PDA

View Full Version : Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing(...)

Funkmaster5000
17-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey guys.
First I want to say that I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I can't check it, because when I want to use the search I get this error:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

This error occurs all the time scince I started using the forum again lately. I get it, when I want to delete mails or update my posts etc. I can't even see my own posts, so I'm not sure, if this one appears or not.

Thanks in advance.

Eagle of Fire
17-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Which browser and which version of said browser are you using?

Japo
17-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I experienced this one day every time I tried to "fast reply", but the next day or sooner it was gone.

Funkmaster5000
18-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Which browser and which version of said browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox Version 13.0.1.

Eagle of Fire
18-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Errr... I'm still using FireFox version 3.6.3.

Are you telling me that there has been 10 frigging versions since I started using this one??? :oh:

I don't think it would be right to actually try to help you. I don't know enough of the higher versions...

Funkmaster5000
18-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Ah man, what a shame! Thanks anyway!

Well, I've updated a couple hours ago and now it's actually 14.0.1 :D

TotalAnarchy
20-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Ver. 14.0.1 - Fixed miscellaneous bugs, added support for elephant keyboards (reached 100 animal species and counting), added extra bugs as a reason to develop Ver. 15.0.1

dosraider
20-07-2012, 07:24 AM
..... added extra bugs as a reason to develop Ver. 15.0.1
And add a lot of bloatware .....

Makes me even wonder if I gonna ditch FF ...... or not.

*... groans ...*

Eagle of Fire
20-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Don't update to new versions if they serve no purpose???

I'm still on 3.6.3 and lived happily ever after.

jonh_sabugs
20-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I am getting this error a lot on Firefox 12.0. In fact, the forum seems rather buggy lately, some posts only show up here a day or two after posting, and sometimes I can't seem to log in either.

Eagle of Fire
21-07-2012, 01:21 AM
You know, the only time I ever got something similar was when I was at my job using my notebook. And that was obviously because the network was messing up something.

Are you on wireless?

dosraider
21-07-2012, 03:34 AM

Don't update to new versions if they serve no purpose???

I'm still on 3.6.3 and lived happily ever after.
Yep, you're right. If It would be for me only I would probably still be on Arachne.
But you see, sometimes there are some bloody #@#@#@# critters crawling around here, and they want to be able to download/save easily their fav (youtube etcetera) clips, so yeah ..... *sigh*

****> example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDzheYNONI8&feature=related)

jonh_sabugs
21-07-2012, 05:29 AM
I am not on wireless.

For example, right now I can read the second page of this thread, but if I go to the first, I don't see my own post. If I open it on another browser, like IE I can read all posts, including mine. I can't help but feel something is wrong with the forum caches (i.e. I am looking at an old cached page), but no idea why.

dosraider
21-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Mayhaps this topic about cache problems with FF (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27331) can be helpfull ?

jonh_sabugs
21-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I downgraded back to 3.x, let's see if it helps.

Edit: Seems to be working well so far. Shame on me for blindly upgrading, I guess.

As a side note, I noticed they jumped from 3.x to 14.x in less than an year. I think it was a poor choice of version numbers, since it hasn't changed much. Also, 12.0 was using memory like hell, forcing me to constantly restart the process, to avoid hogging the machine. So far, 3.x seems to be managing the memory way better. So, I don't think it's wise to upgrade Firefox for now.

The Fifth Horseman
23-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I've just (accidentally) upgraded to 12.0 myself.
I've changed some of the meta headers used to prevent caching.
It's possible that one of the headers added during our previous attempts to resolve this very problem may have been aggravating it instead.

The Fifth Horseman
25-07-2012, 12:04 AM
A little testing later I think I have the right solution. You'll need to remove any currently cached pages from the forum (or empty your cache) in order to ensure it takes full effect.
Let me know if you still experience the issue.