PDA

View Full Version : Game Music

dr_st
29-04-2005, 06:31 AM
I see that Abandonia.com has a pretty nice archive of music from old games. I could contribute more to this archive, if somebody wants me to.

I have music from the following games:

Descent 1+2 - full soundtrack in MIDI format + a few selected songs ripped into MP3 when played through CubicPlayer
DOOM+DOOM2 - full soundtrack in MP2 format (downloaded from Doomworld)
DOOM 2D - a few selected songs in MP3 format - ripped from the game
Duke Nukem 3D - full soundtrack in MIDI format + a few selected songs ripped into MP3 when played through CubicPlayer
Golden Axe 1+2 (MP3 - ripped from the Genesis version played through the Gens emulator)
Jazz Jackrabbit - music from all levels in S3M format (like MOD) + some selected songs ripped into MP3 when played through Cubic Player
Need For Speed II SE - full soundtrack - MP3 (downloaded from the ED2K network)
Prince of Persia - The Sands Of Time - full soundtrack in MP3 format (downloaded from the ED2K network)
Rayman 3 - quite a few songs in MP3 format - ripped from the game
Terminal Velocity - full soundtrack in MOD format

For all of these games I can rip more MP3s. Currently I'm thinking about ripping more MP3s of Jazz and DOOM2D, not sure about the others.

Of course, the MP3s make this archive quite big, because I'm encoding at the standard rate of 128kbps and most of the downloaded songs are at 128 or 192.

Would Abandonia.com be interested in all or part of it? If so - how can I upload?

Notice that I have seen the "Upload procedure" topic, but that dealed with games, not with music.

The Fifth Horseman
29-04-2005, 09:13 AM
No matter if its games, reviews or game music, the upload procedure is all the same.

dr_st
29-04-2005, 01:03 PM
I see. Well, anyways, I'll write a PM to Kosta, as Romano suggested, and if he's interested, he'll give me more detailed instructions.

The Fifth Horseman
29-04-2005, 02:11 PM
BTW, do you know a reliable S3M / STM player for Windows or a working Winamp plugin for them?

I have a DOS-based player that supports these formats (and it works in DosBox too), but Winamps freaks out whenever I try to use its internal plugin for them.

dr_st
29-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I use Winamp 5 and its internal plugin works fine.

The Fifth Horseman
29-04-2005, 04:10 PM
(smacks myself on the head)
Right. I forgot that there are any versions after 2.91 :tomato:

dr_st
29-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I also have Winamp 2.91 on my old PC and it works fine...

WolverineDK
29-04-2005, 08:14 PM
hmmmm MODPLUG is the best mod player for mods and winamp is not always great playing mods in.

DeathDude
29-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Yup modplug is a good player, use it to listen to Deus Ex and Unreal Tourament tracks. :ok:

WolverineDK
30-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DeathDude@Apr 29 2005, 11:42 PM
Yup modplug is a good player, use it to listen to Deus Ex and Unreal Tourament tracks. :ok:
yeah and old demo files (mods s3m etc.) and those who lkes to track old game tunes on the trackers :) and etc.

dr_st
07-05-2005, 07:05 PM
ModPlug is very good indeed. It's advantage over WinAmp is the ability to loop modules infinitely, without pauses, as they were meant to be played.

I only wish it had a better user interface (like WinAmp's ZXCVB, L to open etc.) and that it gave me the option to turn certain channels/modules on/off, like Cubic Player does.

Maybe there are plugins that would enable such features?