PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Babies

Tom Henrik
29-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/164)

Stroggy
29-07-2004, 09:10 PM
what the hell did you upload this time you crazy norwegian?!
I hope you get sunburn!

FreeFreddy
29-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Why, this game is funny :lol: Reminds me of that old LCD Nintendo hand-games... :D Like Miky Mouse...

Havell
29-07-2004, 09:18 PM
This is a shockingly poor game :) .

Maikel
29-07-2004, 09:36 PM
If the editor himself gives it 3 stars it's unworthy, but yes it's a classic :)

Seraphim13
30-07-2004, 03:57 AM
Clone of a game n watch game? Now let's top that with an upload of Pong.

Tom Henrik
30-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Clone of a game n watch game? Now let's top that with an upload of Pong.

Umm.... we have Pong :wink:

Anyways. THIS game was added on the sole purpose of filling the old server. Thanks to this game we had used 499 973 bytes of our 500 000 bytes server :)

But still. The game is a classic and it is fun. Besides it is so small that it won't steal any of the space on the new server :wink:

Omuletzu
30-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Ermmm... what's with this game? Is our quality assurance guy sleeping? I mean if you are running out of games, just stop the uploading, and when |Kosta comes the rest of us will contribute with (real) games :wink:

Don't get me wrong, i respect your hard work, and your struggle to get games, but this game is kids stuff!

Stroggy
30-07-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah
and the Deus Ex 2 Engine it uses to render the T&L is SERIOUSLY outdated!

Maikel
30-07-2004, 12:09 PM
I thought it was the doom 3 engine...
but seriously, check the date it was made, at that time it would be pretty cool.

Stroggy
30-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I thought it was the doom 3 engine... *
but seriously, check the date it was made, at that time it would be pretty cool.
At that time Hitler was cool aswell.
well it isn't that old... so let me rephrase:
at that time disco was cool

Maikel
30-07-2004, 02:51 PM
so? 8)

Tom Henrik
30-07-2004, 03:56 PM
We are not running out of games. That game was added to the site over 2 weeks ago :P But since it was a sunny day here in Trondheim, I would rather update that one than doing a bigger game.

You see, I make everything on the day of the actual update! Bouncing Babies (which were already on the site) took me 10 minutes to finish, while a bigger game would have taken me half the day! And since I am working every day as well (from 08.00 - 16.00) that would have meant that I would have lost a nice day. 8)

Sorry, but I do have a life outside Abandonia :wink:

Oh and I just checked. The game have been downloaded 25 times already, and that is pretty good for a new game :twisted: So someone out there like it!

Besides. This site is dedicated to OLD DOS GAMES and this game fits the bill nicely. With our new server, we have the possibility of throwing up these really small games. Games that are still fun to play. Remember that these games are the ones people were recently playing on their mobile phones.

Stroggy
30-07-2004, 04:34 PM
how true, if I wanted to play those games I'd buy a cellphone (atleast then it would have more colour)

Look i'm not someone who looks at graphics, I can have a perfect time playing the original C&C, but bouncing babies is... well... its the kind of game you find on any other abandonware site

Omuletzu
30-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Sorry, but I do have a life outside Abandonia *:wink:
Well i don't want to be bearer of ill news but working is not a life, it's slavery :wink:.No i'm just kiding... i understand your situation... it's just that i'm afraid we're begining to lose that quality-assurance that brought us to the top :roll:
Oh and I just checked. The game have been downloaded 25 times already, and that is pretty good for a new game *:twisted: *So someone out there like it!
Yeah i bet youngsters are having a ball with it :)

Besides. This site is dedicated to OLD DOS GAMES and this game fits the bill nicely.
Yes but this doesn't mean we upload every single game.We have to have only quality and this is where this game doesn't "fit the bill" :roll:

Tom Henrik
30-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Bah!

Bouncing Babies is my classic! Just as Alley Cat is Kosta's! IT STAYS! :twisted:

Omuletzu
30-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I didn't say i want it gone.I have no authority to ask that.I'm just saying we have to pick our games carefully now that we are somewhat famous :wink:

Tom Henrik
30-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Bouncing Babies is the last in this aspect.

Darkstar
30-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I would think you would want to have all the old DOS games available that you could get your hands on. Would you rather have just some games that one person considers quality or be known for having every old DOS game a person could want?

Tom Henrik
30-07-2004, 08:48 PM
For me I would go for the latter, but we will of course start with the best. :D

Darkstar
30-07-2004, 08:52 PM
See and I agree with you. Of course it was obvious my post had a slant hehe. You guys have a good selection here and have taken the time to write up thoughts on the games and add whatever is needed to play as well as offering a forum for support and general interaction. There is enough here to make me want to do more than just download and forget the site and offering anything anyone could desire as far as old DOS went would only make it better.

Omuletzu
30-07-2004, 10:34 PM
I would think you would want to have all the old DOS games available that you could get your hands on. Would you rather have just some games that one person considers quality or be known for having every old DOS game a person could want?
This site grew because of it's high quality games, and it's supporting forum members.It would be verry sad if we began uploading all matter of dos games.We have to make a selection.And that selection is made on the criteria of quality.

Darkstar
31-07-2004, 12:12 AM
We have a opposing views and that's cool, but basically I'm looking at the variety of tastes there are in this world. People are all different so what's quality to one person isn't to another. People are strange and fickle. That's where I'm coming from on it. So offer all you can and the people will keep coming. Just because there are some games some people won't consider to be quality on the site doesn't mean they won't come. That's like saying people won't watch ABC or NBC because they show a bad show or two. People watch they shows they like and skip the rest. It's the same with game downloading. You know what I mean?

Titan
31-07-2004, 03:30 AM
What does this have to do with Bouncing Babies?

:ot:

GET BACK ON TRACK!

Darkstar
31-07-2004, 05:09 AM
sorry for replying to what was on here, won't happen again.

Jumjalum
17-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Damn! This game is a lot harder than I remember it.

Nuron_V
12-12-2004, 02:01 PM
I remember playing this when i was little...I never thought it was called bouncing babies

Locster
11-01-2005, 10:06 PM
I simply cannot believe the variety on this site. I actually remember this game on my hard drive when I was little. How it got there, I have NO idea. Thanks for the memories!

Turin
12-01-2005, 06:28 AM
i just wanted to say that when i came across bouncing babies i was utterly shocked. i actually OWNED that game - got it from one of those "send away sharware" places looong ago... i never thought i'd see that again. thanks for bringing back the good ole days! :P (and just curious - can anyone actually get it to run? i mean, i had what, a 286 back in those days? :P

Now if someone would just find a copy of JumpJoe2 (my fav game from those days :)

-turin

kryptonight
13-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I have been looking for this game off and on for awhile now. It was one of those games that I invested many hours on when i was 8.
a true classic for a 386!!

Reup
13-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow! This is funny :) Killed a lot of babies though.. damn it gets hard pretty soon... maybe if I reduced the cycles a bit in DOSBox...

But the big question is... why are these babies so bouncy? It it their chubbiness, their diet? Couldn't the fire brigade use a less trampoline-like catching device?

Anyway... fun with CGA and brleep-brleep-brrrleeep

Intellivison
23-01-2005, 05:06 AM
I remember something like this in one of the Earthworm Jim games on the Saturn, but it involved puppies and giant marshmallows. Really the only thing I remember clearly about it was it was the controller-busting frustration that mini-game caused. :wall:

bouncingbaby
02-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Stroggy@Jul 30 2004, 03:34 PM
how true, if I wanted to play those games I'd buy a cellphone (atleast then it would have more colour)

Look i'm not someone who looks at graphics, I can have a perfect time playing the original C&C, but bouncing babies is... well... its the kind of game you find on any other abandonware site
If you consider "the original C&C" old, then A) you're too young to be making judgements, but more importantly, B) Bouncing Babies is over twice as old as C&C is. So at the time C&C came out, when it was brand new, BB was already older than C&C is now.

(yes, I realize that post was made half a year ago, but I needed to say that.)

In any case, I remember having this game randomly on my HD too.

Sangko
05-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I remember this game and I played it on my PC which didn't even have a hard disk. This is one of the first games I played and I used to play it with so much gusto. I never thought I'd see it again and...well, it brought back so many memories...
It may not be a good game to most but it will always have a place in my heart.

L
24-02-2005, 12:33 AM
This game belongs in arcade

Rob
30-03-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Intellivison@Jan 23 2005, 05:06 AM
I remember something like this in one of the Earthworm Jim games on the Saturn, but it involved puppies and giant marshmallows. Really the only thing I remember clearly about it was it was the controller-busting frustration that mini-game caused. :wall:
Earthworm Jim 2
The "Puppy Love" levels were based on this.

04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
:tai: :wallbash: :wallbash:
PEOPLE, ITSCALLED burning babies!!!

24-06-2007, 03:13 PM
ee, i thought the game`s about "bouncing" "babies" ,greetings for all game fans from poland

Jhafero
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
First off: "quality" is so loosely defined, it rivals the word "love."

Secondly: I know this response is to a post in 2004, but I am very serious when it comes to DOS.

Thirdly: I've only known it as BOUNCING babies. However, I understand that there are various clones of DOS games, so there could in fact be a version called Burning Babies.

Fourthly: We bought this game for our thrown-together-hodge-podge PC my dad built back in 1982, from recycled PCs from his work place. That hard drive crashed in early 1991, and my older sisters and I were crushed. But thanks to Abandonia, I've been going download-crazy trying to rebuild the archive we had that lasted 4 years before I was born. It's incredible. This place never ceases to amaze me.

Tunnan
23-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I have been looking for this game off and on for awhile now. It was one of those games that I invested many hours on when i was 8.
a true classic for a 386!!
Yeeees :thumbs:
A true classic
http://www.jazzviolin.com/china/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/baby.jpg

DARKGuy
26-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Maaaaaaaan what memories! I used to play this back when I was like 7-8 lol, it always made me laugh and indeed, it became crazy after level 3.

Downloading ^^!

A12Alex
04-05-2009, 05:42 AM
This game isn't that fun, and the music is annoying.. but it's very Addictive(I keep coming back to, try and beat my last score lol).

weylin
04-05-2009, 09:36 AM
what in the hell? :hysterical:

punkassbitch
10-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't Know if my post made it...had browser problems. But I said his game would be great remake or commercial title. Maybe if babies had full and empty diapers! The Full ones would just land on ground and cry til picked up!:thumbs:

80 Million Fleas
19-12-2009, 04:33 AM
Hole-Lee Crap! ANOTHER childhood memory?!

What's next, that Donald Duck game where you had to build a playground for your nephews?

The Fifth Horseman
19-12-2009, 11:30 PM
We* might have that one too, I think.

* We: Abandonia