PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Machine, The

Kosta
11-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/25)

AssHead
16-03-2005, 04:27 AM
This is one of my favorite puzzle games of all time. I used to have it when I was younger. I spent hours and hours solving these puzzles. Its such a great concept and its executed flawlessly. Don't even think about it, just download it right now. You won't regret it.

Csquirrel
01-04-2005, 04:34 AM
:ok: Ain't nothin' wrong with it :bye:

Beldar
01-04-2005, 10:29 AM
I remember playing this game when I was a kid. I loved to create my own machine with a lot of cats being shot by cannons, making them fall off the screen, putting dynamite under them, you know, making fun with cats. :D

NrmMyth
01-04-2005, 10:48 PM
The game is great, later try TIM 3 (2 or 3 i think :blink: ).

bojster
11-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Use dosbox. Works fine, I've finished it. Then I've finished The Even More Incredible Machine and now I'm almost dome with TIM2... and I wonder if I'll be able to play TIM3 without Windows... anyone?

Spirrow
03-05-2005, 09:54 PM
One of the Best Games in 1992. A synasty for the Ages u got to love it man .

P.S. If anyone Know Mike.P of James robinson Public School HI

dr_st
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
bojster - TIM3 is exactly like TIM2, only for Windows.

bojster
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
You mean the same levels? Oh joy! I don't have to bother then. ;-)

Orden
08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
This game is awesome. 5/5

05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Is there any way to play this game under XP, without dosbox? I'm trying to play The Even More Incredible Machine (I know there's a seperate review for this game, but people'll probably look here more, and it's almost the same game anyway...), but the graphics are all messed up. When I say messed up, I mean, some objects display correctly, while others are just black outlines (no, not siluettes, just outlines) and some objects are even invisible (like balloons). In fact, the game menu is completely black, so I can't see anything but the puzzle window. I have enabled compatibility mode for this program, and I have it running in 256 colors. Does anyone else have these problems? Do I absolutely HAVE to use dosbox? Thanks for help.

05-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Forgot to mention that I have the windows version of TEMIM. SierraOriginals version. Well, that's what it says on the CD.

06-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmm... it would seem that whatever graphics that use transparency are not drawn correctly and suffer from it looking like just a black outline. I don't know if there's any way to fix this specific problem in XP.

swiss
10-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I love this game and I really wonder if they made "The even more more incredible machines" (= part 3) nowadays if anyone would buy it ?
I fear all the ppl are so terribly fascinated by games like GTA or NFS or HL2 that they don't want to use their brains anymore - they take graphics and brutality instead ...

That's quite sad ... somehow ...

LCP
12-10-2005, 12:52 AM
cool i jst got it and i am well he he getting ever with cats :sniper:

09-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Right Mouse click on the game executable file and on the next tab, chcnage to "Compatability Mode = Windows 2000" and you should be fine.

Maramil
27-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I played this game alot but i also remember a sort-like game with this blue cat with a big red nose and a small yellow mouse. In the game you could use the cat and the mouse when a ball hit them. Does anyone know the name of this game?

buzzboy
22-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I just got myself an old laptop with DOS 6.22. Of course I had to find myself a good dos game. This was the first thing I found. I have been looking around for a while and I was wondering where I could possibly find a manual to download or maybe the controls. I don't know how to play the game and it is causing me anger. All help will be appreaciated.

buzzboy
23-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Another thing I just noticed. The actual game doesn't take up the bottom ~inch~ of my screen and the top of the image repeats itself there. Why is this. Can anyone help. me. please

The Fifth Horseman
23-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Another thing I just noticed. The actual game doesn't take up the bottom ~inch~ of my screen and the top of the image repeats itself there. Why is this. Can anyone help. me. please[/b]
Sounds like it's using 320x200 resolution.
If you were running DosBox, I'd tell you to set aspect=true in dosbox.conf.
As it is... can't help with that.

buzzboy
23-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Na, its running full screen. Actually dos and the game are the only thing on the computer. Though the controlls are really the main problem.

The Fifth Horseman
24-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Try changing the vertical positioning of display in your monitor settings, then.

Can't help with the controls, sorry.

buzzboy
25-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks I will try that. ANybody have the controls.

buzzboy
28-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, I guess nobody knows?

Tempsho
06-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Me and my buddy grew up playing this game when we were younger. Man this brings back memories! I havent played this game in over 10 years. I remember we made it really really far in the game, but couldnt finish it. We got stuck on a certain level (I cant remember which one though). Of course we were like 13 years old back then. So maybe one night we'll have a few drinks and play it again.

Problem though,

I got the game to load fine, except I have no sound. Im using DOSBox, and there is sound for the introduction screen, but when I play the actual game, there is no sound.

Any suggestions?

Tinmar
22-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have a clezr picture of the codes required to start the game??

Thx

13-07-2007, 07:02 AM
codes required to start the game--
Page #
1 fish bowl cat light bulb
2 rocket dynamite gun
3 light bulb fan bowling ball
4 fish bowl light bulb cat
5 pulley bucket light bulb
6 dynamite gun rocket
7 flash light cat light bulb
8 puffer bowling ball light bulb
9 puffer pulley flash light
10 fan cannon jack in the box
11 bucket puffer bowl ing ball
12 bowling ball fish puffer
13 basketball cannon f an
14 jack in the box see saw cat
15 bucket jack in the box fan
16 dynamite gun jack in the box
17 flash light cat cannon
18 puffer bucket flas h light
19 jack in the box cannon fan
20 bowling ball fish rocket

teenheat
23-06-2008, 03:25 AM
awesome game!

The Fifth Horseman
11-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Took an age, but the status of this game has finally been reevaluated.
As it cannot be found for sale and the publisher has left ESA, the game is now considered Abandonware - you can download it again!

ayoeness
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Arrghh. I totally forgot this game ever existed.
its gonna cost me heaps of time, now I've rediscovered it..

Damn.

chuachinsoon@hotmail.com
12-05-2009, 04:38 AM
I scanned the manual. How do I upload it? Anyone I can send the images to?
It's in Winrar. About 1.4 MB.

The Fifth Horseman
12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Register an account on the site so we can PM you with login details to our FTP server.

chuachinsoon
13-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Okay. Registered as chuachinsoon.
Let me know what to do after this.
Ah... The manual is broken up into about 14 jpg files. Some one will have to compile them into a nice small pdf file for me as I don't have a suitable program. Would appreciate that. It's all compressed in a Winrar file at the moment.

mgaby1
25-05-2009, 12:27 AM
i download the game but a window of winzip appears and I canīt play i dont know why can you help me?

dosraider
25-05-2009, 02:47 AM
You'll need to unzip the archive ...
And probably will need dosbox to run it (depends of your system specs).

>A beginner's guide to DosBox< (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?&t=14406) <<click<<

munik
21-06-2010, 02:35 PM
This game is so awesome, as a kid I used to make a lot of machines involving cats jumping over trampolines, it always cracked me up!

deepblue
03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey guys,
I made a nice package of 20 levels I built for TIM 3.

Including:

- 3 "Easy Puzzles"; not many user parts, pretty simple installations
- 12 "Medium Puzzles"; not all the user parts are needed to win, tricky machines
- 5 "Hard Puzzles"; many user parts, extreme complex puzzles

There is always only one possible solution and you never need to use bugs to succeed.

If there are still some crazy people, playing this old game - check it out!
If so, please give me some feedback ;)

Download it here:
http://www.MegaShare.com/2292879

_r.u.s.s.
04-07-2010, 05:05 PM
hey thanks! i will definitely check them out

btw, that megashare's got to be one of the worst file hosting services

Die Fledermaus
20-04-2011, 04:05 AM
I remember playing this game growing up. It is an awesome logic game and makes you think. One of the best games of all time. My siblings and I have fond memories of solving these puzzles.

twillight
22-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I tried this again after all those years when I was just fascinated by cats scarred by cannons :)

The game is good, too bad logic is just one thing, trial and error also needed, not to mention the (occasional) pixelhunt...

Btw, the game is bugged. On lvl31 the goal is supposedly to put all 4 basketball in its place, but I got through by only 3. The game didn't told the code, so I quit, and there it did tell the code:sneaky:

I'm currently on lvl39. I CAN make the cannonball fall into the bucket, I CAN put the cage before the cat by cutting the rope, I CAN scare the cat. The only thing I fail with is, that the cat runs the wrong direction! Any hint? Maybe the cage is supposed to fall ON the cat?

twillight
27-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Anyone knows Bonus 2 based on what?

Bonus 1 is time-dependant, but I'm not sure if Bonus 2 is just for solving the level, or it counts how many parts you use...?