PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles in Fable

T0NY0
04-07-2012, 12:43 AM
The download page for Fable says:

"When the game starts for the first time, there will be no visible dialogues. This is because the game is meant to include speech. So, in order to show the dialogues as text you need to press Enter to get into the Game Options. Then just restart the game, and you'll see the dialogue from the first scene."

I tried this, and it didn't work. Not only do the subtitles not show up, the response options don't show up either. When I press enter, the Game Options do not show up. When I restart the game, nothing has changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated--I really want to play this game!

3xOi
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
The download page for Fable says:

"When the game starts for the first time, there will be no visible dialogues. This is because the game is meant to include speech. So, in order to show the dialogues as text you need to press Enter to get into the Game Options. Then just restart the game, and you'll see the dialogue from the first scene."

I tried this, and it didn't work. Not only do the subtitles not show up, the response options don't show up either. When I press enter, the Game Options do not show up. When I restart the game, nothing has changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated--I really want to play this game!

Try to start a new game, not restarting the game itself. Fable doesn't save the option settings. If at lat the savegames remember the settings I'm not sure, maybe they do.

T0NY0
11-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Try to start a new game, not restarting the game itself. Fable doesn't save the option settings. If at lat the savegames remember the settings I'm not sure, maybe they do.

Nope, still nothing. My only option is to start a new game--since I have no saved files--and once I've done that I can't get back to the main menu to try starting again.