PDA

View Full Version : The Big Red Adventure

Sebatianos
02-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I finally got it to work in DOSBox (using a standard VGA setup), but I can't see the cursor. I can see the item name I can interact with if a move over it, but I can't see where the cursor is.
Is there any way around it? (I tried other video setting, but it just doesn't work - the game wont even run properly).

Stroggy
02-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Tom sent it to me too since I tried to play and review the previous version of the game they sent me. Its still on my desktop but sadly I haven't found a solution.
I sometimes see a strange square where the cursor should be and sometimes I do see item names but it is impossible to interact with them.
I'm afraid we should just face the following fact: the KGB has destroyed all working versions of this game.

Sebatianos
02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Well I'll try the game on my old 486 (has REAL DOS and a graphic crad that's actually on the list - Trident). So the game might work, but I've no idea how to make it work on a new computer. Maybe if some graphic cards could be emulated...

Stroggy
02-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I heard its the mousecontrols that can't be properly emulated.

Sebatianos
02-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Well I'm not sure... but I CAN PLAY THE GAME!!!
I just ran the game in VDMSound...
I got a weird broken sqare insted of a pointer, but I could interact with stuff. It's just really strange to do it (but I think that's how it's ment to be).
You right click an item and hold the button. You get a number of icons on what to do. You chose one and release the button. Then your character starts using some red thing. Next you need to doubleclick (left button) on the item you wanted to interact with and you do!

Example:
Suitcase - right click and hold. Chose first icon on eleft in the upper row (open). Relise the button. The guy does something strange with his hands. Now double click on the suitcase - it's open!

Weird, but I think it was ment this way!
If I could just get a normal pointer now...