PDA

View Full Version : Railroad Tycoon Deluxe freeze

danielwood
25-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I posted in the railroad tycoon deluxe forum, then came here after I was suggested to do so. Didn't have any remedies in that forum..

I downloaded Railroad Tycoon Deluxe, already had DosBox 0.74. Btw,my system is windows 7, and I've played other games successfully on DosBox. Anyway, followed the DosBox tutorial to mount the game, loaded/started the game no problem. When I start the game, at the opening map after the resources/cities/etc are loaded the first newspaper pops up and the game freezes. I can't get anything to happen after this. Can't even close the game so I have to close DosBox. I've tried several times, tried restarting my computer, but can't get past this opening newspaper screen. I started the game tutorial and it works fine, I'm able to play that successfully. But to play the actual game, I'm stuck.

What's next? Thanks!

zirkoni
26-07-2015, 05:23 AM
How do you mount the game in DOSBox?
Are you using DOSBox default settings?
Did you change the game's settings (install.exe)?

danielwood
28-07-2015, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I followed the directions exactly from the tutorial on here for installing games on DosBox.

I didn't change anything with DosBox or the game unless it was stated on the tutorial

arete
28-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Maybe it's a problem with the game itself. Have you tried redownloading the archive, perhaps?

Eagle of Fire
31-07-2015, 04:16 AM
Could you please give us the link to that Dosbox tutorial you are referring about? Pretty sure I could find it myself in our tutorials but I want to be 100% sure of which one you referred to in particular.