PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Files

Triton
15-06-2005, 06:40 PM
I've posted here since Abandonia Reloaded's forum doesn't get too much traffic.

I finished downloading Vega Strike this morning after 12 hours, and the installer will not run because it is either corrupt or incomplete. I used FlashGet with Free Download Manager, and it reports that the download was successful. I have looked through the Vega Strike website and Wiki, and this problem isn't listed in the FAQs.

Is there a way to repair the installer, or will I have to risk another 12 hour download session for the possible chance of getting a working installer?

Tulac
15-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Were you pausing between downloads? I did that with Starsiege:Tribes and since the server doesn't support pausing, download manager continued downloading, but probably wrong parts of the file therefore resulting in file being corrupt...(and yes this is the topic for AR, people who would know how to solve this issue are there too)

Triton
15-06-2005, 06:50 PM
So then I can't download anything that takes longer than 10 minutes to download now? My Internet connection is unreliable, and many times overnight it disconnected itself; the download manager reconnected each time and kept going.

Tulac
15-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Maybe, maybe something else is a problem, I know my download manager warned me that the server doesn't support partial downloads, I ignored it though because I thought everything is fine since the download kept going...

Triton
15-06-2005, 06:59 PM
I never got any warnings about partial downloads. It seemed like it supported downloads via mirrors (Vega Strike had to be downloaded from one), because there was a section in the settings screen about mirror options.

BeefontheBone
15-06-2005, 08:04 PM
It happens sometimes; maybe try a different server for it or try and get a more stable inet connection. I don't know of anything to correct corrupt files.