PDA

View Full Version : Were are you from.

The Niles
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I noticed that this forum is much more international then most others I have been too. I've seen people from Asia, South America even Africa. I think that's great and it got me curious to everyone else's origins. I'm from the Netherlands as you all probably know.

mika
03-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Well I voted Africa as I live South Africa, but I'm originally from Yugoslavia (Serbia - Belgrade) and my parents moved out here in Dec 1984 (When I was 8 ).

Stroggy
03-06-2004, 06:21 PM
its always funny how all the forums i visit, the people there always say how surprised they are the forum is so multicultural, more so than any other forum.
Eventually the only forum left that isn't that multicultural would be a members-only KKK-forum.

Anyway I am, sadly, from belgium

Tom Henrik
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah.

I have been wondering about this too... :)

I also visioned a small rotating globe (for instance stolen from UFO Enemy Unknown) with a red dot in every location there lives a member. This dot could be bigger if there are several members living there.
This globe could for instance be placed in the Memberlist section, or in the forum index.

Maybe such an animation would be easy to make for our hot shots 3D animators... I'm looking at Stroggy (who, sadly, lives in Belgium) and Kosta (who is happy to live in Zagreb, even if they don't sell Danish Cookies in Croatia).
Of course, it would need to be small so it would both load quickly and fit on the site. :D

Anonymous
03-06-2004, 08:02 PM
its always funny how all the forums i visit, the people there always say how surprised they are the forum is so multicultural, more so than any other forum.
Eventually the only forum left that isn't that multicultural would be a members-only KKK-forum.

Anyway I am, sadly, from belgium

Multicultural on much of the internet is still region specific. Americans and Europeans occupy on section of the internet Asians another. Language is still a barrier for most. And believe me this forum is much more diverse then the last one I visited regularly (which was a Star Trek site not a KKK site).

The Niles
03-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Dammit I logged in I saw my name on the roster and still I was posting as a Guest. What the fragging hell is going on here?

Tom Henrik
03-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Maybe it is a subtle hint from Kosta or Titan....
Maybe they do not want you here... :P :P :P

Danny252
03-06-2004, 08:33 PM
useless phpbb who was on in the last 5 mins auto log out thingy
well
In other words
phpbb has fucked up. Again.

well Im from
The keybopard ontop of the partially built computer
Computer desk
Above the main PC
Computer Room
1st floor up
Daniel's house
The West side of the little valley known as Coalbrookdale
The area a.k.a. Telford
The Salop O.A.I.I.N.K.(Or as it is now known) Shropshire
The west Midlands
The big Island(England)
The united group of the big island(The UK)
The best continent(Europe)
The 3rd planet
Orbiting Sol
The milky Way
Our Universe
Everything

LotharGR
03-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I am from Athens, Greece... Im living almost 1km away from the Olympic sports center. Until sometime ago everyone here was running like crazy ( above the olympic center you could a see a cloud of dust at any time of the day! The buldozers etc were working day-night ). Now things have calmed, since the center is nearing completion. Anyway... As some problems are solved, others arise, so it is widely feared here about how things will be in 2 months, when the olympics will start... We shall see i suppose :)

FreeFreddy
03-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Now as you know I'm from Germany, but guess what nationality I am...
Right, you did it! :D
I'm Russian, living for long time now in Germany. 8)

LotharGR
03-06-2004, 09:09 PM
In the former east Germany i suppose :)

Stroggy
03-06-2004, 09:11 PM
well i'm sorry but I've been moderator of about 5 forums now (all were quite large) and all of them were very multicultural.
true, mostly americans on most, but usually a fair ammount of germans, Brits, dutch and canadians.

Perhaps i just always became a memember of very multicultural forums...
bah... 'multicultural', only using that word makes me feel like one of Belgium's hippy politicians. :evil:

Kosta
03-06-2004, 09:13 PM
As much as I would like to put Croatia into the "Western Europe" category, it will have to be the eastern part.... :)

LotharGR
03-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Well... Geographicaly Croatia is in Eastern Europe, as Greece is ( even as many people prefer to put Greece to the "western" part of Europe )

The Niles
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
well i'm sorry but I've been moderator of about 5 forums now (all were quite large) and all of them were very multicultural.
true, mostly americans on most, but usually a fair ammount of germans, Brits, dutch and canadians.

Stroggy that's exactly what I mean. All from the western world. Here we have people from outside of the western world also and in bigger numbers then elsewhere. That's the great thing about this place.

Stroggy
03-06-2004, 09:38 PM
okay I looked up the results of the "where are you from" thread on another forum i used to moderate:

15 americans
7 dutch
10 germans
4 russians
7 japanese
8 pakistanis
9 saudies
4 egyptians
3 belgians
4 croatians
and most people didn't even participate in that thread.
so there you have it
multicultural soup.

Tom Henrik
03-06-2004, 09:40 PM
I can't see anyone from Scandinavia :D

Abandonia has several members from this part of the world.

Eric20
03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Im from the good ole USA. It seems im the only American here. lol

(PS. Please dont bash me for what our President has done, I did'nt vote for him :P))

I_Wanna_Be_A_Pirate
04-06-2004, 02:00 AM
I AM A AUSSIE! an proud of it!! :wink:

Titan
04-06-2004, 03:14 AM
"Hello, my name is Inga, and i'm here from schweden, and i'm sooo looooonly.." - Eddie Murphy :)

Sweden... well... basicly where i live...........

FreeFreddy
04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Nah, not east Germany, west part of it. In the area where Duesseldorf and Cologne are.

Tom Henrik
04-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Heh.
My dad lives in Giengen an der Brenz. In the exact middle from München and Stuttgart. :D (Closest "big" city is Heidenheim).

LotharGR
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
ok Freefreddy :) I just asked because East Germany was the communist part of the country and i believed that any russians would propably live in that part :)

Stroggy
04-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Im from the good ole USA. It seems im the only American here. lol

(PS. Please dont bash me for what our President has done, I did'nt vote for him :P))

you didn't vote for Mr. Bush?
You bastard!

heh, I seem to be one of the few people who still supports President Bush a bit... but mostly because of my own zionist point of view.

LotharGR
04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't see what good Bush has done... He has negleted the mess inside his country ( the unemployment rate etc, have set new records ) only to wage his "war" against invisible enemies. He has managed to make USA the most hated country in the Arabic world ( and to other places too ), and this means only one thing. That terrorism will only grow, not stop. The only reason he did the Wars to iraq and Afganistan was to cover his enormous scandals, and to take more money by giving work to his bussiness ( remember that the constraction company of the Vice-president Cheney is involved in Iraq ). As i see it Bush will be remembered in the future ( i hope that he will lose the coming elections ) as the worst president ever.

Tom Henrik
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Please....

Let us NOT turn this topic into a political debate!!

This is the worst case so far of you guys going WAY off topic.

Again...
Please, no political debates.

Thank you.

Eric20
04-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Well I wouldnt have even mentioned that. But alot of places I go, As soon as I say im an American they bash me to all hell, cause of President Bush... So i was just covering my hide.

Titan
04-06-2004, 11:52 PM
WARNING: Keep it clean, ok? Else i'll move threads or just delete them..

Mr.Peskapoe
05-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Another Swede over here, in the far north (Kiruna) for those who wanna place me more precisly :D

FreeFreddy
05-06-2004, 05:08 AM
ok Freefreddy :) I just asked because East Germany was the communist part of the country and i believed that any russians would propably live in that part :)
Usually no Russians come to Germany, most are rather russian Germans from earlier centuries, as was my father too. The only reason they come to Germany though is to get money and things, which can be obtained in west Germany, not east for sure. 8) Our relatives came before us for the same reason, so as they called my father to Germany, it was west-Germany.
But as my mother is true Russian and I feel more related to her, I consider myself Russian too. :wink:

LotharGR
05-06-2004, 06:41 AM
I see :) Isn't it a wonder how the world can chance sometimes? Germans and Russians hated each other to death just 60 years ago ( in WW2 ) :)

FreeFreddy
05-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Besides of that foolish political interests, all people are the same, so they always come together again.

auhsor
05-06-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm the second australian here... yay.

The other forums i go to quite alot (AGS) are pretty multicultural. Well mainly western people from europe, australia and usa, but there are others that dont fall into that catagory, and I think thats cool.

Kiddiarni
06-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Misa is the one and Only Icelandic peep in here...:D

eric10051981
21-06-2004, 09:10 AM
apparantely i'm still the one and only asian here.. south-east asia to be exact.. from a country called Indonesia..

The Niles
21-06-2004, 09:22 AM
We do have someone here from South America but he has not voted here yet I guess.

Omuletzu
21-06-2004, 10:24 AM
15 americans
7 dutch
10 germans
4 russians
7 japanese
8 pakistanis
9 saudies
4 egyptians
3 belgians
4 croatians

Add one romanian bastard and you've got it right mate :wink:

Ioncannon
21-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Live In Canada

Data
25-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Mars

Maikel
26-06-2004, 12:15 PM
7 dutch....we're getting there!

NeVeR
26-06-2004, 04:06 PM
write 1 more croatian dude :D

FreeFreddy
26-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Welcome :D You'll 4 sure like it here. But you just arrived in the beginning of the war (Administrator Wars) between Tom Henrik and Titanus, both Administrators here. Be sure to read all about it, it's great.

olzen
27-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm from Denmark. And no, it's not the capital of Sweden.

Omuletzu
27-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Welcome *:D *You'll 4 sure like it here. But you just arrived in the beginning of the war (Administrator Wars) between Tom Henrik and Titanus, both Administrators here. Be sure to read all about it, it's great.

:shock: Are they admins?? I thought they're just moderators...
None shall under-estimate the power of Kosta.He is our only master...

Tom Henrik
27-06-2004, 05:59 PM
There are currently three Administrators on this site, and one Moderator. 8)

The ranks (according to my head) are like this:

1. Kosta - The Master!
2. Titan - Kosta's Right Hand!
3. The Picard - Kosta's Left Hand!
4. ...
5. Mika - The RPG Master!
6. ...
7. FreeFreddy - Gaming Expert!
8. Data - The DosBox Master!
9. ...
10. Tom Henrik - Nothing in Particular!

Now, just because I have an Administrator title does not mean that I have a lot to say on the site, remember that! :wink:
I just help out.

That's all :)

Maikel
27-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Takes a lot of teamwork for Kosta to eat..given The picard is his left hand.. and titANUS his right :shock:

Not to mention going to the toil.....nevermind :twisted:

Omuletzu
27-06-2004, 06:51 PM
There are currently three Administrators on this site, and one Moderator. * 8)

The ranks (according to my head) are like this:

1. Kosta-del-sol - The Master!
2. titANUS - Kosta-del-sol's Right Hand!
3. The Pizzard - Kosta-del-sol's Left Hand!
4. ...
5. Mika - The RPG Master!
6. ...
7. FreeFreddy - Gaming Expert!
8. Data - The DosBox Master!
9. ...
10. Tom Henrik - Nothing in Particular!

Now, just because I have an Administrator title does not mean that I have a lot to say on the site, remember that! *:wink: *
I just help out.

That's all *:)

Got that right :wink:
No i'm just kidding... Anyway i saw that Ieremiou(sorry if i'm wrong about the name) has some knowledge regarding DosBox.So i think that Data has a competitor to that title... My opinion of course

eric10051981
28-06-2004, 02:00 AM
i say that as long as they are going a hell of a good job then it ain't matter who's on top.. well.. maybe for some.. :) but not me..

unclefester
29-06-2004, 10:09 PM
I am greek and I live in Volos (about 5 hours from Athens) which is the ugliest looking olimpic city ever!

BrokenAngel
07-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Im from the philippines...specifically at cebu the queen city of the south lolz!!!!

!!MABUHAY!! :lol:

Durak
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Middle America? Thought it was central...

revgb
11-07-2004, 02:17 AM
3rd Australian here :D

aiwaman
19-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Hi. I'm from Croatia.

FreeFreddy
19-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Heh, this site seem to magically attract people from Croatia. :lol:
At least 4 people already here from there.

Anonymous
19-07-2004, 11:12 AM
There are three more people from Croatia here? When I heard about this site from my friend I thought that it's an all American site but there are many people from Europe and even Africa and Asia.

aiwaman
19-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Ooops. Thats my post above. Forgot to log in.

FreeFreddy
19-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Just mark the option "always stay logged in" and you never again need to worry about login problem. :wink:

Tom Henrik
19-07-2004, 04:31 PM
The majority of the site is Europeans.

We have a few asians, and a handful of Americans and people from South America :)

We even have someone who lives in Africa. :D

sarua
22-07-2004, 10:44 AM
ehh... i hate to post again :x
Lithuania, Estern Europe

FreeFreddy
22-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Yes, it seems that most, if not all, posts in threads have been cut out so they are missing last posts.

Puffin
25-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Misa is the one and Only Icelandic peep in here...:D

Nah, Kiddiarni! Not anymore!!! MWUAHAHA! The Puffin has logged on! Abandonia will never be the same again. :twisted:
I come from Iceland as well!

Kiddiarni
25-07-2004, 10:39 PM
ye...ye whatever