PDA

View Full Version : Space Quest 3 - The Pirates of Pestulon

Kosta
07-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/131)

auhsor
09-06-2004, 01:36 AM
This is one of my all time favourite games, and is my favourite Space Qest game. It is awesome. The story is really cool, and its just got that atmosphere about it. Highly reccomended.

Tom Henrik
09-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Don't forget the humour, which is HILLARIOUS! :wink:
Yes, the game is in the top ranks in the adventure genre! And I have also put up the manual to the game. These Sierra manuals are not like regular game manuals... Download it and you will see what I mean :wink:

auhsor
11-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes how could I forget about the humour. SQIII is full of it, and that s what makes it so great.

Thanks for the manual tom, its heaps cool. Unfortunately when I was little and was first playing adventure games, we never had our own copies, and yeah so never had the manual. I knew they were awesome and came with extra cool stuff, including those glasses things for this game.

Tom Henrik
11-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately I could not include the glasses... :P

:shock: (Wow! 400 posts!!) :shock:
:D

Kiddiarni
11-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Glasses?!? w00t? :shock:

Omuletzu
12-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Selling a game and giving away glasses with the manual doesn't make any sense tom.

Danny252
13-06-2004, 08:17 AM
well your answer lies n the last word of your message.
TOM.(is slightly off track)

Tom Henrik
13-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Could someone have an avatar of a smurf, and still be sane?

[LOF]Quietus
28-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Greetings all! :bye: (That should be a 'Hello' wave. LOL) Im Quietus/Q from clan Lethal Old Farts www.lethaloldfarts.net and I just want to say THANK YOU for bringin this site to life. I am a HUGE fan of these old DOS text based games and since Kings Quest 3 15 years ago followed by Police Quest 1, then Space Quest 2, Ive been HUNTING to no avail the rest of the games in the series. PTP/Gnutella searches were in vain and FINALLY a site that I can relive my childhood games again. :D I play mostly Quake 2 and DIablo 2, but I gotta say that no game compares to the humor and fun factor of the SQ, KQ and PQ series. :D

You will see me more on these boards now. I will provide tips and fun stuff that I discover when I play these games. :ok:

THanks again!!! Chat soon!

-Q-

auhsor
28-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Glad to see you are happy with the site. I hope you stayt here and enjoy the other cool games we have here, as well as being a valuable member of the forums :)

Oh and everyone play this game... Best. Adventure. Game. Ever.

goblins
28-12-2004, 11:05 PM
yes i have got the space quest series on CDs here and i played em all and mos were pretty good - saw myst 4 on sale - brought it and it is actually still pretty good.

As for the glasses never got them iether - a big gimmick no doubt.

LeD
18-01-2005, 12:41 AM
:ok: This Space Quest is awesome. First I ever seen actually, long ago LOL. Its humorous and fun. This is a MUST. Have it in your library!! :bye:

DonCorleone
21-01-2005, 04:44 PM
This one was my second Roger Wilco adventure. First one was "The Time Rippers" which I loved very much. But the 3rd part amazed me much more...
I can just emphasize what already has been said...don´t miss it!

FesterBlatz
01-03-2005, 07:50 PM
This is my favorite Space Quest adventure! The SCI series of 3-D adventures of Sierra On-Line were, in my opinion, the most fun to play. Gorgeous EGA graphics (takes talent to make 16 colors look like VGA, folks!), the intelligent typed interface, a fun and hilarious story, and memorable moments and characters make 'Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon' the best installment in the series. Enjoy sci-fi humor like the "Bowtie Fighter" from the "Cologne Wars" in the garbage freighter, or watching the U.S.S. Enterprise zoom away from Monolith Burger as you arrive.

Don't miss any of the seven games (if you count both versions of 'The Sarien Encounter'!). 'Space Quest V: The Next Mutation' is also a wonderful game. Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe were hilarious, talented guys, whose work is missed.

Anyone with even a passing interest in the series should be sure to check out http://www.spacequest.net for more information than you'd ever expect to see on an average fansite.

TheChosen
04-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Don't miss any of the seven games

You forgot to mention the two Fan-made games: The lost Chapter(which is horrible) and Chapter 0 (which is almost as good as the originals).

You can get them from the (best) Space Quest site: Virtual Broomcloset (http://wiw.org/~jess/roger.html) LOL

08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
no words can describe. Best adventure over the world. Howgh

Maftík
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
damn. Sorry. Maftík :)

kidneyboy
17-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks! I still have this on 5.25" disks at my parents house! Great game! :pimp: :smoke:

DonCorleone
17-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by TheChosen@Mar 4 2005, 09:38 AM
Don't miss any of the seven games

You forgot to mention the two Fan-made games: The lost Chapter(which is horrible) and Chapter 0 (which is almost as good as the originals).

You can get them from the (best) Space Quest site: Virtual Broomcloset (http://wiw.org/~jess/roger.html) LOL
Seven???
Thought there were just six of them....
Which one is number seven?

A. J. Raffles
17-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DonCorleone@Apr 17 2005, 07:18 PM
Seven???
Thought there were just six of them....
Which one is number seven?
He's probably referring to the VGA remake of SQ1. Strictly speaking, it's a different game.

Mr.Modem
11-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Ana Lingus@May 11 2005, 06:44 PM
[B]This game is terrible; in fact, most of Sierra On-Line's games were terrible. Anyone who likes them, in my opinion, has something wrong with their head, and should seek help immeadiately.
I say the same to people wo don't like them. This game is a real classic one of the best adventures ever made. You should seek help! :bleh:

A. J. Raffles
11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Ana Lingus@May 11 2005, 06:44 PM
[B]This game is terrible; in fact, most of Sierra On-Line's games were terrible. Anyone who likes them, in my opinion, has something wrong with their head, and should seek help immeadiately.
Erm, what exactly are you suggesting?:huh: This is meant to be a discussion about the game, really, so it would be a lot more helpful if you stated why you thought SQ3 was so terrible rather than to claim that all Sierra fans have "something wrong with their head". And if you're not interested in doing that, stop spamming this thread, please.

Havell
18-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I removed the two posts. Please don't feed the troll.

cuzman
14-02-2006, 02:11 PM
where can i find a downloadable version of this game? its one of my favourites

Frodo
14-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cuzman@Feb 14 2006, 03:11 PM
where can i find a downloadable version of this game? its one of my favourites
You can't download it because it's ESA.

Have you tried eBay? :ok:

26-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree with the above post because we support old companies and want people to buy their games! Sure, you COULD look around on the web and find it with probably little effort yourself, but then you would be a bad person. Enjoy the site! :bye:

britoca
12-05-2006, 05:27 AM
hello everyone. I see this thread has been stagnant for a while. I hope someone takes notice of my post.

I am trying to download the game from the game page and I can't find any links to it.

pls help, thanks

The Fifth Horseman
12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by second last post before yours
You can't download it because it's ESA.

21-05-2006, 03:34 PM
question:
How do you get the un-ESA version of this game?

Ok I wasn't serious but, shucks looks like I'm a little late to this party. How long ago was this game available for DL here? I played this game when I was very young, maybe around 10 and I can remember even from back then how good it is.

Reup
21-05-2006, 05:17 PM
It's been quite a while ago we had to take it down. It used to be available for quite some time after that on SpaceQuest.net, but since a re-release of the SQ series is planned for next month, even that site had to take down the games... Good news is off course that the games will be for sale again next month :ok:

mactheknife
28-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Space Quest 3: The Pirates Of Pestulon is by far and awy the best of the Roger Wilco Space Quest series! This game is fantastic, miss it at your peril!

Best Space Quest Games:

1: Space Quest 3
2: Space Quest 5
3: Space Quest 4
4: Space Quest 6 (I haven't played the full game, but the demo is good!)
5: Space Quest 2
6: Space Quest 1 VGA
7: Space Quest 1

Here's a cheeky pointer, the first 5 games used to be hosted, for free download by [censored], I dunno if they are still there? They had all of the old Sierra games, Kings Quest, Larry, and Police Quest! Now don't get me started on Police Quest, I'll be praising all night long!

see ya

Grand Dad
30-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree with your order of prefernce, except that SQ 4 should've come after SQ 2. SQ 6 ? Never saw it!

cnquist
15-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I recently started playing this series again and I'm stuck at the end of this one. I can't seem to hit any of the enemy skull ships as I'm escaping. I know I've done this before. Any help would be appreciated.

This is one of, if not, the first adventure game I ever played, as such it has a special place in my heart. And helped me get into this wonderful genre.

cnquist
16-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I really need help with the end game sequence. I tried again last night and I can not lock onto the ships I'm supposed to shoot down. I know I've done it before and it wasn't that hard! I have tried clicking on the ships as they more around the screen but but they always go out of range before I can get a lock.

Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I figured it out. I had not set my ship to attack speed before I opened the weapons system. It was as easy as I remember after that.

gumpy
17-06-2009, 06:07 PM
The best SQ game next to the original SQ. :clap:

It's funny how Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe put themselves in the game.

DarthHelmet86
28-07-2010, 03:31 AM
This game is up on GoG for sale. Will need to change the link.

eugene425
28-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Space Quest 3: The Pirates Of Pestulon is by far and awy the best of the Roger Wilco Space Quest series! This game is fantastic, miss it at your peril!

Best Space Quest Games:

1: Space Quest 3
2: Space Quest 5
3: Space Quest 4
4: Space Quest 6 (I haven't played the full game, but the demo is good!)
5: Space Quest 2
6: Space Quest 1 VGA
7: Space Quest 1

Here's a cheeky pointer, the first 5 games used to be hosted, for free download by [censored], I dunno if they are still there? They had all of the old Sierra games, Kings Quest, Larry, and Police Quest! Now don't get me started on Police Quest, I'll be praising all night long!

see ya
In my opinion all of the other way around.
1: Space Quest 1 VGA
2: Space Quest 4
3: Space Quest 5
4: Space Quest 6
Thats all.The original version, in my opinion, not worth mentioning at all.:sucks:

Dave
29-07-2010, 04:15 PM
This game is up on GoG for sale. Will need to change the link.
Ok, just done :)