View Full Version : Syndicate Sound

DeathCore
09-06-2004, 09:57 PM
NOTHING works :cry:
Only the game 8)

I've tried VDMS and SOUNDFX2000 and DoSBOX, but it doesn't works :(

FreeFreddy
10-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Do you have Windows 98? Could do it there, if you have an soundcard that includes old Soundblaster series emulation drivers for Win98.

DeathCore
11-06-2004, 12:43 AM
let's say that i HAD windows 98 :s
HDD almost burned down my whole computer some reason...the computer was already bad but i don't want it to ruin more :( [PC is not compatible with soundblaster cards...it's from before that time I think]

FreeFreddy
11-06-2004, 06:37 AM
HDD, your harddrive burned your pc down?? :shock: :shock: What did you do, some HD-manipulating??..
Well, if you have now actually an old PC, perhaps try Windows 95 out? I guess you won't get any sound in Windows XP, as I didn't too...
And speaking of Soundblaster, it actually have not to be Soundblaster but you can also get somewhere the Pro Audio Spectrum (first Soundblaster-similar) or Pro Audio Spectrum 16 (Soundblaster Pro and 16 similar), but it's as old as the Sounblaster's (if you have that Pentium 100 or 486DX2+ that would be good soundcards for it) and they are 90% compatible to Soundblaster cards.

gregor
11-06-2004, 09:42 AM
actually the version here really has problems with sound, but i can't figure out why. all the sound files are there. i tried all the settings. it also seems like the programes recognised the soundcard and initialised it. but no sound is produced. even under "pure" DOS (Win98-fat 32) system.

Data
16-06-2004, 09:14 AM
syndicate works with sound in dosbox.
Did you configure syndicate correctly ?

DeathCore
16-06-2004, 02:12 PM
i used the default....the bat that came with it

Data
16-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I thought there was some setsound program.
just select soundblaster or soundblaster pro and you are good to go

DeathCore
22-06-2004, 10:47 PM
This is an abandonia release, so there didn't came a setsound util with it...

gregor
25-06-2004, 07:12 AM
This is an abandonia release, so there didn't came a setsound util with it...

i still don't know how to set the sound. it does have some fie that determines the values but even if i tried changing them it had no effect. so all i really want to know is there or isn't there a sound possibility in this version?

Skating Zebra
14-01-2010, 01:14 AM
i still don't know how to set the sound. it does have some fie that determines the values but even if i tried changing them it had no effect. so all i really want to know is there or isn't there a sound possibility in this version?

The sound issue may be due to the version of the game that is posted on this site; it may not be packaged with sound.

I went to link removed (another site in this wonderful web ring) and they had the game downloadable as an executable. I installed it in C:\sfdosbox\Syndicate, verified that the settings in SYND.BAT were correct, and ran it through D-Fend v2. Lovely, lovely sound and music! Yay!

Eagle of Fire
14-01-2010, 01:26 AM
This thread is only 6 years old... What purpose would it serve to necropost it?

None.

The Fifth Horseman
14-01-2010, 09:16 AM
The sound settings are stored in synd.bat (for the original version) or synd.inf (for Syndicate Plus). You can modify either file with Notepad.
In the original, running main.exe directly will make the game use autodetection.
In Syndicate Plus, deleting synd.inf will make the game enter sound setup next time you run it.

The sound issue may be due to the version of the game that is posted on this site; it may not be packaged with sound.
The version of Syndicate on Abandonia HAS full sound. If you can't get it working, you're doing something wrong.