PDA

View Full Version : X-com Problem ( Crash To Desktop )

Wiseman
20-03-2005, 07:03 AM
I originally downloaded this game from this site and I love it. However, when I receive a message that research has been completed, the game kicks me out to desktop and gives me the standard "X-COM: UFO Defense Gold Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. The reason I have gold edition is because I thought downloading the one from Gamespy will help remove this kicking to desktop problem. As you see, the problem didn't go away. Anyone have any solutions to this?

I use Win XP Professional

Yobor
20-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I have this exact problem. I cannot run X-com either.

Wiseman
20-03-2005, 04:01 PM
It seems to be triggered by finishing Reaper corpse research.

Spookyfish
20-03-2005, 08:33 PM
It has nothing to do with Reapers. I get it all the time, in the middle of missions for the most. Just save often and shoot ET.

:rifle: :eeeeeh:

However, would be nice to find something that removed this incredibly annoying bug.

11-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I have this bug as soon as my psi labs are complete, very annoying, i have tried everything possible to fix it :(

minhtuan
24-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh everyone experienced this. I just have to save often.

By the way, Xcom2 version at abandonia is the DOS version, which Xcom1 is the Windows gold version. It's good to see Xcom2 Gold version here, since no more trouble with XP about how to run Xcom2.

Argith Nuei
09-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Just as minthuan and Spookygish already mentioned, its a common problem.
"I was researching a sectoid engineer one time when it dropped to windows."
Solution: stopped the research and transfered the engineer to another base. When their scientists researched it all went as it should.
"One of my interceptors engaged a ufo. Every time I shot it down, the game dropped out. Even if i disengaged and reengaged."
Solution: send interceptor 2 to deal with it. no problems.
About the game dropping to windows when you complete a part of your base though... Not good. Could you stop construction of the facility? cant remember...

Eagle of Fire
09-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Please do not resurect old threads from the death.