PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Save Games?

Matt
27-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

Have just discovered this great site with all the classic old Amiga games I had/wanted as a kid. My first choice was "It Came from the Desert". I've got it up and running fine with sound and everything on DOSbox but I can't :ranting:'ing work out how to save games, which is essential for this particular game.

I bet the solution to this ridiculously simple for you experienced players so please help a frustrated newbie who's nearly dying of anticipation of playing this great game properly!!

Matt
27-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I just worked it out meself :w00t: and, yes, it was super-simple!
:ok: :cheers: :Brain: LOL :max:

Data
27-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Glad you worked it out.

wormpaul
27-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Plz explain How...

For all other people when they got the same problem :ok:

Rogue
27-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt!

xoopx
27-01-2005, 04:41 PM
like you probably discovered, if the dos game supports saving the game, then you do it how the dos program requires.
theres no save-state in dosbox.
on a related note, if you play amiga games then you could use winuae, which has a save-state option. ... which comes in handy for those games that didnt ever support save.

Rogue
27-01-2005, 04:53 PM
WinUAE supports save state only for ADF games. You can't use it if you have WHDLoad , JST or HD installed game.

It would be nice option on DOSBox, as long as they compress save files, same way Tony did it in WinUAE.

Dino
28-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Since Matt didn't find it interesting to share with others information about saving game in It Came From The Desert - it can be done at any time by going to the map and scrolling to the upper left corner of the map. There you'll se save game icon!