PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM

tucsonsduke
11-07-2004, 03:40 AM
I just recently got my hands on 12 scummVM games, and was wondering if anyone in the project wanted them. The games are,
1. Indiana Jones and the last crusade (256 color edition)
2. Maniac Mansion 256
3. Zak McKracken 256 colors
4. Loom 256 colors (w/ speech)
5. Monkey island 256
6. monkey island 2 256
7. Day of the tentacle (w/ speech)
8. Sam and Max hit the road (w/ speech)
9. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (speech)
10. Beneath a Steel Sky (speech)
11. Simon the Sorceror (speech)
12. Simon the Sorceror 2 (speech)

I know many of these games have already been posted or cannot be posted due to restrictions but see if you can use any of them.

Anonymous
31-07-2004, 04:38 PM
i will take them

Anonymous
31-07-2004, 04:39 PM
my e-mail is [beeep]

Variable
22-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll take them as well- [beeep]

Thanks a bunch

The Niles
22-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the offer but scummVM games cannot be played without scummVM so putting them on abandonia is not an option.

Havell
22-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Many of the games on the site are only playable with DOSBox nowadays so needing an emulator is not a reason for not putting games on the site.

The Niles
22-08-2004, 10:01 PM
DOSBox creates a DOS environment. A DOS environment can be made on any PC. If you have an old PC laying around you can make a games PC out of it and run the games on it from Abandonia. You cannot do that with the ScummVM games.
Besides we have plenty of games in the line up so there is really no need.

Guybrush
28-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the offer but scummVM games cannot be played without scummVM

Of course they can be played without ScummVM. I have the CD versions of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Fate of Atlantis, and the floppy versions of Maniac Mansion and Loom. The games are not rewritten to run in ScummVM; it is just a new interpreter for running the orginals. All you have to do is copy the data files into a folder and configure ScummVM to find them. You can just as easily open a DOS box and play them in it. :)

mika
28-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah ScummVM is just a recreated interpreter for old lucasarts games (SCUMM was the name of the original interpreter. It stands for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion). The games will all propably run in DOSBOX maybe even straight XP, but I much prefer scummvm for all lucasarts games. see http://www.scummvm.com/ for more info.

Other than that, the games above are not all abandonware (as far as I know).

Guybrush
28-08-2004, 10:39 AM
I've tried them in XP with the native soundblaster emulation (which stinks) and VDMsound, and both ways they work fine. However ScummVM adds improved menu systems, native Windows MIDI support, all sorts of filtering modes like 2xsai and supereagle, etc. It can also play non-PC ports of many of the games, and let's you access them all from one menu. It's not necessary to play them, but it makes them more enjoyable.

As for being abandonware, none of the LucasArts games are. They are very protective of their titles and from time to time repackage and sell them in classics compilations. They freaked out when ScummVM came along and tried to shut them down, but I think they have worked it out now.