PDA

View Full Version : Kings Quest III - To Heir is Human

Kosta
06-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/116)

Anonymous
16-06-2004, 07:22 AM
King?s Quest 3 is the only game in the King?s Quest series that is not connected to Graham and his family

Did you play the game?

Tom Henrik
16-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Whoops....

Sorry, that was a mistake...
I had a lot on my mind when I did that update...

So I am sorry I made some mistakes along the way.
That typing error got past my double-check.
But thanks for pointing it out. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!

angelbutter
13-09-2004, 03:58 PM
hey this may sound dumb, but the game wont let me save, like it says that the place i want to save it is not avalable , also there is something about a passoword when i enstall the game something about protected software do i need that? well yep if anyone feels like making my day go for it

jpnuar1
08-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Heh, this has got to be the first typing game I ever played, back when I still had a computer that could play the 5" disks. After a few days, I started thinking "open door", "drink water", etc. whenever I tried to do something... not so annoying, until my brain started to respond "Try another way of saying that"... Well, I guess I'll try to finish the game now, and hope that I can avoid that happening again! :whistle:

drew
15-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Can someone tell me how to install this game so that i can play it? I've downloaded the winzip file, but not what to do next.

Sebatianos
15-12-2004, 08:42 PM
OK - there's really something wrong here.
The zip file gets corupted during downloads (you might try and download it again). And when you try installing - other problems appear. We'll try to fix that and put the fixed version on the site as soon as possible.

DireWyrm
26-02-2005, 05:55 AM
This game is my earliest memory of gaming back on a THEN screamer 386 DX/40 ! I am now going to finish what I started 18 years ago !

_Peter
28-02-2005, 12:46 PM
This must have been one of the first games I ever played. I remember being fascinated being able to navigate through the house and picking up all kind of things. At the time I didn't understand all the English and doing all the sorcery was kind of vague but I liked it anyway. Unfortunately my version was corrupted and I couldn't climb out of the pirateship but with your version I could and finally I finished the Quest! Great, thanks very much!

Maftík
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
excellent game, I loved it. And it is very hard and difficult

Doc Adrian
08-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Its been years since I have played this. It all comes back to you so quickly, every time I see that cat on the basement steps my blood begins to boil.

christopherrobynn
14-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Has anyone else seen this problem? I get to the end and save the princess, but when I enter the second screen of stairs I am blocked by the princess. I can't go forward, only backward. And then, when I turn around and go back a screen it "warps" me back up next to the dragon. Very weird and very very annoying since its the very end. very
CAN ANYONE HELP?!

FurryThomas
18-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Definitely the hardest of the King's Quest series---I don't see how one could beat the game without ANY help from a walkthrough. Turning that horse fellator, Mannanan, into a cat is extremely satisfying.

Haradrim
25-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Is there a VGA version of this game like KQ 1 VGA and KQ2 VGA, I looked but could'nt find it. Thanks

MV75
25-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by FurryThomas@Mar 18 2005, 11:22 PM
Definitely the hardest of the King's Quest series---I don't see how one could beat the game without ANY help from a walkthrough. Turning that horse fellator, Mannanan, into a cat is extremely satisfying.
It's only hard if you don't have the original manual with the spell recipes in it.

BTW, you also know you want to stand next to him and type "kick cat". :D
________
Justin bieber (http://justinbieberfan.info/)

MV75
25-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Haradrim@Mar 25 2005, 02:04 PM
Is there a VGA version of this game like KQ 1 VGA and KQ2 VGA, I looked but could'nt find it. Thanks No there isn't and thank goodness for that. I didn't like what they did when they did the kq2 remake.

Haradrim
25-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Ah ok I'll play the original. 1 question though, how do I save LOL. I press f5, but how exactly do i set my directory? thanks

MV75
26-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Haradrim@Mar 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Ah ok I'll play the original. 1 question though, how do I save LOL. I press f5, but how exactly do i set my directory? thanks I don't follow. Just press F5, then type the description of the game and then press enter.

Bezza
05-05-2005, 01:43 AM
You dont need to specify a directory i think other than c:\ wherever you want it to appear.
Just delete that default listing first.
Hope this helps.
This is the best kings quest IMO.

Julius
17-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Actually there is a VGA remake of King's Quest 3. Or there is a version under construction. It will be finish this late this year. :Tom:

www.infamous-adventures.com :angel:

bye! :bye:

samtam90
17-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Julius@May 17 2005, 07:53 PM
Actually there is a VGA remake of King's Quest 3. Or there is a version under construction. It will be finish this late this year. :Tom:

www.infamous-adventures.com :angel:

bye! :bye:
Great link Julius! :ok:

I only knew about remakes of 1 and 2, but not 3.

17-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Just one question!

I cant download this game or any of the king's quest games!

Am I the only one!!! :crazy:

samtam90
17-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Guest@May 17 2005, 07:55 PM
Just one question!

Am I the only one!!! :crazy:
Nobody can. They've been removed from the site because they're still protected by ESA.

17-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by samtam90+May 17 2005, 07:56 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samtam90 @ May 17 2005, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Guest@May 17 2005, 07:55 PM
Just one question!

Am I the only one!!!* :crazy:
Nobody can. They've been removed from the site because they're still protected by ESA. [/b][/quote]
But why!! I mean this is stupid!

Then nobody can play the game at all!!!

Cause you cant buy it in a shop! :not_ok:

samtam90
17-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Guest+May 17 2005, 07:57 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ May 17 2005, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by samtam90@May 17 2005, 07:56 PM
******QuoteBegin-Guest@May 17 2005, 07:55 PM
Just one question!

Am I the only one!!!* :crazy:
Nobody can. They've been removed from the site because they're still protected by ESA.
But why!! I mean this is stupid!

Then nobody can play the game at all!!!

Cause you cant buy it in a shop! :not_ok: [/b][/quote]

You can buy the King's Quest Collection from a shop.

P.S. This is not the only site where you can download games..... :D

17-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Actually I have the King's Quest Collection... But my computer cant runs these games! I dont know why!

But why is it not okay to download this game... It is 20 years old!! I think it is stupid..

samtam90
17-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Guest@May 17 2005, 08:02 PM
Actually I have the King's Quest Collection... But my computer cant runs these games! I dont know why!

But why is it not okay to download this game... It is 20 years old!! I think it is stupid..
1) You can run it with Dosbox or VDMSound. Look in the utilities section of the site.
2) ESA still protect them, so they can't be uploaded if Abandonia doesn't want to have trouble with law.

19-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I have VDM sound... But is does not WORK! Only if downloaded the games on this site it was possible.. don't know why.. :cry:

Truecrusader
31-05-2005, 05:15 PM
How do you download the Zip file could you pleae tell me?

TheChosen
31-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Truecrusader@May 31 2005, 05:15 PM
How do you download the Zip file could you pleae tell me?
*SIIIIIGH*

Because the game is ESA-PROTECTED.Read above.

01-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Really want to play this hey has anybody ever played the VGA versions of kings quest 1 + 2 They are great! If i had money I would send it to them! :ok:

The only problems with them is that you need a walkthrough sometimes I went ballistec! :sniper: :sniper:

A. J. Raffles
01-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 1 2005, 07:00 PM
The only problems with them is that you need a walkthrough sometimes I went ballistec! :sniper: :sniper:
That's nearly always the case with Sierra games, though, isn't it? :D

Doc Adrian
02-06-2005, 05:20 AM
before the walkthroughs it took forever to beat the sierra games, it was kind of interesting having 4 kids huddle in front of a computer to try to beat a game. I remember having my older cousin help us type the spells faster and try to beat the clock before the wizard woke up and zapped us into dust with cranky wizard morning breath

TidusGirl
14-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey,

can anyone give me a link to the game?
I dont find that. I love that game O_O

A. J. Raffles
14-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by TidusGirl@Jun 14 2005, 08:50 PM
Hey,

can anyone give me a link to the game?
I dont find that. I love that game O_O
The game is ESA-protected, so giving you a download link (even if I knew one) would be illegal, I'm afraid. Sorry. You might want to try places like ebay, though. I believe King's Quest collections turn up there every now and then.:)

Agent Thingmaker
16-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Well, I finally found a place to admire my total favy - King's Quest III. I'm out of words, this thing really gets me going. I find sweeping the floor in kitchen in the game more exciting and pleasant than having fun in reality!It's is totally magic. Incredible & outstanding. :kosta: :kosta: :kosta:

Doc Adrian
16-06-2005, 11:50 AM
As long as you don't feel that way about emptying the wizard's chamber pot mate :)

I agree though this game still is magical to me too, especially after the wizard is gone and you can explore the countryside without worrying about getting vaporized.

Goodguy
05-08-2005, 07:23 PM
i cant download it cause its protected :angry: :blink:

A. J. Raffles
05-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Goodguy@Aug 5 2005, 07:23 PM
i cant download it cause its protected :angry: :blink:
Exactly.

scott
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Perhaps my favorite of the series. This one was quite challenging and required skill to beat. Turning Mannann into a cat was quite rewarding after all the torment he gave me. Also getting passed the Abominable Snowman was a bit challenging but fun.

Doc Adrian
14-09-2005, 12:53 PM
I opened up the Dr Pepper and went crazy (hey I was 8 and didn't have wine) when I got past the caves.

lot of fond memorys with this one

17-11-2005, 02:06 AM
ok i checked everywhere. you cannot buy this game unless from
somone who owns it.. like me, on rotted moldy floppy's..
so im thinking its abandoned. put it up and call it a day.
i love searching for games and only get list withen a year's time..
props to ID tho for actually SELLING doom

JimmyJ
17-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Vivendi is very strict with sierra games, no go

JimmyJ
17-11-2005, 02:13 AM
DOUBLE POST::

I have trouble, when wizard says to feed chickens, what do i do?

Doc Adrian
20-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Go outside to the screen with the chickens at the wizards house, the chicken feed is the yellow pile next to the coop. stand next to the chicken feed and type "Feed chickens"

JimmyJ
20-11-2005, 05:37 AM
LOL, tahnks, I cannot belive I never noticed that!!!!!

26-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Where exactly can I get the eagle feather? I've done everything else possible in the game but I seem to be stuck. Is there a time limit on meeting the "captain" etc...?

Gargin
13-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Currently there is not a VGA version however a fan based company called Infamous Adventures is creating one. Should be released within a couple months.

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/

Amythest
15-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey, I was reading through this thread and I just had to drop in this useful nugget of info:

My husband recently built a DOS machine (so we can play all our old games KQ, Police Quest, Space Quest, etc). However, the sound for KQ3 was not working properly.. it was poor PC speaker one note crap coming out. Ugh, awful. So he installed this hack called AGISB found here:
http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Utilities/...es/AGISB03.html (http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Utilities/SoundUtilities/AGISB03.html)
which allows the KQ3 opening theme song and everything else sound 99% like what it was when we all played it back in the day. It's beautiful. I haven't heard that song in years!

Ah, this was by FAR my favorite game.. I always loved when Mannanan made Gwydion do the exercises.

I too hope the game gets re-released soon. I was lucky enough to have purchased the box set several years ago, but who knows how long those CDs will last.

The Fifth Horseman
15-03-2006, 12:07 PM
If you are worried about the discs, make image files and save them on your HDD.

BTW, congrats on building a DOS machine. That's _the_ way to go! :ok:

30-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I followed the link that popped up after I tried to download KQ3 to ESA and it seems as though Sierra is no longer a member there...does that mean that ESA no longer protects it anymore? If it does, I would really appreciate it if it can be put up for downloads (I've been searching for it forever). If not, oh well.....

The Fifth Horseman
30-03-2006, 11:38 AM
The copyrights belong to Vivendi.

24-06-2006, 02:37 PM
The remake has been released!

21-06-2007, 07:32 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET THE EMPTY JAR FROM FOR THE BREWING A STORM RECIPE. I COMPLETED THE RECIPE BUT I HAVE NO JAR....

Paco
21-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Caps Lock is never a good help.

You have bought Lard in Port? The Lard IS in the Jar. If you have Lard then you have "empty" Jar too.

since King Quest 3 is on reloaded and 1+2 too.

But my Question is: why is KQ 1+2 Remake on Abadonia too and 3 not? The KQ Remakes 1-3 should only on Reloaded or not?

Geezer
22-06-2008, 04:13 AM
I had forgotten until I started to replay KQ3 recently how much this game truly sucks.

Doink
22-06-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm pretty sure you buy a jar from the shop keeper in the town.

and this has to be one of my all time favorite games.

to each his own.

Panthro
22-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Personally I think it has a shout at being the best in the KQ series, although a couple of the puzzles are head scratching, but that is better than not having to think at all.

The original quirks of the spell book failures and getting down the mountain are particularly annoying but do lead to some satisfaction also.

My only major problem with the original was the pirate ship. Annoyed the hell outta me.

The remake is very well done also, although may not be on this site as it may not be officially sanctioned by Vivendi in the same way as the 1+2 remakes? Not sure of the situation, but it was developed by a different team.

Geezer
22-06-2008, 07:09 PM
When the solutions to the puzzles are inconsistent and counter-intuitive and even the walkthrough solution makes you scratch your head in wonderment it doesn't make the game challenging it makes it stupid. If I have the patience to finish this game I am going to make a list of all the stupid and illogical things that I was forced to go to a walkthrough for.

Of course I don't expect everyone to share my opinion. I just think some of the other KQ games were much better.

Panthro
22-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I did manage to complete it many years ago without the aid of a FAQ, indeed it was before I had access to the internet. But I think all the early Sierra games were a little particular in what you had to do and when.

A real pain-in-the-ass from that perspective was trying to complete the first two Police Quest games (which I only did many years later) as I had little or no knowledge of US laws and procedures, let alone appropriate phrases and spellings.

If I had ever thought before then that all English was essentially the same, I was proved incorrect!

At least it did increase my typing speed!

ysorian
22-06-2008, 10:48 PM
i finished 3 with no probs... and it is my fav of the series... i cant believe im admittin this but i still havent finished 2. Prob the only quest game i havent, but i refuse to go to a walkthrough or ask for help :laugh:

Doink
23-06-2008, 06:32 AM
i finished 3 with no probs... and it is my fav of the series... i cant believe im admittin this but i still havent finished 2. Prob the only quest game i havent, but i refuse to go to a walkthrough or ask for help :laugh:

Same here i have't finised kq2 either:( maybe one day i'll go back to it. spent days and days playing KQ3 with a copied spell book with spelling mistakes:( which made it a pain in the ass, lots of trial and error:wacko:

Akira
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
This is one of my favorites in the KQ series. It has some really unique aspects to it, while still feeling King's-Questy :p I also really like how there are different ways to solve stuff... the first time I finished the game I didn't even find the map!

And I adore cats, but I still love how you can totally beat up Manannan's (sp?) feline XD ("hit cat", "punch cat", "kick cat"): "Screeeeeeeeeeeeeech! (heheheh)" :laugh::laugh:

Akira
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Same here i have't finised kq2 either:( maybe one day i'll go back to it. spent days and days playing KQ3 with a copied spell book with spelling mistakes:( which made it a pain in the ass, lots of trial and error:wacko:

Oh wow, really?? KQ2 was the easiest for me! (but then again, my sisters and I all collaborated together for it...but *I* was the one who figured out the end! HaHA!

powdernsky
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Ack...! I was confused between this, and Quest for Glory. > <

I'm going to play it though, just because it sounds really good. :laugh:

Emmailoveyou
19-02-2009, 07:43 AM
i dont know how to download this game =[ lol can someone help!

AlumiuN
19-02-2009, 07:50 AM
http://www.abandonia.com/en/faq

This should explain it. :)

Maxor127
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Probably my favorite game of the series. I interchange it with King's Quest 6 a lot. I was blown away by this game when I first played it. It's a huge improvement over the first two games in terms of story and graphics even though at first glance it appears to be the same as the previous games, they did lots of neat tricks that really added more detail. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't play this on the IIgs in all of its audio glory.

gsm187
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
best quest game of the old sierra ones ever.

They really FxxKED up the sierra games when they took away the typing and did point n click.. took the thinking part out and the actual gameplay away..

so stupid sierra games now..

I love all thos old quest games. This is the best one :thumbs:

Surgeon
27-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Is this from the 1980s the only version of the game? It didn't share the (good) fate of I and II?

arete
27-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Not that I know of, sorry. Try www.mobygames.com and see what they say. As a kid I hated this game for the simple reason that, at a certain point, Mananann (wasn't that the name of some Celtic god of destruction?) would come back and turn you into powder. We couldn't get any further than that, and I despise Roberta Williams to this day. :fish: And I always use walkthroughs now, simply because I don't have enough time to try figure out a game designed primarily to sell hintbooks. :Grr: :tiger:

Maxor127
27-09-2009, 07:23 AM
There's a VGA fan remake. I loved this game as a kid. The dying and trying to figure out what to do was part of the fun and challenge. It's what made these games take weeks or months to win when you could beat them in just a few hours if you knew what to do. And when you finally figured out what to do and advanced a little further, it was very satisfying, especially when you got to see a new screen. I rarely used a hint book. I won this game without one. I remember I was stuck in Police Quest forever and finally had to call the hint line to figure out how to get rid of Sweet Cheeks. King's Quest IV was a lot worse. Finding the bridle was probably impossible without a hint. I remember a friend told me where it was and I still couldn't find it. I don't remember if I had to look up a hint or not.

Luchsen
27-09-2009, 11:31 AM
King's Quest III VGA (http://www.infamous-adventures.com/kq3/)

Surgeon
28-09-2009, 07:50 PM
King's Quest III VGA (http://www.infamous-adventures.com/kq3/)

But that isn't as 'complete' as the first two, right?

Also, are all King's Quests (never played any but the first) identical in style, or there is difference?

Maxor127
28-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Isn't as complete? It's the exact same as the original except it uses interface and graphics reminiscent of the VGA games.

All of the games share characters and locations and have overaching plots.

King's Quest 1 is pretty simple compared to the sequels. I think each game became more interesting and creative and refined with each new game. King's Quest 1-3 are similar graphically, although I think the story gets better with each one. I think King's Quest 3 has the best story of the early games and is the best game overall. I liked how it's a departure from the other games, but still ties into them.

King's Quest 4 was a minor technical leap over the first 3.

King's Quest 5 was a huge technical leap since it's the first game in the series to use VGA graphics and the new icon interface instead of a text parser.

King's Quest 6 is probably the best game in the series.

King's Quest 7 was too simple and girly for me. I wanted to blow my brains out playing it. It's more like an interactive Disney cartoon aimed at young children, especially girls.

King's Quest 8 was a huge departure for the series. It's in a completely 3D world and heavily focused on combat, which would be all well and good but I think the graphics are ugly and the gameplay is boring, and it's incredibly buggy and hard to get working on current systems. Where I think the old original games look excellent despite their simple graphics, I think King's Quest 8 looks ugly with its low polygon models, flat textures, and low draw distance.

It's best to play the games in order because there is a continuous story between each one. You won't miss much playing them out of order, but I think it helps to appreciate the games more.

Surgeon
04-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Isn't as complete? It's the exact same as the original except it uses interface and graphics reminiscent of the VGA games.

All of the games share characters and locations and have overaching plots.

King's Quest 1 is pretty simple compared to the sequels. I think each game became more interesting and creative and refined with each new game. King's Quest 1-3 are similar graphically, although I think the story gets better with each one. I think King's Quest 3 has the best story of the early games and is the best game overall. I liked how it's a departure from the other games, but still ties into them.

King's Quest 4 was a minor technical leap over the first 3.

King's Quest 5 was a huge technical leap since it's the first game in the series to use VGA graphics and the new icon interface instead of a text parser.

King's Quest 6 is probably the best game in the series.

King's Quest 7 was too simple and girly for me. I wanted to blow my brains out playing it. It's more like an interactive Disney cartoon aimed at young children, especially girls.

King's Quest 8 was a huge departure for the series. It's in a completely 3D world and heavily focused on combat, which would be all well and good but I think the graphics are ugly and the gameplay is boring, and it's incredibly buggy and hard to get working on current systems. Where I think the old original games look excellent despite their simple graphics, I think King's Quest 8 looks ugly with its low polygon models, flat textures, and low draw distance.

It's best to play the games in order because there is a continuous story between each one. You won't miss much playing them out of order, but I think it helps to appreciate the games more.

I meant, the first King's Quest doesn't seem like something I'm looking for, an adventure game. There's virtually no talk whatsoever.

SurgeonNotLogged
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Do the later King's Quests seem more like classical adventure games than the first (I like games with dialogue, especially dialogue options, etc...).

Lulu_Jane
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
From King's Quest 5 and upwards they no longer use the text parser so they have dialogue options/dialogue trees

DarthHelmet86
28-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I played this game so much as a kid, I never saved just loaded my dad's saves. I thought I was playing the game correctly, but then again I was only four. The game is hard if you don't know what you are doing, or how long the wizard is going to be away, however I still find it a really fun game to play. Just like most Sierra games you can die in some many ways, alot of them you won't know about until its too late, so save often and don't just keep saving over the same file make new ones and you should be fine.

Maxor127
28-05-2010, 01:20 PM
It's impossible without the manual. The spellbook was pretty much copy protection. Back when copy protection was fun and interestingly integrated into the game.

Capo
19-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Is this remake as good as the firt two of the series ? Im not sure if is worth playing this.

DarthHelmet86
19-12-2010, 10:40 PM
The remake of this game was done by different people....unless the company changed names. But either way I love the orginal game and the remake is really great. It updates the graphics and the controls to the King Quest 5/6 area. Give it a try Capo...it's free anyway.

Capo
20-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Nice to hear that, in download asap! :D

Maxor127
21-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I want remakes of the remakes, and remakes for the VGA games. Go all out with 3D rendering of the 2D screens at HD resolutions like the Monkey Island remakes.

Capo
30-01-2011, 04:12 PM
AGDInteractive has announced that their remake of King's Quest III will be relased this february :OK:

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq3/

DarthHelmet86
30-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Two remakes for the same game. :suspicious:

Though the new one looks better in graphics we shall see which one is best when it comes out.

Paco
28-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Its out since a week or so.

@Darth seems they change some there and here but not as much like KQ2 where the Story got overhauled.

But dont ask me what got changed...

edit: KQ 1+2 also got patched up to fixes some bugs and there is now a MAC-Version of the Games too.

DarthHelmet86
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I have not played it yet, but from what I read they added stuff to the game. This might ruin the game for me as KQ3 is one of my favourite KQs...in fact along with 6 they are my only favourite KQ games.

Oh well I will post once I have played it and beaten it, first steps though is a Let's Play with Resulka on Youtube of the original game.

The Occupant
10-03-2011, 06:11 AM
This game is horrible. Even with a walk through, the time limit and the random nature made it impossible to complete, even with a walk through. So yeah, you can do everything right and still die because the evil wizard happened to teleport into the room at JUST the wrong time. This gleeful evil mindedness is a hall mark of Sierra adventures, but this one takes it to new and despairing heights, or should I say depths. Unlike other AGD remakes, I really hesitate about downloading it. Sure, the graphics are are stunning, easily comparable to, if not better then, VGA era Sierra graphics. But the game it was based on was so excruciatingly horrid, I wonder if it is worth it. As for this game, the graphics, well, they are impressive for the AGI engine, really eking out some of the best performance possible with the limited engine, kudos on that. The Dragon seen in one of the screenshots on the review page is especially impressive. But the game is so evil minded, I don't want a repeat, no matter how pretty.
Yeah, I hate this game, can you tell?

arete
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
As long as you put all your items in the chest next to your bed, he doesn't suspect. You just have to time yourself properly. If I can do it, so can you :)

DarthHelmet86
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
You hide the items with Stars next door to them in your inventory under the bed. And the timer is rather easy to work out and beat, Manannan leaves at around 7 or so minutes and will come back at around 25. If you want to use a walk-through I would suggest simply using it to find out where the items you need for the Transform into Fly or Eagle and the Turn Person into Cat spells are and rush to get them done (you need to turn into a fly to hear something to get max points). Leave the other spells until you have dealt with Manannan.

Or you can collect everything you can and make sure it is all hidden by the time Manannan is due back then wait for him to go to sleep. Once you know what you are doing this game is no harder then any of the other Sierra games, and much easier then Laura Bow 1. At least you can see the time in this one and don't accidentally move further ahead then you want.

The Occupant
10-03-2011, 05:31 PM
If he pops up before you get to the room, then no, no you can't. The only way to be sure to get to the room is to use the teleport cheat. A game that requires you to use a cheat code is a failure as a game.:sucks:

DarthHelmet86
10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
You don't need to use the cheat code...you need to wait for him to LEAVE THE HOUSE. He goes on a trip as I said around the 7 minute mark and comes back at around the 25 minute mark. The time is on the top of the screen in the original version and on at least one of the remakes.

I have beaten this game before and never had to cheat. It is also one of the two Kings Quest games I like. While I will admit it is a hard game, it is still easy enough to beat. If you are reading the walk-through that I think you are it is a bad one, it will not get you full points for starters.

arete
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
A good walkthrough is a must. Are you using the Magic Map from on top of Mana...nanan's wardrobe? Makes your life far easier. Just keep an eye on the clock, get the ingredients you need to use against him first, and worry about the ones for transforming into an eagle etc for later.

DarthHelmet86
10-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Arete you need to turn into a fly to hear something, that something leads to some money that then leads to an ingredient you need to turn Manannan into a cat. Thus for full points you need the Fly spell and Cat spell.

Capo
10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
The remake is GREAT, play it if you havent :OK: