PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain On Xp

Hawk
12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
I recently got Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain from this great site, and it seems to have issues with Windows XP. It laods up and allows you to start a new game but once it starts you cannot control anything. I tried running it in compatibility mode with all of the windows version svailable in the list and no imporvement. Does anyone have any ideas?

Omuletzu
13-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Well at the start of a new game, you are engaged in a dialogue with the bartender.You cannot move during this conversation.

Hawk
14-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Well he says teh tavern is closing and then i waited for like 5 minutes or so and nothing happens. He walks back and forth and I do nothing.

DonCorleone
15-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Uhm, might be. Due to the fact that after the conversation you have to leave the bar and start the action :blink:
Think you could wait a trillion years. But there wonīt happen anything ;)

EDIT: Think it was a litle late last night. So I didnīt even read whatīs just one post above. Sorry :crazy:

Ferna182
15-02-2005, 06:10 AM
i'm currently playing it under windows xp with an USB controller and NO PROBLEMS AT ALL ..... you tried setting controls on the option screen?

Hawk
22-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah I set controls but nothing seems to be working no movement controls are listed from what I can see

TheSmyth
25-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I found the same problem, but only after i had been trying to change the resolution (F12 key). Try changing your resolution, or re-downloading to get the default one (once it had locked i couldn't change the resolution back!), it worked for me. :max:

Cowowar
27-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by TheSmyth@Feb 25 2005, 12:41 PM
I found the same problem, but only after i had been trying to change the resolution (F12 key). Try changing your resolution, or re-downloading to get the default one (once it had locked i couldn't change the resolution back!), it worked for me. :max:
:wall: yeah, when i press f12 nothing happens and the damn thing still won't work.

Vermis
07-03-2005, 06:24 AM
well, this worked for me, although it's not ideal. Whenever the screen goes all dark and you can't move anymore, hit the windows key and then go back into the program and it should work. Again, not ideal, but it works. Skips some of the dialogue though.

kryz
27-03-2005, 06:29 AM
i had this problem too. on my machine it fixed if i pressed the windows key and then returned to the game.

wallymian
30-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey all,
maybe there's just another solution to run Blood Omen on Windows XP/2000.
Try to follow instructions on this page and download unnoficial hacked game exe file:
Blood Omen - The Lost Worlds web site (http://www.thelostworlds.net/BO1-XP.HTML)

Though I haven't tried it by myself...

/wallymian :bye:

Alkesh dodke
13-09-2010, 09:02 PM
hee. can you give me the resume capability for downloading this game.

LordZsar1
11-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Still there, just a slightly different url.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/Blood_Omen_PC_Patch_for_XP_and_Vista.html

Though, this here seems to be the better choice:

http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/kain/index.htm