PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With My Emulator

Caged
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I've been trying of late to emulate PSX games on my PC. It goes pretty well but after a few moments playing my favorite game, Driver, the sound goes all choppy and the game doesn't function well. Any ideas? I've tried a bunch of different plugins and settings and nothing seems to work well. :help:

Rogue
05-04-2005, 01:15 PM
What emu are you using and on what PC?

Caged
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm using what was called the best emulator free for download. ePSXe and I have downloaded all the pluggin's possibel for sound so I really don't know what to do.

My PC is a 1.5 AMD Sempron Chip PC with 384megs RAM,
7200 rpm 30 gig HD, 32x CD-RW, Onboard Sound, Radeon 9600 (latest Drivers)

Just a note, the onboard sound is much better than my card, so i ditched the card in favor of the onboard.

Koen
05-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Have you got menu problems too? That's what I had when emulating Driver... (with nearly all possible emulators)

Danny252
05-04-2005, 09:03 PM
maybe using a PSX is better for PSX games.. it tends to work thataway

Tulac
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
THE site about emulators...

NGemu (http://www.ngemu.com)
(no illegal stuff there)

If you won't find an answer here, you should go there in search of answer, their boards are great!
Now...
Could you please list the plugins(hope it's not null), which version are you using, do you have a BIOS, are you trying to run games from CD-Rom, or from an ISO?

@Danny: Anyway Epsxe worked really great for me, my friend who wasn't able to play a game on his PSX due to a scratched CD, came to my place, I turned into an ISO, and voila it worked, not to meniton that the graphics are better than on PSX...
And ofcourse if you don't have enough money/don't want to buy the console...

Koen
05-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Anubis
@topic: virtual pc equivalents
Microsoft bought Connectix, company that made VirtualPC. Same company was well known for Game Station - great emulator for PS, which sony bought from them.

Maybe worth trying, if it's still available...

Rogue
05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Caged,
try different emu first. I would try VGS. (You need a patch to make it work under WinXP)

I can send you link for one of the forums where people might be able to help you with your problem.

Tulac
06-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think VGS or Bleem are a smart choice, because they stopped developing them a few years ago, they would certainly have more compatibility problems than epsxe which is the best PSX emulator today...

You should try out PCSX and PSXeven, and also FPSE, if they don't work try out the commercial ones(well ex-commercial)...

Caged
09-04-2005, 01:09 AM
:bye: okay, you wanted to see the error, here it is. For some reason no matter what settings I use, I get this error after hitting try the level again. This is of course, after I've lost a level and need to try again. Without fail it pops up and the game closes. any ideas?