PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls - Daggerfall, The

heatho
06-02-2005, 05:17 AM
I thought i'd start a thread about this elusive game. Can anybody upload it, or refer a link to where it can be downloaded. I simply havn't been able to find it after hours of searching and im sure there are a lot of people like myself who would really like to help keep this game alive, as soon as we find it. I heard that Bethesda (the creators) requested that all abandonware sites remove the game from their downloads, this doesn't make sense as it is not available for purchase and there are no plans to re-release it. Any replies would be appreciated, by the way I recommend anyone who can to check it out, apparently its an RPG of incredible scope even today.

Mad-E-Fact
06-02-2005, 09:28 AM
IF this game will be abandonware, I'm sure Bethesda will release it on their homepage (www.elderscrolls.com), just as they did with Arena.

Omuletzu
06-02-2005, 09:30 AM
The game is not abw, and thus we can't upload it, or give links to sites that host it(if there are any).

heatho
06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
This is my understanding of abandonware
What abandonware is

1. The definition of abandonware
Abandonware is defined as any PC or console game that is:
1. At least four years old
2. Not being sold or supported by the company that produced it or by any other company. When a certain piece of Abandonware is later found to be sold or supported by a company, then it ceases to be Abandonware.

# What is NOT abandonware
Software that is either:

1. Less than four years old
2. Still sold and/or supported by a company

# How something ceases to be abandonware
When a software company decides that they are going to start selling or supporting an old games again.

Daggerfall fits this criteria or any other conceivable criteria.

mouse31e
06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by heatho@Feb 6 2005, 06:17 AM
I heard that Bethesda (the creators) requested that all abandonware sites remove the game from their downloads, this doesn't make sense as it is not available for purchase and there are no plans to re-release it.
If that is true and Bethesda did request that abw sites removed Daggerfall then it makes no difference whether it fits the requirements for abw or not.

Bethesda still own the copyright for the game and have every right to request that it is not distributed. They do not need any reason to do so as it is their game and they can do what they like. Abw is illegal so the fact that Bethesda are asking people nicely instead of shutting them down or taking legal action is actually a good thing.

Also, you have no idea (unless you work for Bethesda, but I'm guessing you don't else why would you be asking? :blink: ) what Bethesda's plans are for the game. They may be holding it back for a compilation of Elder Scrolls games or the budget game companies could be bidding on it at this very minute. Just because they haven't publicly stated what their plans for the game are, doesn't mean they don't have any!

However, I believe you are correct that, were it not for Bethesda, it would fit the requirements for abw. I cannot find it for sale anywhere and I'm not sure Bethesda really supports it anymore.

heatho
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
The fact that Bethesda requested that nobody distribute the game, in my eyes doesn't make it any more illegal than every piece of available software on this site. Though I guess I'll just have to put my faith in them and trust that they will distribute it again in the near future, the number of copies is declining as is its availability, it'd be a damn shame for it to fade into such rareness that its essentially gone forever.

Wael
06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by heatho@Feb 6 2005, 02:12 PM
The fact that Bethesda requested that nobody distribute the game, in my eyes doesn't make it any more illegal than every piece of available software on this site.
And so?

Itīs called morality -

It is their software,
And we support their wishes,
If it is their wish that their game wonīt be found here,
The so it shall be -

The "illegality" makes no difference in this matter /-

heatho
06-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Indeed, I was stating that legality isn't an issue in any case concerning abandonware

The Levitating Nun
06-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by heatho@Feb 6 2005, 12:43 PM
This is my understanding of abandonware
What abandonware is

1. The definition of abandonware
Abandonware is defined as any PC or console game that is:
1. At least four years old
2. Not being sold or supported by the company that produced it or by any other company. When a certain piece of Abandonware is later found to be sold or supported by a company, then it ceases to be Abandonware.

# What is NOT abandonware
Software that is either:

1. Less than four years old
2. Still sold and/or supported by a company

# How something ceases to be abandonware
When a software company decides that they are going to start selling or supporting an old games again.

Daggerfall fits this criteria or any other conceivable criteria.
Does abandonware have to be both of those?
for example (and only example)
If something like UT2003 was stopped being sold or supported by the company, would it be abandonware or does it have to be more than 4 years old too?

GraveDigger
06-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Feb 6 2005, 02:28 PM
IF this game will be abandonware, I'm sure Bethesda will release it on their homepage (www.elderscrolls.com), just as they did with Arena.
hmm...so this means that Arena was announced freeware by Bethesda, which I certainly doubt. :angel:

By the way Mad-E-Fact, you got a kind of avatar that we normally don't see everyday. LOL

mouse31e
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by GraveDigger+Feb 6 2005, 06:56 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GraveDigger @ Feb 6 2005, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Mad-E-Fact@Feb 6 2005, 02:28 PM
hmm...so this means that Arena was announced freeware by Bethesda, which I certainly doubt. :angel: [/b][/quote]
It's not freeware as such but it is available for free from Bethesda (http://www.elderscrolls.com).

The end-user license still applies so technically it cannot be redistributed.

Mad-E-Fact
07-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by GraveDigger+Feb 6 2005, 06:56 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GraveDigger @ Feb 6 2005, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Mad-E-Fact@Feb 6 2005, 02:28 PM
hmm...so this means that Arena was announced freeware by Bethesda, which I certainly doubt. :angel:

By the way Mad-E-Fact, you got a kind of avatar that we normally don't see everyday. LOL [/b][/quote]
What mouse said. And I'm glad you liked my avatar. :)

Hunden
10-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Daggerfall aint that good. Bethesda is currently making the Elder Scroll 4, can't wait ^^

goirio
15-03-2005, 12:49 AM
is there any way to get daggerfall . i dont no if its abandoned but they dont sell it anymore where i live and i wanna play it.

Borodin
15-03-2005, 03:00 AM
It's available on Amazon.com.

Kon-Tiki
15-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Wasn't Amazon more like eBay, where the publishers/developpers don't get any revenue from it?

Mad-E-Fact
15-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Amazon is selling new stuff too, not only used games.

Timpsi
15-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Mar 15 2005, 11:06 AM
Amazon is selling new stuff too, not only used games.
Except in the case of Daggerfall, unfortunately.

The game is not available for purchase anywhere, but Bethesda doesn't like it being offered for free download and has asked it to be removed from several sites.

Mad-E-Fact
15-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Yea, in the case of used games the developer doesn't see a dime of course, as the game has already been purchased once. ;)

Lizard
15-03-2005, 06:37 PM
So in conclusion: Daggerfall is not abadonware,but you wont be able to buy it anywhere :blink:

BlackMageJawa
15-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Sucks, huh?

I do actually have it through more dubious means (Which I won't reveal, so don't bother asking. In any case, the site no longer exists), but I can't get it to install- I've burnt everything to CD, but when I try to run the patcher is can never find the disc, so it won't run.

And yes, I'm using the Win XP installer.

Tulac
15-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Wait, the game installs and then you can't run it, or the install won't start...

If the problem is the first one, since you don't have the original, you must use khm dubious means (understand?) to get the game running, cause the patch isn't enough...

DonCorleone
15-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Thatīs more than sad! Never tried one of these until I got my Xbox. Morrowind is far better when you think about the technical improvement.
But it would be nice to start the story from its beginning though...

Doubler
01-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Hope we don't have to wait 'till the 15th, 20th or 25th anniversary before the game's abandoned...
That would be bloody annoying :not_ok:

Christian IV
22-04-2005, 05:38 AM
:blink: Yes I am looking forward to Elder Scrolls 4 also,
I did just see that Areana is available but NOT called
freeware. This is a great series, with good graphics and story
line, and game play, complex in some ways, but really good and
it was very nice of them to make Arena Available as a ten year
anniversary gift. Thank you to Bethesda! :kosta:
And I am glad that the Abandonia site has such good ethics
about things, it is very encouraging that the admins are so
respectful and honest. Thank you for that. :ok: :ok: :ok:

red_avatar
22-04-2005, 03:35 PM
It took me ages to find Daggerfall - I loved the demo and when I finally got it from eBay, I loved it. It's very confusing once you get outside though, I should read the manual well :P

firehawk455
29-04-2005, 12:42 AM
I would like to see Daggerfall here. It is a cool game. I have playied it many time. I would love to play it agian.

Sino
29-04-2005, 03:03 AM
So very sorry, but 2 downfalls to your Daggerfall (LOL, a pun!), one, wayyyy to big, two, i dont beleave its abandonware.

Cludia
29-04-2005, 04:26 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Doubler
29-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Bethesda's still klinging to this game; as has been said in other threads, Bethesda has asked abandonware sites to remove Daggerfall from their list.
It's really a pity, the game is way to rare nowadays.

But, who knows, maybe Beth has plans for it?

Borodin
30-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they reissue it in a reduced price pack.

Doubler
30-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I'd really like that, and many others too I believe. At least a reasonable market still exists for the game.

Lord_Scather
13-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Dunno if i would like that.....the game was pretty buggy, but, for the old time's sake, i would play it again....only i wish for a GFX-Smoother plugin or something, because they mocked you with the box already, for showing way better GFX than the game ever had...

But it WAS a cool game for the time, but i would rather send Bethseda sharp notice than buying it :bleh:

Besides, you couldn't do the main quest to it's end. Well, i tried like hell, and i always found the end room, always had the necessary items...but it never happened to work.....despite several updates.

samtam90
13-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by firehawk455@Apr 29 2005, 12:42 AM
I would like to see Daggerfall here. It is a cool game. I have playied it many time. I would love to play it agian.
Daggerfall is NOT abandonware, even if you can't find it in any store (neither online stores; you can found a copy on ebay sometimes and it definately worths the price)

Even if it's not abandonware, you can find it around the net (I downloaded it a year ago and still play it :whistle: ) and I think it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. It can be buggy, it can have bad graphics, but it's GREAT

P.S. You have a PM :D

Borodin
18-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Doubler@Apr 30 2005, 05:31 PM
I'd really like that, and many others too I believe. At least a reasonable market still exists for the game.
If they do it, I would expect Bethsoft to release it shortly after Oblivion, towards the end of 2005. That way, they could capitalize on the publicity from ES IV, and get a spillover effect.

Tom Henrik
19-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by samtam90+May 13 2005, 04:50 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samtam90 @ May 13 2005, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-firehawk455@Apr 29 2005, 12:42 AM
Daggerfall is NOT abandonware, even if you can't find it in any store (neither online stores; you can found a copy on ebay sometimes and it definately worths the price)

Even if it's not abandonware, you can find it around the net (I downloaded it a year ago and still play it :whistle: ) and I think it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. It can be buggy, it can have bad graphics, but it's GREAT

P.S. You have a PM :D [/b][/quote]
Care to share this PM?

This sound very suspiscious to me, and if you have given him a download location of daggerfall, you will be banned from this site.

So... care to come clean, or shall we dig into your PM's?

We do NOT tolerate warez talk on this site. :angry:

samtam90
19-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik+May 19 2005, 10:14 AM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Henrik @ May 19 2005, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by samtam90@May 13 2005, 04:50 PM
******QuoteBegin-firehawk455@Apr 29 2005, 12:42 AM

P.S. You have a PM :D
Care to share this PM?

This sound very suspiscious to me, and if you have given him a download location of daggerfall, you will be banned from this site.

So... care to come clean, or shall we dig into your PM's?

We do NOT tolerate warez talk on this site. :angry: [/b][/quote]

No. I don't know download sites for Daggerfall, i din't send any in the PM.

Flop
19-05-2005, 12:54 PM
With a bit of luck they'll release as freeware to promote Oblivion.

Doubler
19-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Flop@May 19 2005, 12:54 PM
With a bit of luck they'll release as freeware to promote Oblivion.
Maybe Bethesda had this in mind when they released Arena as freeware for their 10th anniversary?
On the other hand, that would've been a bit early...
Let's just hope we don't have to wait another 10 years for Daggerfall.

Gundato
19-05-2005, 07:32 PM
I have heard a few different things back before Oblivion took over the forums.

Bethesda possibly lost the source code to Daggerfall. That is probably a joke, but it is possible :P
They shall release it for free on the 10-year anniversary (most likely)
They will bundle it with Oblivion (not likely for obvious reasons)

Doubler
19-05-2005, 08:02 PM
They shall release it for free on the 10-year anniversary (most likely)
:blink: Uhmmm, you propably know this, but Beth released Arena for their 10th anniversary...

Maybe for their 10 3/4 anniversery though :D

Stroggy
19-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Doubler@May 19 2005, 09:02 PM

:blink: Uhmmm, you propably know this, but Beth released Arena for their 10th anniversary...

I think he meant the 10th anniversary of Daggerfall.

Doubler
19-05-2005, 08:15 PM
:wall:
That was pretty foolish, wasn't it?

Stroggy
19-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Not really.
I think the 10th anniversary of Daggerfall is next year.

Tulac
19-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Hmmm if that would become a tradition then Morrowind would be released, in what 2011, or 2012...
Well anyway, Bethesda showed a great example on how old games should be treated with Arena, and I bet that gave them some publicity too...

Borodin
19-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Stroggy+May 19 2005, 08:10 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stroggy @ May 19 2005, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Doubler@May 19 2005, 09:02 PM

I think he meant the 10th anniversary of Daggerfall. [/b][/quote]
Of course. As if I would have meant issue Daggerfall on the 10th anniversary of Arena. :tomato:

Argith Nuei
05-06-2005, 03:17 PM
:w00t: Hey there! Big Elder scrolls fan here. Found Elder scrolls Arena at abandonia and im lovin it all day every day. Are Bethesda still holding on to Daggerfall. Cant seem to get a copy of it anywhere. If you ever come around a copy of it please let me know. Great site keep up the good work! :bye:

Doubler
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Daggerfall is really hard to get, and not abandoned.
I myself have been looking for a copy for a while now.
You could try e-bay, if you have faith in such sort of thing.

Oh, and a little hint. There's a search button up there. Believe me, it's very usefull at times :ok:

Argith Nuei
05-06-2005, 07:36 PM
:bye: Right-o Thanks for the tip.

Raknruin
13-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this board so forgive me any newbie mistakes or no-no's.
My favorite game of all time is Daggerfall and I am desperate to play it again. Does anyone know if it available anywhere as abandonware or do I have to pay a stupid e-bay price to pay it? Any UK Pc=gamer readers may remember a free dvd the magazine gave away a few years ago, this contained daggerfall but the edition has sold out, Does anyone have a copy they want to sell?.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
YNWA

Borodin
13-06-2005, 11:17 PM
It's still available commercially, and Bethsoft is still manufacturing it. You can either pay the price requested on eBay or Amazon, or wait until a cheaper copy becomes available, there.

Gundato
14-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Just buy the game. If it is really your favorite game, you should be willing to pay a few bucks for it. I did and am quite happy.

Talin
14-06-2005, 10:41 AM
i dont think they are still manufacturing it, but they are probably planning some sort of 10 year anniversery for it (maybe they release it for free?)

Havell
14-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm hoping they release it for free when Oblivion is released the same way they released Arena to promote Morrowind.

Gundato
14-06-2005, 03:17 PM

Except that Arena was not released to promote Morrowind. It was released for its 10-year anniversary.

So if Daggerfall will be released for free, it will be on its 10-year anniversary. Not Oblivion's release, but the anniversar. Bethesda loves us, yes. But I sure as hell doubt they want to offer tech support for Daggerfall :P

Raknruin
15-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I have just had a bid a ?20 beat on e-bay and there is still 4 days to go. What gets my goat up is that Pc gamer gave the game away a few months ago but the back issues of that issue have sold out.

Borodin
15-06-2005, 01:25 PM
You might just want to wait a bit, and watch eBay, Amazon and the like for a month or more. I would be inclined to think cheaper copies will appear, since so many are now in people's hands. You might even want to check Bethsoft's Daggerfall forums, and search under "selling" or "cost."

lgonggr
16-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Just make sure you patch it, as it is probably one of the most bug-infested games ever created :not_ok: . It ruled anyway :Brain: which makes it a brilliant game. Still got in a closet somewhere.

Cheers,
Lodewijk

snowowl0909
21-06-2005, 12:01 AM
oh PC Gamer had a DVD with Daggerfall on it?
Is it the US PCG or UK PCG?

MdaG
21-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I have it, but quickly lost interest in it. It was too repetetive for me. I'm sure I never did half of all the possibilities in the game, I got bored before that.

Aramazon
22-06-2005, 02:11 AM
OMG I LOVE DAGGERFALL!! I remember i played the betony island demo when it came with a 97 cg demo cd. My mom threw it out though cause of the zombie on the cover :wall: :wall: :cry: But last year i got the full version on eBay. Seriously, it really is best to get the game while its still out in stores cause i only got the cd....no box. Anyway if anyone sees the betony island demo for download tell me cause even though i have the full, i really got used to the island, and its not the same in the full game. Btw i got my copy of Daggerfall for $15 US. add the s@h and about $20. its worth it though. Especially for people like me who cant play morrowind due to old computer. Great Game Daggerfall :cheers:

PS. I hate when u cant download sumthin for free but u cant get it in stores either(or order from the website). Someone should talk to the stupid esa guys!!

Tom Henrik
22-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Aramazon@Jun 22 2005, 02:11 AM
PS. I hate when u cant download sumthin for free but u cant get it in stores either(or order from the website). Someone should talk to the stupid esa guys!!
Uhm... why?

This isn't ESA's decision.
ESA protect games because the companies tell them to do it.

Borodin
22-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Jun 22 2005, 02:14 AM
Uhm... why?

This isn't ESA's decision.
ESA protect games because the companies tell them to do it.
Tom, few people know that. They believe ESA is simply targeting games on its own--a foolish assumption, when you think about it. ;)

madcrow
22-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Frankly I don't see why they even bother, the idea of spending money to keep people from copying something that you don't even sell anymore is a bit expensive-sounding. But it's their right to do so, even if it doesn't make dollars and cents. (drumroll)

Flop
22-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by madcrow@Jun 22 2005, 07:43 PM
Frankly I don't see why they even bother, the idea of spending money to keep people from copying something that you don't even sell anymore is a bit expensive-sounding. But it's their right to do so, even if it doesn't make dollars and cents. (drumroll)
They wouldn't bother except that they risk losing their copyrights unless they can prove that they actively defend them. This means that if ESA turn the blind eye to abandonware sites, and someone later decided to start selling the old games of certain ESA members and making some profit (which would certainly cause them to sue) their is a fair chance they'd lose that trial, because they didn't defend their copyrights earlier. They're basically doing it for the odd chance that they might someday be able to make some more money from these games.

Besides, ESA spend very little resources on abandonware. They are mainly occupied by piracy of newer games.

madcrow
22-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh, so this place was just unlucky... Figures... Oh well, there's still some great stuff here, and I have many of those ESA-protected games from b4 the takedown, so I'm happy...

Ogas Akos
11-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know where to buy daggerfall if u know please send me an email at ogasakos@yahoo.com :D

Borodin
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
You mean, so you could get a pirated copy sent to your email address? How very subtle. :blink:

A. J. Raffles
11-07-2005, 01:10 PM
No, I think he's just too lazy to search for himself, actually.

Anyway, Timpsi has compiled a great list of online stores (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3287); you'll almost certainly find Daggerfall in one of them. And if you don't, there's always ebay (http://search.ebay.com/daggerfall_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8).

Borodin
11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 11 2005, 01:10 PM
No, I think he's just too lazy to search for himself, actually.

LOL! Okay, I can buy that. But you would think he would at least have enough energy to check back into this forum, instead of asking us to not only do the work for him, but send it to him, personally. :tomato:

LAFM
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey I own it on two versions one ripped and the other isn`t I don`t know how to put it to download in this site,if you know just say it and it will be yours

A. J. Raffles
11-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry, but according to The List, the game is still being protected by Bethesda.

LAFM
11-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I offered the game I think it`s abandonaware, if itsn`t I didn`t know it, besides in my country we dont have problems with that stuff so international laws doesn`t aply for me. So ask an it will be yours as lon as copyrigth laws apply on your country

A. J. Raffles
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LAFM@Jul 11 2005, 04:50 PM
I offered the game I think it`s abandonaware, if itsn`t I didn`t know it, besides in my country we dont have problems with that stuff so international laws doesn`t aply for me. So ask an it will be yours as lon as copyrigth laws apply on your country
OK, sorry, apparently I didn't make myself perfectly clear there. What I was trying to say was 'Thank you, but no thank you'. The game isn't abandonware, so it won't be added to the site.

Edit: You may not be aware of this, but you're not supposed to offer the game to anyone here, not even if copyright laws "don't apply" in their countries. This is not a warez-site.

LAFM
11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok, excuse me i`m a new, I`m an abandonware collector and its the first time I enter and i instantly fall in love with this page so if you want me to search anything that "CAN" be added to this page just say it`s name.
And again I`m really sorry if I comprised this site, I didn`tmean to again my mistake.

" Money, money, always money, It`s the rich man world"

Borodin
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
LAFM, if you're offering abandonware to the site, you may want to start a new thread and put up a list of what you've got. That will make it easier for the site owners and mods to determine what they could use. Just a thought.

A. J. Raffles
11-07-2005, 05:54 PM
You should also try and check The List (http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=awlist) to see whether your games are abandonware or not. It's still work in progress, so it might not be listing every single game yet, but it's accurate for the titles which it includes.

Onyx
17-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Hello. After getting addicted to Morrowind I started to look for the rest of "TES" games. I found Arena right here and I'll try it now. But does anyone know what's up with Daggerfall? I tryed HOTU and instead of d/l link there is "Contact Bethesda Softworks" link wich takes me to their site. After lokking at their store I can't find out if they still sell it or not.

Anyway, I ask you, smarter people than I am when it comes to this stuff, to check out what's up with Daggerfall. Oh, yeah, the game was released in 1994.

punch999
17-08-2005, 07:34 PM
email em about it
and please tell us how it turns out when you do email em

Onyx
17-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Uhmmm, yeah, would some of you guys e-mail them instead? The thing is if I mention Abandonia and they ask me about specific things about the site I'm afraid I won't be able to give them precise answers. Also, althought my English isn't that bad I feel a bit unsure when I must write something formal or important.

Yes people, I'm a coward when it comes to these things. Hell, I'm nervous when joining a forum for a first time. So, please, help poor little me, will ya?

punch999
17-08-2005, 07:49 PM
scaredy cat

Dear _____

Hello I read on a website that you are or were releasing morrowind for free. It told me to go to your site But I saw no such thing. If it is possible for me to somehow get this game please tell me.

sincerly,

just send them this :)

Doubler
17-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Punch, that's mean :P
Daggerfall is not abandoned, allthough it's not for sale. Why? Because Bethesda don't want to abandon it, which is their good right.
The game is difficult to come by. You could try E-bay, if you have faith in such a thing.

Onyx
17-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Well, I took a shot on e-mailing them anyway. I hope to get response soon. I'll notify you as soon as I find something out.

Doubler
17-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I have to tell you that on their own official forums they tell you to look on e-bay if you want to get hold of the game.
Oh wel... I'm curious to hear the reply to your mail. Would you mind posting what you sent them?

punch999
17-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Thats what i asked him to do

Doubler
17-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Hehe, sorry. Missed that.
My apologies.

punch999
17-08-2005, 08:20 PM
not any problem

Onyx
17-08-2005, 08:28 PM
This is the e-mail:

Dear Bethesda Softworks

After finding out you released Arena for free download I tryed to get informations about TES II: Daggerfall. On www.the-unerdogs.org I found review of this game and I was instructed to contact You about the informations on getting this game. I would like to know if I can buy this game or it's free.

Also, if the game is free or will be free in the future I would like to know under wich conditions would it be possible to host a game on another site or to provide a link to the download.

Sincerly, Bojan

As you see, I also asked about hosting it. So maybe we see it on Abandonia one day.... Maybe....

punch999
17-08-2005, 08:34 PM
you spelt underdogs wrong

Onyx
17-08-2005, 08:36 PM
da*n! oh well...

Doubler
17-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Yes, and 'tried', but I think they'll get the message anyway :P
It's a good mail, and I'm curious as to what the response will be.

Onyx
17-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Forget about typos allready! GMail notifyer sits silently in my taskbar... C'mon, notify me allready you piece of... :ranting:

Doubler
17-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Actually, it wasn't about the typo. It was about the fact that it didn't matter whether you spelled Underdogs wrong, because they'd get the idea.
I think the answer might take a while. Have patience :ok:

punch999
17-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Alot of gaming compinies know the doggys

Argith Nuei
19-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Onyx, you sending that e-mail inspired me to send one too. :ok:
If more people would mail bethesda to inquire about this we just might get a answer to the mystery that is Daggerfall.
Might as well keep reminding them now and then that we (the gamers) want to see daggerfall returned to us.
I,m sure they have a long list of Daggerfall requests, but I guess a few more wouldnt hurt. :D
Anyway, thumbs up for ya! :ok: :cheers:

Elon Yariv
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm looking for this game for a guy I know. Does anybody know where can I find it? :drunk:

Frodo
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Have you tried eBay?

:ok:

Mighty Midget
20-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Could someone who'd know where to look, find out the status on Daggerfall. It seems Bethseda Softworks is all out on even info on where to get it. On one forum (can't remember which but Bethseda TES related) someone said Bethseda still protects this game fiercely, and that abandonware 'status' is unlikely in the near future, but I haven't been able to verify this myself.

It's sold on Ebay apparently, but those are 2nd hands, it seems. Of course this is a better option than as abandonware, since you get all the stuff, box and all but there seems to be few for sale, and the quality on the cd can't be guarantied. Maybe others would like to buy/get this too.

Timpsi
20-06-2006, 07:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 20 2006, 04:57 PM) 238139</div>On one forum (can't remember which but Bethseda TES related) someone said Bethseda still protects this game fiercely, and that abandonware 'status' is unlikely in the near future, but I haven't been able to verify this myself.[/b]
This is true; in the past HOTU and several other sites that used to carry it have been asked to remove the download.

Before Oblivion came out it was rumoured/speculated that Bethesda would release it as freeware in order to mark the games 10th anniversary and the publication of Oblivion (like the released Arena when Morrowind came out), but it seems that those hopes were in vain.

Your best bet is to purchase a second hand copy, but look for a reliable seller. It *is* old media.

Tom Henrik
20-06-2006, 08:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 20 2006, 01:57 PM) 238139</div>
Could someone who'd know where to look, find out the status on Daggerfall.
[/b]

http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=awlist

Mighty Midget
21-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks TH, I've read that. The reason I posted is because it seems to be a lot of rumours concerning DF's status. I was hoping someone had heard anything substantial. I don't know how often this title's status is being monitored and updated on A.

Tom Henrik
21-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, the status with that game - as with any other Bethesda Softworks game not currently sold or freeware - is protected.

All Bethesda games are protected by default. If you have heard different rumours about it, then rest assured that those are indeed just rumours ;) :bleh:

Blood-Pigggy
22-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Daggerfall was a over-rated buggy game. There's no reason for you to want it :P

gregor
22-06-2006, 07:57 AM
i think it is good some people are willing to share it. :D

Mighty Midget
22-06-2006, 03:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 22 2006, 04:34 AM) 238655</div>
Daggerfall was a over-rated buggy game. There's no reason for you to want it :P
[/b]

Buggy, most certainly so. Over-rated? All about taste. I haven't played any RPGs that come close to DF as far as options is concerned. Ok, the graphics aren't exactly state of the art in 2006 (to say the least), but the size is unfathomable, and with the number of ways to play it is just staggering. I'll admit there are some weak points in DF, but not so much it can overshadow the greatness of the game.

@TH: *sigh* the wait continues.

limpster
10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Bethesda made it availiable for free download. Maybe it can be added to the site?

Japo
10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Of course

APPROVED

Soulsick
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
as in the title - the second chapter of The Elder Scrolls series Daggerfall is now free and can be downloaded from the official site of Bethesda :rocks:

Here you have the link - now i can finally see this game on abandonia:thumbs:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_games.htm

Paco
12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
good for you, but you were too late. Daggerfall is since long on our List. *yawn*

aKiBa55
20-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Okay I was surprised that Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall was not in your collection here. It has been released for free by the developer here: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_games.htm I would hate for people not to be able to play such an excellent game.

Sarin
20-11-2009, 05:14 PM
It's because the game hasn't been reviewed yet, or the review wasn't yet out on the page. But you can download it from offic pages anyway.

Zaru
20-11-2009, 05:47 PM
It's because the game hasn't been reviewed yet, or the review wasn't yet out on the page. But you can download it from offic pages anyway.
As far as I know, Bethesda's games that are released to the public as freeware must remain on their site. Other download sources are simply illegal.
I would hate for people not to be able to play such an excellent game.I don't quite understand what you are saying. As Sarin said, the game -is- out there, ready to be downloaded and I'm pretty sure Beth got some several thousands of downloads already. I agree in one thing, though. Abandonia -could- write a review of Daggerfall (but I could swear there was one once) and link the download straight to Beth's page, just to let people know that the second part of The Elder Scrolls can now, once again, be obtained legally (and free).

aKiBa55
20-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I was not aware that this was the case. My apologies.

Zaru
20-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I was not aware that this was the case. My apologies.
Hey mate, no apologies needed! That's just what I heard. :ouch: Bethesda is protecting their old games as if they were golden eggs. But, well... their games are quite far from that.

aKiBa55
21-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Ahaha well at least not the first 2. They're good but not beastly.