PDA

View Full Version : Downloadin Pirate Movies

omg
16-06-2005, 12:11 AM
LOL just a freindly warning to all you peer to peer nuts.
i downloaded what i thought was revenge of the sith. instead i ended up with 750 odd meg of processor using hell. evry time i opened the DRIVE that had this fake file on it my processor use would shoot up to 100 percent. it wouldent let me delete it as it kept saying "file in use" , wouldent let me format the drive for the same reosen. virus checker said it was clean. i went into task manager and closed evrything that was doing anything (other than explorer) and i still couldent delete it. luckily it didnt start the processor binge untill the drive the file was on was opened so after a restart without opening the drive i was able to format the drive. however this sort of thing is happening more and more. clearly the corperations are fighting back. be carefull folks.

Chuck the plant
16-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, that is what you leechin' bastards get. Can't say I'd feel sorry for you. :angry:

omg
16-06-2005, 12:35 AM
cheers man....
not after pity. just spreading the word.
so you mean to tell me you never downloaded a single mp3 or mpeg, if so then you are
a: lying
b: pretty unique.

Chuck the plant
16-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Didn't say I never did, but I stopped that LONG ago. But yes, in some way I really seem to be "unique" because I don't think I should be able to have everything without being able to afford it. Go figure.

Indignus IV
16-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Nice point Chuck!

omg
16-06-2005, 01:16 AM
chuck do you ever do anything other than log in, diss people, log out? the thing is it is illegal to download movies. abandonware is considered by many to be piracy however. where do you draw the line. so you were downloading mp3's a LONG time ago? does that make you supirior? i think not. you were still doing it.
so indy guess what. you are breaking the law by downloadin *abandonware* (except for when they have permission) so wipe that smug little smile off your face. and i know you frequent underdogs at times, which actually has esa protected games on it.

the fact is EVRYONE i know who has a dsl connection downloads music and movies. however if the networks keep getting flooded with fake files this will probably end pretty soon. ahh well it was fun while it lasted.

Indignus IV
16-06-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm shaking in my little american shoes. :Brain:

Flop
16-06-2005, 02:45 AM
YARRR!!! I be liking those pirate movies matey! :D

Seriously though, if companies are actually putting that kind of files on p2p networks, I think they are bordering on what's legal themselves. Not saying piracy is legal or even all right, but neither is making/sharing sharing viruses.

omg
16-06-2005, 02:49 AM
you have a point. stuff like this has happened a few times to me, not just with movies either. its a standerd thing that software trys to connect to its masters if it is booted when you go online. out of curiosty i let some hacked music software of mine call home and i had to reinstall windows. and woe betide anyone who lets a pirated version of windows *phone home*
i guess there justification would be that they are disabling illegal software and not causing any hardware damage.
LOL and what do you do? go to the police and say that your pirated movie turned out to be a virus and you want to sue the company that put out the dodgy file ....
i think all they would do is LOL and then maybe book you for piracy.

Sebatianos
16-06-2005, 03:21 AM
All this is not that simple actually, as you want to present it OMG. But I don't feel like starting a discusion about this (it always causes bad blood).
BTW - why even download off p2p? There's tones of stuff you can get for very reasonable prices.
But there are some things you can't buy (like abandonware games) - in those cases you've no choice but to get an illegal version.

Evad
16-06-2005, 04:23 AM
I've gone to see that movie three times in the theater. Same thing happened to me. The way I see it, Three tickets and about 60 bucks in food costs affords me one illegal download untill the dvd comes out, which I'm sure to buy. Look like lucas is gettin some revenge of his own.

Tulac
16-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Meh use DC++, if someone shares a fake there, he gets kicked from the hub...

Reup
16-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by omg@Jun 16 2005, 02:16 AM
the fact is EVRYONE i know who has a dsl connection downloads music and movies.
I download music form legal sources only. I stopped messing the the whole P2P muck long ago. If I need software, movies or music I'll buy it. And no, I don't have a top-salary, just a very strong conscience. Besides, you can rent movies in the video-store, cd's at the library etc. why wast time and bandwidth with mp3, warez, moviez...
I am aware that "abandonware" is verging on piracy. The integrity with which this site is run however (if anyone complains the software is taken down right away) makes it more or less okay imho.

vipin
16-06-2005, 09:34 AM
I guess its just a waste of time keeping downloading warez stuff. Accepting it, I used to download the serials and cracks to get my commercial software run. But everytime I did that I got infected with trojan horses even with XP SP2 and Norton Installed. But then I tried to look around on the internet and found that there are so many freeware utilities available that can be used as the alternative, for example Daemon Tools in place of Virtual Drive and CD-Anywhere. It was because of Daemon Tools that I stopped using those warez stuff. They are all very bad, I am never going to use them again.
Plus, the best way to find some free stuff is to post about what you need on a forum.
Also, there's no need ever to use them. Every company offers some trial or evaluation versions. Download them, and they work very fine.
As far as MP3's are concerned, I know few sites which offer free songs but I guess its all illegal. you guys can check at := http://www.free-albums.net. I wonder why there is no such rule on internet which can stop piracy. Many websites offer full movies downloads and so much.

Chuck the plant
16-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice "reply", omg, but you know how stupid it is yourself.

I'll give you a short explanation non the less:

p2p - downloading movies/music/books etc. that are LEGALLY AVAILABLE all the time and thereby causing financial damage to the respective owners, distributors and so on (I know, I know, now you'll give me that "those bad & greedy companies that don't want to make their stuff cheaper, boo-hoo-hoo"-rant, but here's a newsbreak for you: Those companies/their employees make their living like everyone else - by earning money, in this case by making & selling movies, music etc.. Do YOU earn money? If so, you should easily understand).

abandonware - you're getting stuff that's NOT available anymore, thereby NOT causing any financial damage to anyone.

And yes, I DO believe my position on that topic is superior, because I admitted that it is wrong and changed my ways. So I know what I'm talking about.

vipin
16-06-2005, 11:20 AM
It appears to me as some serious fight is going between omg and ChucktheDuck. Cool down guys! No need to fight. You cannot stop warez! :whistle:

Caged
16-06-2005, 11:31 AM
seems some people are getting ready to :butcher: some others.

Maybe we will see chuck go :Titan: on OMG... LOL

The Niles
16-06-2005, 01:03 PM
closed for having become useless and threatening to degrade into a flame pit.