PDA

View Full Version : Help Running Frogger

novo
11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry if I simply overlooked the answer, I've searched a bit for a solution but nothing seems to line up with what I'm seeing (or I'm just dumb and don't know what i'm looking for).

I got frogger from https://www.myabandonware.com/game/frogger-9zn

Being a windows game I'm not sure if i need additional software to run this? The files from the zip are all encrypted, does that have anything to do with me being unable to run? When I click the application, nothing happens. I'm running Windows 7, so i get it might be a compatibility issue.

zirkoni
13-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Well, I didn't actually run the game so I'm only guessing here.

There's a registry file (FROGGER.REG) that probably needs to be merged. The file setup.bat actually seems to do that:
regedit.exe frogger.reg

There's also a file glide2x.dll which seems to be from some Glide wrapper. Maybe the game runs in Glide graphics mode and you need to install a Glide wrapper?

The file readme.txt says the game supports DirectX 5 and Glide 2 and you can select between them by running VideoSetup.exe.

The files from the zip are all encrypted
I have no idea what you mean by this, after extracting the zip-archive the files look completely normal to me.

Smiling Spectre
17-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Can it be that you didn't unpack archive? Did it, in the new folder, and start the game from there.