PDA

View Full Version : Lion - DOSBox mount for Mac

Schorche
28-10-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm trying to run lion on my mac, and and having problems. Mac does not have a "c" folder, and all the answers say it has to be in c. What should I do?

The Fifth Horseman
29-10-2013, 05:31 AM
For starters, it's a DOS game.
MacOS can't run it directly.
What you need to do is install the Mac version of DOSBox and run the game in that.
DOSBox also takes care of your path problem: Any folder on your system can be mounted as a drive in DOSBox.
It doesn't matter to the game where it is actually located, just how it's mounted.
So something like /home/users/scorche/dosgames (just an example, mind you) can be mounted as the C drive in DOSBox and the games will treat it as the C drive in every respect.

Schorche
29-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Sorry, I was not clear, I have been using dosbox, and it works great with many other games from this site. When I try to run it on dosbox, it opens the file, blinks something, and then says

hr_hires.c #1.-1
C:\>

then it just sits there, and will not accept any commands.

I usually do not mount anything, I just find the correct .exe file, and choose open with. It automatically mounts everything. It works great for everything else, but not lion.

dosraider
29-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Won't work with a game as Lion, game needs a specific dir structure to be able to find needed files.
You will encounter the same problem with several other games.
In short:
Let say you move the Lion folder so that you get:
/games/lion/

mount /games/ as C: in dosbox and do a cd lion
Launch game from c:\lion\ in dosbox, do not use 'open with'.

[Edit]
A bit more detailed how to work with dosbox prompt on a Mac:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=8933

Schorche
29-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Dumb question here, but how do you do a "cd lion"?

The Fifth Horseman
29-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Type it in using DOSBox's command line interface and press Enter. :)

Schorche
29-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot:smugulon: