PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert On Lan

aspeCt
29-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey!

Im having a strange problem with my Red Alert. When i try to run it with more than 2 players on a LAN (This occurs with Red Alert 2 aswell) The third client will say "Wrong Game Version" or something in the likes. I know we have the same version, I think its some kind of lock or something, because we are using copies of only one CD. It might be some ID on the CD thats making the problem. Any way to get around this? This might be an unappropriate question and if so, im sorry. Any help is appreciated!

JJXB
29-03-2005, 10:18 PM
RA2 uses cd-keys so get different cd-keys on RA2 but i can't pinpoint the problem on RA

aspeCt
29-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah we tried different ones. Still doesn't work. I think the installers have some kind of ID, and if that ID is the same on 3 or more clients, they wont be able to play. Thanks for the input.

aspeCt
01-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Bump =/

BeefontheBone
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
it seems likely you'll need one CD key between 2 people, ie that half the players need to own the game. what the hell kind of LAN patry involves people who don't own red alert?

Eagle of Fire
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Please don't bump threads for nothing. If nobody is answering you it's simply because nobody can. Bumping thread for no reason is spam.

04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I bumped it so that more people can see the thread. Not to spam. Gee. Not everyone sees every new post. But im sorry if i 'spammed' your precious network.