PDA

View Full Version : Problems X.x

warder83
10-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Hiya, i'm sort of new to this and seem to be having problems. I d/led some of the King's Quest Games and Leisure Suit Larry 5, but can't get them to work.

I unzip them but there is no apparent .exe file to use to run the game? All I can see is the install.exe which does nothing =/ Thats my problem for Larry.

For Kings Quest 3 it freezes at the title screen. And if I try dosbox it runs but the graphics are all screwed up?

Any solutions?

xndr2181
11-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Hiya, i'm sort of new to this and seem to be having problems. I d/led some of the King's Quest Games and Leisure Suit Larry 5, but can't get them to work.

I unzip them but there is no apparent .exe file to use to run the game? All I can see is the install.exe which does nothing =/ Thats my problem for Larry.

For Kings Quest 3 it freezes at the title screen. And if I try dosbox it runs but the graphics are all screwed up?

Any solutions?
Hmm, my suggestion is first, try a new game loader, maybe abondon loader, just google it and you'll be able to download it...outside of that, maybe you should try redownloading the games... That's all I can think of offhand,
-Sean

Tom Henrik
11-08-2004, 05:05 AM
Other than that....

The earliest Sierra games used these files to start the game:

Sierra.XXX (Don't remember the ending).
Scidhuv.exe

Try to look for these executables. If not, I would suggest you try to download them again. They worked for me when I placed them on the site, and I used DOSbox for the game-testing. :?