PDA

View Full Version : Could you please let me turn off that giant Facebook banner?

Win95000
23-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I have no interest in joining Facebook and I would prefer if I did not have to see the banner waste space on every page I visit.

By the way, when are you people going to straighten out the site's layout? It's pretty disconcerting to see text covered up or running off boxes all the time.

Lulu_Jane
23-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi Win95000,

We are currently doing our best to work with the site devs to fix the UI problems that the site obviously has. Unfortunately there is no way as of yet for us to enable you to remove the facebook banner.

Believe me we're aware of the issues and would love to make your experience on Abandonia more pleasant. In the meantime, I recommend you (and anyone else reading this with similar concerns) to please use the contact form (http://www.abandonia.com/en/contact) so you can voice your specific site issues directly with the dev team.

Aside from this, I hope you find content and a community here that you can enjoy! :)

TheChosen
23-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Whatever happened to that smaller box which only showed up on frontpage? That was so much better.

This one also occasionally bugs out for me, meaning that I cant click on anywhere properly. If I do, it acts like Im clicking the damn Facebook-bar.

Also, the same Facebook-bar seems to be applied on other Abovo Group pages. Great site design there, powers-that-be.

EDIT: And before this goes on, lets not turn this into "Facebook sucks, part 2" thread. Okay?

Lulu_Jane
23-04-2012, 04:37 PM
The AB staff had control over the little one on the front page, leaving both seemed silly (and we received complaints anyway) considering there's the giant one here now that we can't control.

I really understand that it's annoying guys, please bear with up :)

Eagle of Fire
23-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Two words: FireFox and NoScript.

Edit: Adblock really help too.

Smiling Spectre
25-04-2012, 04:16 AM
This facebook bothers me too in my translations. There is not much space at all, and when half of my screen filled with giant "Traineeprogram.com" and another giant "Facebook"... Ouch.

Well, I filled this "contact" form too. :)

Japo
26-04-2012, 12:29 AM
I must say ads don't bother me usually, but here they're out of control. I never bothered blocking them but I've started recently, because of Abandonia. And the impact on page load times is very noticeable.

Smiling Spectre
26-04-2012, 04:15 AM
Great! Now here is another cool-giant-blocking-everything survey!

I hope, it's not direct consequence of our "remove some ads" petitions? %)

Dave
26-04-2012, 11:36 AM
See it as an opportunity to raise your voice.

Smiling Spectre
26-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, I answered. Twice, as it resurfaced on work too. :D Let's hope, it will do something good.

boldee
20-05-2012, 05:48 PM
4 words...FireFox....Worlds....Worst....Browser

MyVitalRemains
22-05-2012, 09:39 PM
If you have adblock (which I highly recommend you getting, especially when using this site) you can remove it with that.

Eagle of Fire
23-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Actually the world worst browser is IE. Closely followed by Chrome since it is a simple IE clone.

Don't take my word for it. Make a search on the net and you'll find over 10 years of people ranting about IE because it's crap. :rolleyes:

TotalAnarchy
23-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Actually the world worst browser is IE. Closely followed by Chrome since it is a simple IE clone.

Don't take my word for it. Make a search on the net and you'll find over 10 years of people ranting about IE because it's crap. :rolleyes:

Many things can change in 10 years, and they did.

Eagle of Fire
23-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Did they actually start to use the international settings?

twillight
24-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Did they actually start to use the international settings?

IE became crap in the last 10 years. I've no idea what's "international settings", but the "previously visited" menu is damn hidden, it wants to eat itself into all your programs, demands access to all kind of private data, doesn't recoginse eg. Google.com as legitimate webpage... Oh, and ocasionally crashes.

yoga
25-05-2012, 07:58 AM
IE became crap in the last 10 years. I've no idea what's "international settings", but the "previously visited" menu is damn hidden, it wants to eat itself into all your programs, demands access to all kind of private data, doesn't recoginse eg. Google.com as legitimate webpage... Oh, and ocasionally crashes.

Agree.

@Eagle of Fire

I recommend with Firefox
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on 0.9.6
No info for you to Google Analytics

No IE in my PC.
20% - Google
80% - Firefox

Eagle of Fire
25-05-2012, 11:28 PM
@Eagle of Fire

I recommend with Firefox