PDA

View Full Version : Why Does It Say "z" Drive In Dosbox?

McFlyGuy
24-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I've so far followed all of the tutorial instructions for installing DosBox on Abandonia. I've gotten past the Dosbox.conf where you type the extra test commands at the bottom, but then I go into the Dosbox program and it still comes up with the directory reading "Z" drive when it is supposed to be "C". It won't let me type any commands while the directory says "Z", will someone please help me out here. Thanks!!

BeefontheBone
24-05-2005, 11:24 PM
try typing "c:" to go to it, but you might need to mount something as a drive first - f'rinstance my config file says at the bottom:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\dosprogs
mount d e:\
c:
cls
dir /w

Which mounts my folder C:\DOSProgs as the C drive in the emulator, and my cd rom drive as e, then switches to what it now thinks is c, clears the screen and lists the contents of the folder since i never remember what's there

The Fifth Horseman
25-05-2005, 11:04 AM
and my cd rom drive as e
Nope. CD-Rom drives need extra parameters to work properly.

Argith Nuei
05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by McFlyGuy@May 24 2005, 11:19 PM
I've so far followed all of the tutorial instructions for installing DosBox on Abandonia. I've gotten past the Dosbox.conf where you type the extra test commands at the bottom, but then I go into the Dosbox program and it still comes up with the directory reading "Z" drive when it is supposed to be "C". It won't let me type any commands while the directory says "Z", will someone please help me out here. Thanks!!
:w00t: Hey there! There should be a config file for dosbox that you need to... configure. :blink: Anyhow. Open the config and go to the bottom where there should be a (autoexec) line.
Under it you should type in (Mount C: C:\(Directory of your wish)
After doing this you should be able to get to your specified location (C:\directory)
when typing c: on the dosbox. :ok:

kOS
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Argith Nuei: read what other people wrote! BeefontheBone solved this problem already. :bye: