PDA

View Full Version : Heimdall 2 - Into the Hall of Worlds

Kosta
11-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/148)

Danny252
11-07-2004, 04:40 PM
looks cool...
but I am still killing my connection.. what a speed...

cosmogreen32
11-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey, great review! Maybe the best I've seen here. Really made me download the game I never heard about before, and that's what counts, right? Keep up the good work :D

UberDave
17-11-2004, 02:18 AM
I can't beleive that this one is ten years old already! Another great classic.

This ran fine for me in Win98 without using DosBox, give this one a try :Titan:

dragon_king
05-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Hey i have an original copy of this game and have played it many times it truly is one great game how ever i've never finished it i have gotten into lokie's domain and gotten to some snake chick sitting in a chair wif a small moat of lava around her then in the next room there are all this dragon head statues and pentagrams on the floor and i have never been able to figure out what do there any help plz...?

xoopx
05-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by dragon_king@Jan 6 2005, 12:13 AM
Hey i have an original copy of this game and have played it many times it truly is one great game how ever i've never finished it i have gotten into lokie's domain and gotten to some snake chick sitting in a chair wif a small moat of lava around her then in the next room there are all this dragon head statues and pentagrams on the floor and i have never been able to figure out what do there any help plz...?
SPOILER ALERT

if its a lava statue and an ice statue, you have to just use an bit of ice (or water i forget) from something (i forget what maybe the ice statue) on the lava statue. i was stuck there for weeks.

dragon_king
07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
No thats in the Giant Factory or what ever it is in the second world
This place in past the hall of the gods much futher on in the game its in lokie's world

Zxby
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Can someone write a walkthrough? Thanks,

Zxby

dragon_king
09-01-2005, 02:27 AM
i could start one how ever until i finish the game it will be extrememly incomplete

31-01-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't get this game...what are the keys you use? theres no options menu? you can't stop your character from moving? grr

Krigsoffer
06-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Krigsoffer
The reply claims that you have the option to choose norse language when playing. That is not the case however. It's just some easter egg of some sort...
Wait a minute... That didn't make any sence what so ever...
I meant: The REVIEW claims that you have the option to choose norse language when playing. You can't! It's an easter egg

hi
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
i couldnt play this!!!!! it seemed so good to!!!!!! :cry: :sniper: :cry: :cry:

Parkingtigers
06-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I have bad memories of this game. Don't get me wrong, for its time it was graphically beautiful and all that, but it was just so damn short! I finished the game in a day.

Alright, I guess my bitterness was really for the idiot computer gamer reviewer who raved about how great it was, but who also promised that it would deliver months (I kid you not) of entertainment. I was unemployed at the time, living in a new town where I had no friends. Paying full price for a computer game was a big deal, and adventure games just don't play through a second time too well. Not the very, very short ones though.

I'll have another look at this game now, perhaps nostalgia will ease the memory. 10 years ago though, I was one hacked off punter who had just wasted a load of money on a very shortlived gaming experience. Not good.

26-03-2005, 01:07 PM
i couldnt play this game either!!!i dont get it all...cant even get past the first screen!!!...someone help me cuz i reely wanna play it!!!

Mighty_quinn
27-03-2005, 11:47 AM
I love this game but I cant get the guy to stop walking. Whenever I press a direction he automatically keeps going until he hits a wall or something. It's pretty annoying. Did anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix it? If someone can help me I promise to write a walkthrough as I did complete this game many a year ago on the Amiga

the_norm
10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Mighty_quinn@Mar 27 2005, 11:47 AM
I love this game but I cant get the guy to stop walking. Whenever I press a direction he automatically keeps going until he hits a wall or something. It's pretty annoying. Did anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix it?
I have the same problem too and I can't solve it... I would really appreciate if somebody would help ... I missed this game on Amiga and would very much like to play.

Guest_mike
12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
any chance of heimdall 1??

Walkthrough
24-05-2005, 06:09 PM
http://avault.com/cheats/getcheat.asp?game=heimdal2

NightOwwl
26-06-2005, 05:36 AM
Please...can anyone help with the controls? How do you get the character to stop moving?

axm
08-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Press the button for the direction you are moving again.

Rob
16-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Guest_mike@May 12 2005, 01:52 PM
any chance of heimdall 1??
I used to have a dodgy 5 disk copy of heimdall 1 on the atari st, the style was similar but less smooth and you picked a crew of 5 people to accompany Heimdall, unfortunately my disk 4 didn't work so I never could finish the game.

tsssch
15-08-2005, 12:25 AM
keys I've found so far are:

A - attack (melee weapons)
D - defend (raise shield)
SPACE - attack (ranged weapons)
ENTER - use

(perhaps there are more)

btw, character controlling system is really lousy...

Guest_FRed
29-10-2005, 06:51 PM
This is like the greatest classic ever! Ive got it on the amiga, but i luved it so much i bought 2 copies!

Oh yeah can sumone help me im stuck at the beginning of the second world with the fort gate thingy an i dunt know what to do

HHEELLPP!

hurrah
24-12-2005, 06:39 AM
i found a walkthrough: http://www.gamexperts.com/index.php?cheat_id=3180

i remember playing this game like 10 years ago :D, hehe yeah and for that question about the snake woman theres a secret dorway at the topright of the room (dey are annoying to find sometimes eh?).

30-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Parkingtigers@Mar 7 2005, 12:53 AM
I have bad memories of this game. Don't get me wrong, for its time it was graphically beautiful and all that, but it was just so damn short! I finished the game in a day. [..]
I finished the game in a day, too - but it is absolutly worth every Second you spend on it. I must admit it's a bit easy but the atmosphere is fanstastic!

By the way, does anyone know the story before the game starts?

Mighty Midget
14-04-2008, 09:20 PM
How do one use scrolls in this game? I've placed it in the (I suppose) "general item" slot and tried both Enter and Space. Also, do the books serve any purpose other than telling which runes to use for each spell?

Unregistered Norseman
03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I was wondering, what's the difference between Heimdall and the Valkyrie? It's been years since I played this and I've no idea where to find a copy of the manual, not a huge problem as I can recall most of the mechanics like the runes etc but I am curious to know how the two differed.

I always just stuck with Heimdall to be honest.

Kvnt
20-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Sucks how you cant actually choose 'Norse'. Save from that, really good review, and good game! Kina stuck with Loki though.

BloodlustSweden
12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Sucks how you cant actually choose 'Norse'. Save from that, really good review, and good game! Kina stuck with Loki though.
Aw...i was looking forward to trying to play the game in Norse...