PDA

View Full Version : Death Gate Install?

dgatelifer
11-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I got DosBox, and I mounted the C:\>dgate\, but now when I try to run the comment c:\>dgate\install.exe it opens up the screen that ask which drive to mount it on, but wont let me select C:\

Any suggestions?

I also tried to virtually mount it, but that didn't work either.

Eagle of Fire
12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Mount the game as A:\ instead of C:\ ?

hunvagy
17-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Well if you got the one from the page, you don't need to install itt, just start it with dgate.exe or whatever.

If you got the ISO cellar version, then you need to mount the CD image as a CD drive other then C drive letter, and need to mount a directory as C so you can install it somewhere.

Tracker
17-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Which is as follows, actually:

My directory structure:

D:\dos\hdd
D:\dos\dgate

DosBOX commands:

mount C D:\dos\hdd
mount D D:\dos\dgate\dgate.iso -t iso
D:\
install
C:\DGATE\DGATE

These might not be accurate, but the idea is, that you have a folder where you want to install your game (here it is D:\dos\hdd, the folder I use for installing games within DosBOX) and you have an ISO file you mount as a CD-ROM drive (D:\dos\dgate). The install.exe file (or setup.exe?) will automatically copy the game files to C:\DGATE, which is actually D:\dos\hdd\DGATE on my computer. Be sure to install the cutscenes as well, otherwise you will have to mount the ISO file whenever you would like to play the game.