PDA

View Full Version : Reviews From Magazines?

marko river
19-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, well, it seems that everybody study hard, no activities on the forum. Well, i guess that's just May.

I have a serious Q (don't know was this discussed before): I noticed on HOTU that sometimes they just say they took review from magazine or somewhere else and then retype entire review. Can we do that or our policy is strict that we use only ours????

This has nothing to do with the idea of new section "magazine articles".

Tom Henrik
19-05-2005, 05:12 PM
No copying reviews.

Reup
19-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Wasn't Wendymaree on to something like this quite a while back? I think she even had had contact with a few publishers of old magazines?

Tom Henrik
19-05-2005, 05:51 PM
That was articles relating our site, if I'm not mistaken.

Reup
19-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Mmm... did a large search:

http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?s...opic=1731&st=30 (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1731&st=30)

she did contact some aussi mags. But after re-reading Marko's post in which he states that this post has nothing to do with the magazine articles :D So.. nevermind :wall:

Mmm... copying game reviews seems like a bad idea. We really should try to be better then HOTU in this sense. Only original stuff. Otherwise we wouldn't have to go through all the trouble with the screenshots (we could just copy them from MobyGames or something). It takes a bit longer, but the results are way better and are in fact what seperates Abandonia from the mass of other abw-sites around! :ok:

PS. How IS it going with the article thingy ???

efthimios
19-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Plus it is illegal I think. :blink:

BeefontheBone
19-05-2005, 08:42 PM
so's hosting the games. i doubt anyone would mind if they were credited, but it's redundant anyway since we do our own :D

Tom Henrik
19-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Copying reviews is the easy and lazy way, not what we want.

Tulac
19-05-2005, 10:50 PM
How about posting scans of archives from old PC magazines, ofcourse with their approval, I always asked myself where to find that stuff...

Titan
21-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Tulac@May 19 2005, 11:50 PM
How about posting scans of archives from old PC magazines, ofcourse with their approval, I always asked myself where to find that stuff...
We could have that as an "extra", if you get WRITTEN permission with terms of use from the author/company/magazine..

That idea i'm all in for.

marko river
24-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Titan@May 21 2005, 03:13 AM
We could have that as an "extra", if you get WRITTEN permission with terms of use from the author/company/magazine..

That idea i'm all in for.

Actually, that was my idea for new section with magazine articles about old games and such.

This topic is just for game reviewing. Well, I'm satisfied with negative answer :)