PDA

View Full Version : Need some recommendations

BaconMaster2890
05-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Hey all,

It's been a while since I was a hard copying discs/movies etc so I am a little bit out of touch with programs. I have a game I downloaded years ago "Lego Island" and I have played it with the same copy...only thing is I have lost that disc but I had the ISO uploaded elsewhere.

So It's an ISO, Clone CD has been awesome so far, only when they are not written in ISO, I cannot burn using the protected PC game option (and has been working 100% of the time when selecting the games ive gotten from here).

Any other programs you can recommend? I use PowerISO but seems to give me the same issue (the game detects its not the real deal) thats why I started to use CloneCD again (free trial).

I am thinking Alcohol 120% might save me in this case (I have a few discs to spare, just annoying wasting some).

I attempted to copy using the ISO image, making a ccd image file out of the iso image i had burnt to the disc (thought by logic it shouldn't work, but gave it a go anyways).

I have yet to look, but I assume there might be a no-cd crack out there (might check now, but it would be nice to figure it out, as I might find myself in the same spot again with another game).

Smiling Spectre
08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
First at all, ISO itself cannot store protection information. So image was destroyed in the very moment when you made ISO from it.

Another bad part about ISO is that it cannot store multi-track discs too. Usually it's the problem with the older games, where data and music/sound contained in the separate audio tracks.

So in the future I recommend Daemon Tools Lite (https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtlite). It totally can support almost any image type, and I believe that it can made "right" protected images in MDS/MDF format.