PDA

View Full Version : Defragmenter And Tunderbird


NrmMyth
02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
What is the best defragmenting program you know, doesn't have to be free.

And did you (if you use/ed) experience problems with .rar files as attachments?

Chris
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by NrmMyth@Apr 2 2005, 09:36 PM
And did you (if you use/ed) experience problems with .rar files as attachments?
Do you mean .rar files as email attachments in Thunderbird?

Never had any problems with TB. If the attachments are sorted out or blocked, it will most probably be another prog, like firewall or virus-scanner.

DeathDude
02-04-2005, 08:51 PM
No don't experience problems with attachments of .rar either in thunderbird, what seems to be the problem?

NrmMyth
02-04-2005, 09:05 PM
It says that it's illegal attachment.

What about defragmenters?

Caged
02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
for defragmentors, the best at the moment is DisKeeper 9. Unfortunately, its only a demo and doesn't work past 30 days. For a freeware solution, try diskeeper lite. Its free and the equivalent of the same version shipped with winxp. If you are looking for a more professional defrag utility, try PerfectDisk which is aimed at business servers and large hard drives with heavy fragmentation. It too costs to register and extend past the 30 day trial.

NrmMyth
02-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Caged@Apr 2 2005, 09:09 PM
for defragmentors, the best at the moment is DisKeeper 9. Unfortunately, its only a demo and doesn't work past 30 days. For a freeware solution, try diskeeper lite. Its free and the equivalent of the same version shipped with winxp. If you are looking for a more professional defrag utility, try PerfectDisk which is aimed at business servers and large hard drives with heavy fragmentation. It too costs to register and extend past the 30 day trial.
Have a link?? :w00t:

DeathDude
02-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Found a couple of the programs over here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads8.html

Caged
03-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Diskeeper 9:
http://majorgeeks.com/download4382.html

Diskeeper Lite:
http://majorgeeks.com/download1207.html

PerfectDisk:*******
http://majorgeeks.com/download268.html

****
PerfectDisk only compatible with win2000 or winxp

NrmMyth
03-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Caged@Apr 3 2005, 08:07 PM
Diskeeper 9:
http://majorgeeks.com/download4382.html

Diskeeper Lite:
http://majorgeeks.com/download1207.html

PerfectDisk:*******
http://majorgeeks.com/download268.html

****
PerfectDisk only compatible with win2000 or winxp
Thanks

And it's a great site also! :ok:

DeathDude
03-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Always found majorgeeks to be a really good site, very organized and such, you'll find a lot of useful stuff there.

Caged
04-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by NrmMyth+Apr 3 2005, 04:22 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NrmMyth @ Apr 3 2005, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Caged@Apr 3 2005, 08:07 PM
Diskeeper 9:
http://majorgeeks.com/download4382.html

Diskeeper Lite:
http://majorgeeks.com/download1207.html

PerfectDisk:*******
http://majorgeeks.com/download268.html

****
PerfectDisk only compatible with win2000 or winxp
Thanks

And it's a great site also! :ok: [/b][/quote]
anytime :bye: :ok:

NrmMyth
04-04-2005, 07:04 AM
The PerfectDisk is great. :ok:

Used before Disk Keeper Lite, couldn't do boot defragment. :cry:

Rogue
04-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I am using old version of DK, only one that I got registered. No problem with it at all. :)