PDA

View Full Version : How to play game frim the cd in Dosbox

Blackwolf454
19-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Ok I got the Corridor 7: Alien Invasion cd files and burned them to a cd. I installed it but I get the same thing:"Corridor 7 cd not found or MSCDEX is not installed." and I have done the command "mount d d:\ -t cdrom" And it says "MSCDEX installed" but everytime I try to run the game it does not work. Can someone show me how to install MSCDEX the right way.

Scatty
19-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with MSCDEX driver. It is only emulated in, or maybe firmly integrated as a part of DosBox anyway so there's not much to do with it in DosBox, aside of the command line which you've typed correctly anyway.

Maybe it's a problem with the files you burned to a CD. Did you take the files of a CD and burned them to a CD, or did you burn an ISO of the game's CD, completely as it is, to a CD? There is a difference between the two options, which some games get a problem with if not done right.
You see, some games have some kind of verification (file?) on their CD which gets included in an ISO file with programs that take CD images 100% untouched to an ISO file (like Alcohol). If you then burn the ISO file as it is to a CD, it also burns this hidden verification in case of games which had one on their CD. If you instead just copy all the files to a CD, like from some folder for example, this verification isn't uncluded.

Japo
20-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Are you sure your CD drive in Windows is D:? For example mine is E:, so I would use "mount d e:\ -t cdrom"

Besides possible authenticity checks, or even if the game does none, it's possible that while burning the CD you used a newer file system that DOS can't support. I think DOS supported only ISO9660, not Joliet or UDF. I think the choice of file system is included in an image file, but if you simply burned the files as Scatty says, the burning program may have defaulted to a more current file system.

Blackwolf454
20-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I got it to work I download the iso from the iso cellar and mounted it and the game works fine and I can save games and all that thanks for the help