PDA

View Full Version : Agents Of Justice

Drakemoore
31-05-2011, 11:50 PM
So, back in the latter part of the 90s, probably '97 or '98 at the tail end of the golden age of turn based tactics there was a super hero themed game that was staged to come out after X-Com Apocalypse by about 6 months or so for PC.

From what I recall about this game, it was squad based, each super hero you created and uniquely customized with various powers. The game world was a city map in which you could either do good or evil deeds such as rob banks and stop villains. I'm not sure if you could have a base or not like in X-Com.

It was sort of like Freedom Force meets X-Com or Jagged Alliance, as far as I remember.

Regardless though, all that I know of the game is that it was canceled near release due to publisher disagreements I believe and I'm trying to figure out what the name of it was so that I can look up which company was trying to develop it and those that worked on it.

Wiki's list of unreleased / canceled games did not have it, nor did any of the other lists that I could find.:dislike:

ianphillips2347
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Could be Agents Of Justice from Microprose (sounds like it could be)

'It was to be a turn-based, isometric squad-level game with heroes you could design, multiplayer for taking on your friend's heroes, and more. The player would fight three different criminal organizations, the Tech Lords, the Claw and the Shadowyn. Besides the tactical battles, there would be a strategic wrapper around the game that would have the player managing resources. Agents of Justice sounded like a superhero version of X-COM, so you can imagine how eager strategy game fans were to see this game. It even included random missions like X-COM had. '

Drakemoore
01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah! That's the game, thanks! Shame it never came out, also a shame that it's from what used to be a mainstream publisher that has gone through a few different buyouts.

Was kind of hoping it was from a smaller studio, maybe the IP rights wouldn't be so hard to get a open source tag on it.

Chances are slim, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a poke though.

Edit: Looks like it was developed by Simtex and Microprose was to be the publisher, hmm..

The Fifth Horseman
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
It appears Atari now has the rights to former Simtex property: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simtex