PDA

View Full Version : Help Running Some old Star Trek Game

Binsk
11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok, the first game I tried ran fine, but I don't know how to save my game. It is Star Trek First contact. I am told to remove the game disk and insert an un formatted one to save on. Since I'm not using real disks I don't know how to do this. The second game is Prometheus prophecy. The txt file that comes with the game says it won't run unless you set the memory to 0FC0:0000h up to 3000:0000h but I don't know what this means. I looked in the dos box config file but all I saw was memsize=16. The last one is rebel universe which simply boots up to a blue screen, but does nothing. All games are abandon ware so you can download them to see what I mean. Any help is appreciated.

Smiling Spectre
14-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Ok, the first game I tried ran fine, but I don't know how to save my game. It is Star Trek First contact. I am told to remove the game disk and insert an un formatted one to save on.
It's the easest one with DOSBox. Check F10 - utilities - and then check what DATA DRIVE is. It is C: by default for me (as I have game mounted as C drive), but if it's A: for you, then you can change it here. Only check how exactly you mounted it. No use to save to C, if in DOSBox you have only A. :)

(Also, it was no problem to save for me - game simply made file on C. Maybe the same is right for A too?)

The second game is Prometheus prophecy. The txt file that comes with the game says it won't run unless you set the memory to 0FC0:0000h up to 3000:0000h but I don't know what this means.
Can you cite it? Looks strange from your words. :)

Or better: get it from Abandonia, it haven't any such texts, so I presume that it works without it. :)

The last one is rebel universe which simply boots up to a blue screen, but does nothing.
Hmm. Find yourself another version. I tried three different (all was found identical), and all three worked for me. In DOSBox 0.74.

Oh, wait, Abandonia have it too. So get it here. :)

Where did you get this version, BTW? Is it by chance original, and not warez that is everywhere? :)