PDA

View Full Version : Heist

TheSmyth
22-04-2005, 12:59 PM
:cry: I bought HEIST a couple of weeks ago and no matter what I do I can't get it to run on my system.

It installs fine, but once i run it it won't let me click any of it's option buttons to start it. The intro video plays, and the buttons highlight (little man starts to run) but they don't respond. I have to Alt-Tab to get out of it.

I've e-mailed technical support at "Sold-Out" because the company (virgin interactive, I think) no longer exists. They tried to be helpful but all they could say in the end was it was a dodgy disc. They asked me to send it back, but it would have cost me almost as much to post it than to re-buy it, so i bought another copy ?2. But same problem.

I've googled the problem, and found others have experienced it, but no-one ever seemed able to find a solution.

PC Spec:
Celeron 2.8Ghz
Nvidia GeforceFX 5200
512MB RAM
Windows XP Pro (Note: tried installing this on both HOME and PRO versions)

Any suggestions?

After all this the game will probably turn out to be total rubbish anyway :eeeeeh:

MdaG
22-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Are you running any other applications at the same time? Try disabling firewall, internet connections etc. and run it off a minimal system.

TheSmyth
23-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks, but I've already tried all of them. I'm pretty well experienced when it comes to getting games to run some way or another.

But this one has me stumped!
:blink:

I was just hoping someone else had had the same problem and managed to figure it out.