PM) 222730</div>
I've got some trouble with the Olympic games levev. How can I run faster? Can anybody help me please? So.. if somebody needs the game ask me :angel:
[/b]

Please, e-mail me that game, please!!!!!!!!! Well, obviously in case u want... :( :unsure: this is my e-mail [BEEEP]@hotmail.com

thanks anyway :)

The Fifth Horseman
02-07-2007, 01:07 PM
This game is still protected by the copyright owner.

Therefore we cannot:
1. put it up for download on Abandonia
2. provide you with links to any source of download
3. send you the archive through e-mail
4. send it to you via any messenger programs

So please don't ask for it.

lfcipollone
14-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi, i´m new in this site, i would like download ASTERIX & OBELIX, but i Can´t.. anyone can HELP me please.... thank´s

fer

The Fifth Horseman
14-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I have explained it in detail in the post just before yours.
Please pay more attention to previous posts in topics you're responding to.

srmeijer
15-07-2008, 11:17 PM
so how do i actually play this game?? i dont see downlod or play button anywhere!

_r.u.s.s.
15-07-2008, 11:27 PM
it cannot, it's protected

nvrmre
15-07-2008, 11:53 PM
This thread in hilarious. I can't believe how many people have asked the exact same question in the span of two pages (when the question was answered about five times in between them). Pure comedy.

Using my natural ability to predict the future, I predict that one of the next two posts will be asking "where can I download this game?"http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/images/icons/icon10.gif

Pellaeon
10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I am sorry to disappoint you, nvrmre, but I'm the next and I don't want to download it, because I already have this game. :D

I'm just writing to help those who want to run this game via dosbox - you'll need an older version. I use the version 0.63 to run some games so I can set the CPU by cycles, and for this game, I usually put it from 12000 to 16000 - and it will run great.

And something about the game, I really liked to play this, and I've often played this one with my brother, using one keyboard to control our characters. And both of our agility were needed to win the olympic games :)

This is one of my favourites, so I hope that this will be available for download soon, as I want those who don't have it to give it a try. Now, I post this message, go back and rate this game 5. I always liked and will like A&O.

The Fifth Horseman
10-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm just writing to help those who want to run this game via dosbox - you'll need an older version. I use the version 0.63 to run some games so I can set the CPU by cycles, and for this game, I usually put it from 12000 to 16000 - and it will run great.
You don't need an older version, just open up dosbox.conf and change the cycles=auto to a set value instead - like cycles=10000 .

Pellaeon
25-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the trick :amused:.
I was only busy with the multiplayer emulation and the midi section of this config file.

R.Kantor
25-08-2008, 07:57 PM
This game is going to be protected by copyright laws until which year? Does Anyone know that?

_r.u.s.s.
25-08-2008, 08:17 PM
it will be always protected by copyright laws, but if you mean when it's going to be abandonware then in 2012

The Fifth Horseman
25-08-2008, 08:19 PM
ESA protection for this game will last until 2011.

EDIT: _r.u.s.s. beat me to it :p

R.Kantor
27-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the information...
It's a pity that i am going to be able to play this game only in 2012...
I still regret losing the cd of this game...

_r.u.s.s.
27-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the information...
It's a pity that i am going to be able to play this game only in 2012...

google's your buddy

Sgt.Feldsau
08-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi, i wanted to download it, but i can`t. There is no downlöoad button...can you help me?

dosraider
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
ESA protection for this game will last until 2011.

EDIT: _r.u.s.s. beat me to it :p
Come back in 2011 or so ..... maybe then there will be a download button on this one.

Sgt.Feldsau
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Damn...can someone send me the game by icq for example. Want to play it...;)

The Fifth Horseman
09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Haven't you read the goddamn rules?

Sgt.Feldsau
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah...forget it!

Philtn
31-01-2009, 09:27 PM
question...maybe stupid, but im a noob

I have dosbox and know the basics now...now I found a version of Asterix
...but it's a *.smc file.. can I use that with DosBox too and if..how ?

thanks

_r.u.s.s.
31-01-2009, 09:37 PM
http://filext.com/file-extension/smc

The Fifth Horseman
01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I have dosbox and know the basics now...now I found a version of Asterix
...but it's a *.smc file.. can I use that with DosBox too and if..how ?
No. SMC is a ROM for a SNES emulator.

iZver
30-04-2009, 11:46 AM
how to download?

dosraider
30-04-2009, 12:11 PM
For now you can't download it. It's a 'NO GO'.
More about this 'NO GO' @ http://www.abandonia.com/en/faq

DanielW
22-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I downloaded this game here, and when I run it with DOSBox it works perfectly, except that the sound effects and music don't work! I also had this with another version of the game, does anyone know what I should do? My computer is pretty new so I guess there's nothing wrong with the soundcard, sound also works with everything else!

Thanks in advance, and thanks for this great game!

zirkoni
22-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Run install.exe -> Set up sound -> Sound Blaster 16 -> A220, IRQ7, DMA1.

danielw
22-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Run install.exe -> Set up sound -> Sound Blaster 16 -> A220, IRQ7, DMA1.

Thank you so much! this game gives me nostalgic feelings haha i wanna be 7 years old again

Ramiro Kantor
13-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I downloaded the game from this site and tried to open it with dosbox. I mounted it on dosbox and after I opened the "install.exe" file,a window saying "unable to open file disk 1" opened up.
How can I fix it and install Asterix & Obelix? My operational system is Windows Vista, has it got anything to do with it?

zirkoni
13-03-2010, 06:25 PM
You don't need to install the game. Just configure the sound correctly (if you want sound) and run obelix.exe.

Ramiro Kantor
13-03-2010, 06:33 PM
You don't need to install the game. Just configure the sound correctly (if you want sound) and run obelix.exe.

Thank you very much for that, it is actually working.

02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
In the third "world" after the "shipping world" there is a level in the mountains and in that level on the right side there is a ladder. my question is: how can i climb the ladder?

i hope you can help me that would be great.

sorry for my bad english.

23-09-2012, 12:33 AM
How am I supposed to win the bullfight in Iberia? has anyone passed through this stage of the game? Please help me.

guest1
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
How am I supposed to win the bullfight in Iberia? has anyone passed through this stage of the game? Please help me.

I played this ages ago, so I don't remember exactly, but it has something to do with pressing down on the forward button (or some other movement button, forgot exactly which one) as quickly as possible and simultaneously move, so that you'll start running really fast kind of like in the Olympics stage. You have to run to the edge of the arena (doesn't matter which one as far as I can remember) where there'll be like a wooden bullpen into/onto which you have to jump and wait for the bull to come. Now I don't remember whether the bull knocks the pen down or whatever, but when he gets there you jump over him and start running again in the opposite direction to the next bullpen. You'll have to repeat that several times, after that I think the bull gets tired or something like that and then it's over.
Hope this helps, sorry it's not very detailed. My friend and I spent literally weeks trying to figure it out, but we were 12 at the time :)