PDA

View Full Version : Realms Of Arkania

FCAMS
12-02-2005, 01:52 PM
:ok: Hello everyone! I just became a member of this great community.

Great site, kudos to the ones responsible.

I am really interested in Realms of Arkania the trilogy. I would like to buy it because the voice content rules. I played Start Trail over 10 years ago and I still remember how great it was.

I also would like to make a crappy computer specially to play RoA.
The only thing I got so far is a soundblaster 16 sound card :tomato:

I would like to know what would be the crappiest and the best CPU to play RoA on.
What system? RAM memory? What else? :help:

If anyone knows where I can buy RoA: the trilogy and have it delivered here in Brazil I would be most grateful. Amazon only has part 2 and 3.

Well thanks for your attention.
Let me know here or at fcatao@acesso.com.br

Tom Henrik
12-02-2005, 04:29 PM
You can play Realms of Arkania on any machine these days, as long as you use DOSBox.

You can find that program in our program section:
http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

FCAMS
12-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks.

But in order to hear the music properly (without any lag) I would need at least a 2GHZ cpu when using Dosbox right?

So maybe It would be cheaper to assemble a crappy computer specifically to play these games since I have an athlon1.4.

Any clues where I could buy the trilogy without getting ripped off and have it delivered here in Brazil?

Mad-E-Fact
13-02-2005, 08:23 AM
I think buying a newer CPU would be actually cheaper than building a whole rig with ancient parts, and it would benefit newer games aswell, not only old dos games. Dunno about prices in Brazil though.