PDA

View Full Version : Edit A Bat File For Sound?

Heart_collector
31-03-2005, 10:40 PM
heya, sort of a new guy around here...and im not engish so excuse the crappy spelling, but i red somewhere that it was possible to editt a bat file to recognize your soundcard, and that could realy be usefull right now seing as the game i downloaded (that game being syndicate) doesnt have a setup file.
so im gonna need someone to explain to me like im 5 how to do that, either that or a strange program that will handle that for me....is any of this doable?
thanks for reading.

Omuletzu
01-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Are you running DOS or Dos Box?
If you are running DOS, then what you are referring to are the drivers for the soundcard.If you don't hear sound in DOS, and you have a soundcard, go to driverguide.com, make an account the exact driver for your soundcard(ie DOS driver).
That aside you should search for the setup/setsound/install file within the archive you got from us.There must be one

TheSmyth
01-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I think you've been mis-led. :not_ok:

A .bat file is just a text file, so it can't recognise "anything".

But:
You can usually setup a batch (.bat) file to give instructions to a program when it is starting. Instead of typng a command line instruction every time.

I.e.:
Instead of typing:
c:>Games\Doom\Doom.exe -warp 4 3 -? -?

you could make a batch file called "doom.bat" with the only line in it being the same as the above, and when you wanted to run doom with all of the settings you would normally have to type out (including sound settings), you can just run "doom.bat" instead. :ok:

Hint: if you're using DOS, if you don't type the file extension (.exe .com .bat etc..) it autmoatically looks for .bat first, so just typing "doom" would run "doom.bat" instead of "doom.exe".

Omuletzu
01-04-2005, 07:29 AM
I thought he was referring to loading soundcard drivers in dos, via autoexec.bat & config.sys