PDA

View Full Version : Please make the downloads resumable.

EagleEyeUnreg
13-02-2012, 01:19 AM
My internet connection is absolutely awful right now. I'm trying to download Dune 2000 because my disc is scratched up beyond repair, but I can only get about half way through the download before it stops downloading it. I'd already be finished downloading it now if resumable downloads were enabled, but as is I've already wasted over 3 times as much bandwidth trying to redownload than I would have just resuming.

Failing this, could someone upload Dune 2000 to Rapidshare? It's downloads are resumable.

EagleEyeUnreg
13-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Sorry for the double-thread and double post. Internet, etc., and I'm not logged in so I can't edit.

The Fifth Horseman
13-02-2012, 11:41 AM
There's an ISO in the ISO Cellar.

And no, I don't think the downloads can be made resumable. Way back when they were, various unscrupulous third parties took advantage of the fact - including ones which charged their users for their "services" and clamed to use a download manager to "protect their bandwidth" when it actually leeched the files from our server and stole our bandwidth.

EagleEyeUnreg
13-02-2012, 02:31 PM
That explains it then. Thank you. :)

Tracker
14-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Register today bro, and enjoy all of it's benefits, like the ISO Cellar. Have fun!