PDA

View Full Version : Lets compile a new PC!

TheChosen
31-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Limited budget here, so dont go around suggesting the newest, the hottest and the one's that let you run Modern Warfare 3 up to perfect 60fps. I just wanna compile a rig that can play games like Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Rising 2, L.A Noire and Duke Nukem Forever. Not necessarily in perfect, but in playable state. Im also building this computer so I can play games that have been released; not so I can play the games of the future (there will be time for those), so I dont want to hear stuff like "Thats old" or "Thats gonna be old next week".

Starting off with a motherboard, I have three requirement:

* 8x APG slot. Sounds a bit silly, but my ATI card is still quite good and powerful (512mb) and I dont want to shill out money for a new one.
* Supports dual 2 core CPU, similar or better.
* Its cheap, or at least I dont have to spend all my money on this one, then wait for month or two until I can buy a CPU

As for memory and rest of the stuff, I think I can figure those out myself, but for now, I need info on what motherboard I should get.

dosraider
31-10-2011, 02:31 PM
* 8x APG slot. Sounds a bit silly, but my ATI card is still quite good and powerful (512mb) and I dont want to shill out money for a new one.

It doesn't sound 'a bit' silly, but completely silly.

Something as this:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=H61M-S
with an onboard intel graph CPU performs graphically better then your ol'vidcard,. (If you swirl enough RAM on the board it goes up to approx 865MB vidmem).
And whilst being reasonably priced it's a good quality/value MOBO.

There are others like that, just look around till you find something that suits you and isn't obsolete by todays standards/demands.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

TheChosen
31-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Well you just did the complete opposite I asked for, so I'll leave it like that.

KrazeeXXL
31-10-2011, 05:03 PM
well, how much is your budget?

From my own expierence I can tell that you won't have fun with an ATI AGP graphics card playing Fallout NV... This game runs poor on ATI in general. You almost get twice the fps running it on a Nvidia one. (due to poor coding)

If you insist on running it on an AMD graphics card, you'll need to have a good CPU, too.
Considering an old AGP board with an old processor on it... a task which can't get achieved.

If I were you I wouldn't waste my money on an AGP board just because I have a good hd3850/4670/whatever. Sell this card on ebay or somewhere else. They're still worth some bucks atm.

Then move to PCIe.